Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Gaian

Hey all! I feel like you guys may know best (also I can't find the/a cosplay forum on here??) about how to go about doing this specific Korra outfit!

I ordered a white turtle neck leotard for her top and I'm going to dye it blue and fix the collar up so it has that little dip in it and the white bits. Any suggestions for the dye?

In regards to her pants, I'm not sure how to approach them! I'm thinking about using this tutorial on YouTube. Do you guys think this would work if I altered the pattern/style a bit?

As for the shackles, I found a really good tutorial that I'm going to alter and use. I have no idea what to do for the chain, though! I really want the chain to wrap around my forearm like it does in the picture I included for reference. Help for this would be greatly appreciated!!

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Before you read on, I don't know anything about making cosplay outfits, so this'll be pretty short and (maybe) obvious but hopefully (somewhat) helpful feedback. I watched the tutorial and it seems pretty simple, the biggest difference I noticed between that and Korra's pants is the bagginess at the bottom. Also, I'm not sure what sort of tools you have available to you, but this chain looks pretty similar, is cheap and at a store that's pretty common. Good luck! whee

Tipsy Gaian

Lady Lallo
Before you read on, I don't know anything about making cosplay outfits, so this'll be pretty short and (maybe) obvious but hopefully (somewhat) helpful feedback. I watched the tutorial and it seems pretty simple, the biggest difference I noticed between that and Korra's pants is the bagginess at the bottom. Also, I'm not sure what sort of tools you have available to you, but this chain looks pretty similar, is cheap and at a store that's pretty common. Good luck! whee
Thank you for replying!! I was going to alter the bottom of the pants in the tutorial to put elastic around the bottom (like how the bottoms of sweatpants have elastic around the ankles)!

Also, I guess it was worth noting that I'd prefer the chain to not be metal, since I have metal allergies, and I don't really know which metals set it off! Thank you so much for the suggestion, though!

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
trigger police
Lady Lallo
Thank you for replying!! I was going to alter the bottom of the pants in the tutorial to put elastic around the bottom (like how the bottoms of sweatpants have elastic around the ankles)!

Also, I guess it was worth noting that I'd prefer the chain to not be metal, since I have metal allergies, and I don't really know which metals set it off! Thank you so much for the suggestion, though!

Great idea, that should work awesomely. And using plastic instead of metal might be better anyway. There's a lot of stuff available through marked down Halloween props, but I found a couple of options that seem decent. surprised
$10 for 6'
$.79 per foot but what's up the colors? Lol

Anyway hope this helped a little better. blaugh Okay I'm done now lol.

Tipsy Gaian

Lady Lallo

Great idea, that should work awesomely. And using plastic instead of metal might be better anyway. There's a lot of stuff available through marked down Halloween props, but I found a couple of options that seem decent. surprised
$10 for 6'
$.79 per foot but what's up the colors? Lol

Anyway hope this helped a little better. blaugh Okay I'm done now lol.

There's sadly only one left in stock at the "trusted store" for the first link and I would need two of them, and then on the second one's shipping is a whopping $20+! These were great suggestions, though, and I'll try to find some more things like them! Thank you so much!

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
That may just disturb the living ******** outa me seeing someone cosplay Korra from that very ******** up moment. I'm already feeling nauseous. Oh my goodness. I um, like the chains though.

Tipsy Gaian

The Goth Collector
That may just disturb the living ******** outa me seeing someone cosplay Korra from that very ******** up moment. I'm already feeling nauseous. Oh my goodness. I um, like the chains though.

it's kind of symbolic for me, in a way. i never liked korra much, but seeing her "face herself" was like a big turning point in my attitude towards her.

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
trigger police
The Goth Collector

it's kind of symbolic for me, in a way. i never liked korra much, but seeing her "face herself" was like a big turning point in my attitude towards her.
Oh my. How interesting. I do appreciate when people think in such ways. It's pretty cool. Well good luck with all that then I suppose.

Trash

19,075 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
you should look into getting all white contact lenses too
that would be awesome
and good thing u dont need to look up any fur or anything
i think u can find her sweats at like walmart or something, and bunch them up at your knees
all in all it would probably be a b***h more to find the exact color if anything

Tipsy Gaian

gomenasigh
that would be awesome
i think u can find her sweats at like walmart or something, and bunch them up at your knees
all in all it would probably be a b***h more to find the exact color if anything
yes, i'm going to definitely buy white contacts!! not complete white-outs that cover the iris, though, because i don't want to damage my eyes or get a headache. geo medical have some white contacts and geo medical is fda approved!
i think i'm just going to end up making the pants! i found perfect ones at target that were the perfect color and everything, but they were too tight and didn't have a good size

Trash

19,075 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
trigger police
gomenasigh
that would be awesome
yes, i'm going to definitely buy white contacts!! not complete white-outs that cover the iris, though, because i don't want to damage my eyes or get a headache. geo medical have some white contacts and geo medical is fda approved!
i think i'm just going to end up making the pants! i found perfect ones at target that were the perfect color and everything, but they were too tight and didn't have a good size
ahh the whiteouts would compliment it i think lol but its all your decision in the end sweatdrop
maybe you can buy felt at michaels or joanns and just sew it all
and maybe get some elastic band for the shin area and the waist

Dapper Lunatic

You might try scrubs for the pants - they're usually pretty baggy, and the cuffs are pretty easy to elasticize.
I cosplay'd as P'li for Halloween and was able to get most everything at various Goodwills, actually,and I found some scrubs that would've been perfect except for the color.
trigger police

What a highly intriguing reason for wishing to dress as this particular version of Korra. Almost like a miniature self-realization or epiphany.

For your contacts, might I suggest this site I've seen bounced around amidst residents of the 'Homestuck' and 'Walking Dead' fandoms? Their 'Dancestors' and 'Walkers' have used this mesh contact for a blind eye effect that doesn't leave them completely sightless. It does look a little strange up close, but is overall much better than those tacky display pictures would have you believe. You can even search the site according to preferred iris color.

There's also a glowing version, should you wish to obtain a more 'Avatar State' effect.

I fear I have little suggestion with the pants though. I'd offer you the address of my tailor, but I don't believe he takes commissions from America, or any country on this world for that matter. Have you thought about visiting a thrift store, such as Goodwill as Bristi so wisely suggested, and picking up a cheap pair of pants to alter? Second hand and consignment stores are a great, economical way to go for costuming supplies, and they often have items you won't find in any retail outlet. There's even a chance the might have the exact pants you want, or something reasonably close.

Premium Gaian

The Goth Collector

No....I think it would be more ******** up if it was a cosplay of her during the wheelchair scene.....

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Marshmlow1
The Goth Collector

No....I think it would be more ******** up if it was a cosplay of her during the wheelchair scene.....
Mm I don't really know what to make of that exactly but that would be sad for a number or reasons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff