Fashionable Genius

9,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Millionaire 200
So I watched the finale on the web, if you haven't seen it then please stop reading right now or brace yourself for spoilers.

I really loved the finale: the animation, music and story finally seemed to be going in the same direction and I appreciate that. The animation and music have always been amazing but they definitely outdid themselves in those last episodes. And the story, I felt it picked up since the Beginnings parts (when I started watching this season I though I was watching a cheap television novela where they keep going back and forth with their romances and love triangles.)

The finale answered some of the questions I have been wondering about since this season began but it also raised new ones.

Some of the questions I have been thinking about have been:

First of all, since Vaatu and Unalaq merged and Korra 'killed' them, does that mean that since they were together they would reincarnate, and if they reincarnate together (still being a dark avatar) and they only had that one element; will they keep reincarnating into the water tribe or does Vaatu keep the element and he can reincarnate into any of the remaining elements?

Then again, when Vaatu ripped Raava out of Korra (severing the avatar line and erasing it crying ) does that mean that Vaatu, instead of reincarnating as a dark avatar will begin to regain his strength from withing Raava -and the avatar- making it completely balanced again? Meaning that the avatar will no longer be completely good since now s/he will have darkness inside as well. So the future avatars could go either way: light or dark?

And in that same line, when Wan merged with Raava she was at her weakest, that even though he was all powerful he was not as powerful as he could be, but now that Korra won and Raava is at her most powerful when they merged once again, Does that mean that Korra now will very likely be the most powerful avatar ever? And having tapped into the cosmic energy (that Aang refused) means that she will indeed be the greatest avatar that ever lived?

Does that mean that she should be able to tap into each element secondary manipulation -metal, blood and lightning?

I know I don't make much sence, but these are the questions I have been wondering about since I watched the finale.

What do you think? What questions did the finale leave unanswered for you?

Ps. I am so glad Mako and Korra are over! They never should have been together in the first place. Hope they stay out of each others ways for the rest of the series.