Welcome to Gaia! ::

Some of you are so under a rock that most don't even know of more seasons of Korra. They don't even know about the panel that happened this year and all the development pictures they posted. I made this thread because I want to talk about two characters who were introduced and no one even seems to know who they are.

For those who don't know, Kirima and Desna are Korra's twin cousins who live in the Northern Water Tribe.

Kirima:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And Desna:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This are names made by the fandom, so they are just placeholders for now.

I would like to really discuss what you think these characters have to add to the plot and what you think will happen in the next season. I am very critical because of all the stupidity I've seen on the internet about Legend of Korra so please do not take any offense to anything I say.

Just really sick and tired of the bullshit.

Girl

Why did the fandom choose those two names, specifically? Do the names mean anything significant? They seem too unique to be simply "place holders".

I might just need to go on a name etymology website and look this up
Pokemon Grey
Why did the fandom choose those two names, specifically? Do the names mean anything significant? They seem too unique to be simply "place holders".

I know that Desna means "offering". I can't recall what Kirima means, but it's supposed to be some sort Indian name, like what the Water Tribe's names are based off of.

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
They're laid-back posture seems like they would provide good advice and wisdom to Korra. Even if they don't know it.

Girl

Silent Saffron
Pokemon Grey

I know that Desna means "offering". I can't recall what Kirima means, but it's supposed to be some sort Indian name, like what the Water Tribe's names are based off of.

The closest thing to Kirima I could find was "Karima" which is an Arabic name. Kirima might be an Indian variant of it, but Karima (which is actually just the feminine version of the name "Karim" ) means "noble" or "generous"

The website doesn't have anything even close to Desna.
noigel
They're laid-back posture seems like they would provide good advice and wisdom to Korra. Even if they don't know it.

I wouldn't call it laidback... More like just poor posture in general. I think they are meant to come off as creepy.

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Silent Saffron
noigel

I wouldn't call it laidback... More like just poor posture in general. I think they are meant to come off as creepy.

Agreed, I'm getting creepy vibes from them. They seem like more slimy versions of Mai. Every bit as dull, but just... slimy. Especially Desna.
I'm...entertained by how "Kirima's" hand comes out of her sleeve.

However, I love the two. emotion_kirakira even if I know nothing. iirc, there's also a picture of their emotions/faces...my eyes were always drawn to the one that seemed to be screaming.

Mega Fatcat

SEE THOSE WIZARD CLOAKS?!?! THEY R WIZARDS!

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
They look like freaking creepers.

Lonely Prophet

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Silent Saffron

That's exactly what I thought! They look like they're going to ask me to join their dark magic club or something eek

Maybe it's a comment on today's youth.

I feel like one or both of them is/are going to sound like Cricket Leigh (the voice of Mai from AtLA).

Edit: Just looking again... They don't have very water tribe-y hairstyles for two water nation chicks...
Perturbed Panda
Silent Saffron

That's exactly what I thought! They look like they're going to ask me to join their dark magic club or something eek

I feel like one or both of them is/are going to sound like Cricket Leigh (the voice of Mai from AtLA).

Edit: Just looking again... They don't have very water tribe-y hairstyles for two water nation chicks...

Despite the feminine name, Desna is a boy.

And also they do not "look like ******** creepers". I find that very rude.

I've also heard they are royalty of the Northern Water Tribe and that Desna's name is confirmed.
Silent Saffron
Perturbed Panda
Silent Saffron

I've also heard they are royalty of the Northern Water Tribe and that Desna's name is confirmed.

They're...fraternal twins, then? I'm assuming Kirima is a girl.
xAliceJae
Silent Saffron
Perturbed Panda
Silent Saffron

They're...fraternal twins, then? I'm assuming Kirima is a girl.

I would think they are identical. And Kirima is a girl. Actually, one of the most popular ships with Kirima right now is with Bolin. It's called Bolirima. I ship it. It's in my sig.
Silent Saffron
I would think they are identical. And Kirima is a girl. Actually, one of the most popular ships with Kirima right now is with Bolin. It's called Bolirima. I ship it. It's in my sig.

Fraternal twins (at least in um, our world. maybe not the avatar world.) are the only type that can be female/male, just because identical twins come from the same...egg...thing. I forgot the rest of the science~y terms. <_<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff