Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Kitten

It kind of got me thinking how no one else ever discovered metalbending before Toph.

I mean she found out what actually makes up metal. Yet those that worked with it
never bothered to experiment with it?

Be it firebenders that used it to for prisons and ships. Or earthbenders that could use it
for other purposes. Word would get around, no?

Or perhaps Toph was smarter than the average earthbender. neutral

Original Member

9,025 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Capt Saucy
It kind of got me thinking how no one else ever discovered metalbending before Toph.

I mean she found out what actually makes up metal. Yet those that worked with it
never bothered to experiment with it?

Be it firebenders that used it to for prisons and ships. Or earthbenders that could use it
for other purposes. Word would get around, no?

Or perhaps Toph was smarter than the average earthbender. neutral

you could be on to something! but i think everybody was just to ignorant to try it! classified_fu she had heart! emotion_awesome

Hilarious Tycoon

I can imagine an alien coming down to earth and studying us and thinking to itself "Wow, these humans didn't even invent nuclear weapons until a few decades ago? Didn't they look at all of that Uranium and get the least bit curious?" Lol.

I think other earth benders have tried before, but Toph was the first to crack the code
Toph actually SAW the earth, that's how she discovered it.
She used the ground to see, and when she was trapped in the metal cage after being captured she "saw" the rock particles in the metal.

Greedy Capitalist

I doubt Toph was the first. But I don't doubt that metalbending is an almost dead art that had lost its importance from when it was discovered until Toph re-created it.

In the past, the only sources of metal might have been in caves or something (I don't know where metal really comes from, or if its even a natural occurring element), but point is, any and all Metalbenders probably only bended metal (like sandbenders only bending sand). And since metal wasn't a prominent source until the Fire Nation began the war, it was an almost lost art.

Hope that made sense.
No I belive this guy was the first metal bender User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas