Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Fairy

Okay, last night, I was re-watching all four episodes when I noticed something. In 'The Revelation', Amon placed his left hand on Lightning Bolt Zolt's nape, which is where the fourth cervical vertebra is located. He then placed his right hand on LBZ's forehead. And I was like, oh well. But then, upon further inspection, I saw something very peculiar and familiar at the same time. When I went to bed, I was still thinking about how Amon took the bender's ability to bend. I remembered three years ago that the fourth cervical vertebra is a fatal point of the human body. I then realized that Amon used this damn technique.

The fourth cervical vertebra is the armor that protects the spinal cord and the nerves. If broken/fractured, this causes quadriplegia, the paralysis of the four limbs (Both arms, both legs). If given enough pressure, one can paralyze someone just by using hands. Amon placed his hand on LBZ's nape and another on his head. He used his right hand to push down LBZ's head, giving him more help by pushing LBZ's back neck forward. Through this, Amon successfully broke LBZ's fourth cervical vertebra, giving LBZ quadriplegia. Now that LBZ is quadriplegic, he cannot fully control his body, especially his arms and his legs. He is still alive though, but much more like a vegetable. He was still able to stand back up after Amon did this because his body was still in a state of shock. After two or three minutes, quadriplegia kicks in.

And this is why Zolt wasn't able to produce fire, because you need to able to produce locomotive stances in order for you to bend. This is nearly impossible since Zolt is already quadriplegic. Of course, you can still bend with your face just like what King Bumi did on the Day of Black Sun: He made funny faces, which allowed him to earthbend his way out of the metallic coffin-ish thingy. But anyways, yeah. I think this might be one possible PROBABLE way of explaining Amon's capability of taking away someone's bending.

In conclusion, Amon was not blessed by the spirits to bring balance to the world through this. This MAY be a false propaganda, just to make the people believe he had the right to do so. I mean, almost everyone believed James I when he said he said God gave him divine right to rule over England. So, maybe this could stand as an example. And besides, it's not really energybending. Like in the last episode of AtLA, Aang and Ozai were glowing. Amon and Zolt weren't. So yeah, I guess this might be why.

EDIT:
If you want, you could share your theories in this thread. Together, we can decipher how Amon is doing this lol.

Other theories:

Quote:
My theory is that he is redirecting the energy flow away from the chakra points found in the forehead and the crown, which are tied in with spiritual development. Spiritual connection, whether the bender is good with spirituality or not, is still heavily tied to the bending, since it's portrayed as a connection to your guardian spirit. Remember, when the Moon Spirit was killed, waterbenders lost their power, so that spiritual connection is necessary.

Fashionable Genius

6,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
That would make sense, since Amon's energy blocking techniques were supposedly modeled after Ty Lee's chi blocking strikes, but she's part air bender.

Rainbow Fairy

RiverSong1984
That would make sense, since Amon's energy blocking techniques were supposedly modeled after Ty Lee's chi blocking strikes, but she's part air bender.
Who's part airbender? o..o?

Fashionable Genius

6,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200

Rainbow Fairy

RiverSong1984
Ty Lee
How did you know she was one?

Shaggy Loverboy

Whoa ho. Someone has put some serious thought into this. Even thinking about before going to bed.

I'm impressed. :0

Fashionable Genius

6,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
snuggle-you-to-death
RiverSong1984
Ty Lee

There is a theory floating around that the reason she is so limber and has grey eyes is because one of her ancestors was an air bender.

Rainbow Fairy

RiverSong1984
snuggle-you-to-death
RiverSong1984
Ty Lee

There is a theory floating around that the reason she is so limber and has grey eyes is because one of her ancestors was an air bender.
Well then, it's just a theory. And besides, if Ty Lee has gray eyes that make her part airbender, then Amon should be a firebender since he has yellow eyes. and what will be the color for the non-benders' eyes?

Fashionable Genius

6,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
Good point...>____<*

Rainbow Fairy

Bwazzam
Whoa ho. Someone has put some serious thought into this. Even thinking about before going to bed.

I'm impressed. :0
I guess that's a compliment? I mean, it took me hours just to figure out the facts I'm gonna support my observation. It was pretty stressful, but for the sake of the Avatar world, I WOULD STAND UP AND FIGHT.

IkoSibella's Partner

Astounding Fatcat

12,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Guildmember 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
_____________User Image_____________

I'm very impressed by your theory and you have me convinced. You make good points and theoretically stands up. i applaud you and your mental capabilities before sleep lol

I could see where its all a potential lie to get the people to believe he's all powerful. I could see the creators doing something like that with something like this. Course I'm keeping all possibilities open that seem legitimate.

and you're is up there for sure. of all the theories i like yours the best

User Image

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100

I would be inclined to believe this but I don't. It's well thought out yes but I'm not buying that's what it actually is. I still like the theory that 's just blocking chi in the forehead preventing bending. I don't remember what they called that channel or whatever but someone posted about and there's was well thought out much like your's. I just think the other is more likely.

Rainbow Fairy

Nemo Noctem
Thank you. It took quite awhile. And, nice posting style.

Rainbow Fairy

Gwendilyne

Come on, Gwen. We love each other! You're supposed to believe me!!!!

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
snuggle-you-to-death
Gwendilyne

Come on, Gwen. We love each other! You're supposed to believe me!!!!

I'm just not buying it. It's too dark of a theory for a Nick show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff