Lunata Drakon

MUAHAHAHA!

Trash Cat

28,090 Points
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Waffles! 25
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Lunata Drakon
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Okay. If metal is a form of earth, can't the metalbenders earthbend as well?
Maybe I just pay no attention but I haven't seen any metalbenders using earthbending.

////////////With Love////////////
*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Yup, they should all double as earthbenders, I think! Unless there's something I'm missing... But as I understand it, metalbending is just a specialized skill, if you will, within the "umbrella" of earthbending-- like bloodbending is a specialized skill created by a waterbender? So, I mean, you can't be a bloodbender without knowing how to waterbend... if that makes sense...

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Baka-Neko of doom
Lunata Drakon
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Maybe I just pay no attention but I haven't seen any metalbenders using earthbending.

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Yup, they should all double as earthbenders, I think! Unless there's something I'm missing... But as I understand it, metalbending is just a specialized skill, if you will, within the "umbrella" of earthbending-- like bloodbending is a specialized skill created by a waterbender? So, I mean, you can't be a bloodbender without knowing how to waterbend... if that makes sense...

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Yeah I know that I was just annoyed that they don't call them earthbenders. I realize that metalbending is specialized but still. Idk it's a technicality that annoys me slightly.

Hmm I wonder if anyone else even knows about bloodbending aside from Katara. After her reaction to using it (aside from when she used it on the guy she first thought killed her mom), I highly doubt she would have taught or told anyone about it.

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Trash Cat

28,090 Points
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Waffles! 25
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Lunata Drakon
Baka-Neko of doom
Lunata Drakon
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Yeah I know that I was just annoyed that they don't call them earthbenders. I realize that metalbending is specialized but still. Idk it's a technicality that annoys me slightly.

Hmm I wonder if anyone else even knows about bloodbending aside from Katara. After her reaction to using it (aside from when she used it on the guy she first thought killed her mom), I highly doubt she would have taught or told anyone about it.

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Yeah, I know what you mean~ I hope we get to see some earthbending action too! Or even just more metalbending than only the metal cords.
I think on the Nick site, in their character descriptions they're labeled "metalbender/earthbender".

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Baka-Neko of doom
Lunata Drakon
Baka-Neko of doom
Lunata Drakon
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Yeah, I know what you mean~ I hope we get to see some earthbending action too! Or even just more metalbending than only the metal cords.
I think on the Nick site, in their character descriptions they're labeled "metalbender/earthbender".

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Well that's good.
Yeah that's what annoys me about metalbending is that all they do is use wires.

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Tenacious Hellhound

Lunata Drakon
Aitara
Lunata Drakon

Considering that in the Korra time period everything else seems more advanced, they probably deemed Earth obsolete.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Well ******** them then! 3:<

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

If people gave a ********, those firebenders at the electric plants would form some lightning bender syndicate or guild.
Because lightning.

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Lunata Drakon
Aitara
I don't think it's possible to be solely a metal bender.

They would have had to originate from earth benders.

Maybe they just think that metal is ideal, and earth is clumsy/slow.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Yeah that was the issue I had with calling them "metal benders". Because they can't simply be metal benders and had to master earthbending in order to master metal.

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

It's because Metal Bending is an Advance Art of Earthbending. You wouldn't call a black belt a yellow belt even though they master all a yellow belt can do.

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Ya gotta learn to crawl before you can walk.

Quotable Genius

Lunata Drakon
Ustareth Merope Riddle
I'm pretty sure they can, but their last batch of situations haven't been ideal for earthbending.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Ah, yeah good point. It's just odd to not simply call them earthbenders, since that's what they are.

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Earthbenders specifically trained in the seemingly almighty metal.
Not all earthbenders can metalbend, and I think its also a generalized slang for the police force since they are the ones who do the most metalbending

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Gwendilyne
Lunata Drakon
Aitara

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Yeah that was the issue I had with calling them "metal benders". Because they can't simply be metal benders and had to master earthbending in order to master metal.

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

It's because Metal Bending is an Advance Art of Earthbending. You wouldn't call a black belt a yellow belt even though they master all a yellow belt can do.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

I realize that. But I still have an issue with it. I don't agree with the karate belt analogy because you probably don't have to be the master of all earthbending to learn how to bend metal. Bending doesn't necessarily have the same levels that are easily identified like those who train in karate.

I just don't like the title "metalbenders". They should have given them a different title. Like the Dai Lee. know what i mean?

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Virgil_Ashwood
Lunata Drakon
Ustareth Merope Riddle
I'm pretty sure they can, but their last batch of situations haven't been ideal for earthbending.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Ah, yeah good point. It's just odd to not simply call them earthbenders, since that's what they are.

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Not all earthbenders can metalbend, and I think its also a generalized slang for the police force since they are the ones who do the most metalbending

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

I just don't like the title "metalbenders". They should have given them a different title. Like the Dai Lee. know what i mean?

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Lunata Drakon
Gwendilyne
Lunata Drakon
Aitara

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

I realize that. But I still have an issue with it. I don't agree with the karate belt analogy because you probably don't have to be the master of all earthbending to learn how to bend metal. Bending doesn't necessarily have the same levels that are easily identified like those who train in karate.

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

From what I understand of Metalbending you have to fully understand earthbending to be able to metalbend. Not everyone can do it. Kind of like not everyone can lightningbend. Only the talented benders can do it.

Dapper Capitalist

14,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lunata Drakon
Ustareth Merope Riddle

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

It's because it doesn't describe them accurately.

All earth benders can bend earth, but not all earth benders can bend metal.

All metal benders can bend earth and metal.

Quotable Genius

Lunata Drakon
Virgil_Ashwood
Lunata Drakon
Ustareth Merope Riddle

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

I thought they were called the po po police. Dai Lee were the kings secret service, we have yet to hear of a specific title for the group, save for things like "Bei Fong's forces"

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Gwendilyne
Lunata Drakon
Gwendilyne
Lunata Drakon
Aitara

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

From what I understand of Metalbending you have to fully understand earthbending to be able to metalbend. Not everyone can do it. Kind of like not everyone can lightningbend. Only the talented benders can do it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノUser Image

Zuko became a "master" of firebending, but couldn't create lightning. This wasn't because of his skill, it was because of the turmoil within himself that kept him from being able to learn. Although he could redirect it eventually, he was never (during ATLAB) able to successfully create lightning. But the benders that could create lightning (his sister, uncle, father) were never called "lightning benders".

Maybe not everyone can metalbend, but I just don't like them creating new titles to classify benders. It bothers me A LOT for some reason.

*~св'ѕ Çυρϲαĸє ₣аΐяγ~*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas