Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Hunter

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Mark Twain 100
SPOILERS! If you haven't watched the season finale TURN BACK NOW!

I greatly enjoyed the season finale, it was fast, exciting, well paced, and beautifully animated...But then...Vaatu/Unalok/Vatulok ripped out Rava and DESTROYED all the past avatars! I get that it was necessary for Korra's personal growth, I really do, but that single moment broke my heart and kept me, in large part, from fully enjoying the ending.

Season 1 of Korra had me a little conflicted. It was king of...okay, but the finale for season 2 has me nearly shattered. I WANT to like it so much, I WANT to say that it was really good, and yes, there was plenty of good, but the idea that Aang is gone forever, that the Legacy of Wan and all the avatars between him and Korra is no longer just tears me! I just hope that they will never be forgotten within the world.
Here's another theory: Vaatu didn't destroy the past avatars' spirits. He severed Raava's connection with them. Korra doesn't currently have a link to the past avatars. but the portals to the spirit world are now open. It is possible for her to contact them when she is in need. (I have a feeling the writers won't cut out Aang completely.)

Worst case scenario, Korra is the first avatar in a cycle that will last until the next harmonic convergence in 10,000 years. The spiritual connection between the avatars will remain in tact. I have hope that the legacy of the past avatars will be remembered. The avatar always has an impact on history, so chances are all of their tales have been recorded. And there's still Won Shi Tong's library, right? wink

Cute Spirit

15,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Hero 100
Reira Valencia
Here's another theory: Vaatu didn't destroy the past avatars' spirits. He severed Raava's connection with them. Korra doesn't currently have a link to the past avatars. but the portals to the spirit world are now open. It is possible for her to contact them when she is in need. (I have a feeling the writers won't cut out Aang completely.)

Worst case scenario, Korra is the first avatar in a cycle that will last until the next harmonic convergence in 10,000 years. The spiritual connection between the avatars will remain in tact. I have hope that the legacy of the past avatars will be remembered. The avatar always has an impact on history, so chances are all of their tales have been recorded. And there's still Won Shi Tong's library, right? wink

The voice actor for Aang has been confirmed for the 3rd season, so its a definite maybe c:

Devoted Poster

12,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
That ending brought so many feelz.
like FEELZ..... but i totally agree. but i
just hope the 3rd season wont just be about
stupid humans not being able to love spirits ......
User Image

Mega Hunter

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Reiltra
User Image

Oh, I do hope that's not the case indeed.

Edgy Fatcat

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Magical Girl 50
Reiltra
User Image

I feel as though next season will definitely have some humans and spirits who are unhappy about it, be we might even seen spirits and humans getting a long and helping each other too. But after thousands of years being apart there are bound to be some on both sides who are unhappy about the sudden change.

Devoted Poster

12,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
Totally, but i just don't know what the
3rd season will be about, like who's gonna
be the new antagonist, will Korra get smarter
will Mako finally die or get rejected by both chicks,
etc.

Intellectual Lunatic

I think the next season will be the season where they go on a road trip.

They will travel the world, going to the places where each past avatar's strongest memory remains.

Korra will use those memories/spirit energies to connect with each avatar:]

Or maybe she'll just use the big tree thing from the finale.

I think that severance was just a setup for one of the future seasons.

Rahym Suh-rees's Partner

Distinct Smoker

10,275 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
Reiltra
Totally, but i just don't know what the
3rd season will be about, like who's gonna
be the new antagonist, will Korra get smarter
will Mako finally die or get rejected by both chicks,
etc.

That's the thing about Korra, it's always a little uncertain what they are going to do from season to season. It would be interesting if Korra could reconnect to the past avatars, but I doubt it. I heard that the next season was gonna feature Lin Befong... so that's cool. mrgreen
I think that the things that happened this season has brought about a growth in Korra that will hopefully last. I'm a little tired of Mako and I really feel like they should focus elsewhere for romance in this show... because all it's been is Korra and Asami fawning over him for whatever reason. burning_eyes

Devoted Poster

12,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
Totally, like, i need Bolin X Eska, that was beautiful and totally worth my time,
and seriously, more Befong, this is wicked but i seriously want to know who the father is,
and also some flash backs abou LinX Tenzin, i wanna see how that went...
It would be amazing in the 3rd season if a new sort of bending is invented,
since there is like a billion lion turtles out there, that would make my day..

Anxious Conventioneer

ji-an
SPOILERS! If you haven't watched the season finale TURN BACK NOW!

I greatly enjoyed the season finale, it was fast, exciting, well paced, and beautifully animated...But then...Vaatu/Unalok/Vatulok ripped out Rava and DESTROYED all the past avatars! I get that it was necessary for Korra's personal growth, I really do, but that single moment broke my heart and kept me, in large part, from fully enjoying the ending.

Season 1 of Korra had me a little conflicted. It was king of...okay, but the finale for season 2 has me nearly shattered. I WANT to like it so much, I WANT to say that it was really good, and yes, there was plenty of good, but the idea that Aang is gone forever, that the Legacy of Wan and all the avatars between him and Korra is no longer just tears me! I just hope that they will never be forgotten within the world.

OH MY GOSH, I KNOW!

I don't know how there's going to be another season without them.
I was so close to actually CRYING. I probably was crying.

The end of season 1 ended so happily with people getting their powers back! Why couldn't this one have ended as well with her getting her spirit life back?

Dapper Capitalist

Actually, I'm glad they severed her link to the past avatars, or rather and I'm glad that they did it and didn't fix it at the end like they did with her bending at the end of season one.

I feel like they listened to their fanbase on this one. A lot of fans expressed disappointment with Korra getting her bending back so suddenly in the first season and would have much rather seen her start season two only able to bend one element. Granted back then they had no choice because they didn't even know if there would be a season two in the first place, but since they started making season two with the knowledge that they would have two more season after it, they were able to plan accordingly. So they listened to their fans criticisms and didn't fix everything right away this time. I'm sure Korra will repair her connection to the past Avatars eventually, just not right away.
I was so shocked like when I saw the avatars one by one disappearing my jaw dropped I think it dropped so low it reached the center of the earth all the way to china Oh my gawdddd crying crying crying

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
I thought that it was a great idea to let spirits roam the world free. Also, i hated Mako for lying to Korra about their relationship sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff