Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lupine Cub

15,100 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
GhostlyMark
Its Contagious
I don't think he actually took away the guys bending.
When aang took away the fire lords bending, he touched him in two different places, while amon only touched one spot. : o

its been 70 years and the generation has gotten stronger. In that world it seems that metal bending is a norm

But still, I don't think that it could evolve like that. It's Energybending.
I feel like he's actually just blocking chakra.

Amon touches the yin tang point aka the Ajna chakra:

Yintang Acupuncture Point

Location: Midway between the medial ends of the eyebrows Actions& Effects: •Calms the spirit - insomnia, anxiety, stress.
•Frontal headache.
•Sinus issues - congestion, sinusitis.

When Uncle is teaching Zuko about lightning, he talks about bending needing a certain amount of inner calm. So, if you were to close that chakra and lock all the anxiety inside someone, making them incapable of being calm, that would effectively take someone’s bending away.

Quite clever actually, since the more terrified they are/become the more permanent this block will be. And Amon is sure laying it on thick.
Niran Silving
I thought he was gonna be like Zuko's son or something O.O
I was way off xd
Zuko has a daughter though <3

Invisible Humorist

Its Contagious
GhostlyMark
Its Contagious
When aang took away the fire lords bending, he touched him in two different places, while amon only touched one spot. : o

its been 70 years and the generation has gotten stronger. In that world it seems that metal bending is a norm

Location: Midway between the medial ends of the eyebrows Actions& Effects: •Calms the spirit - insomnia, anxiety, stress.
•Frontal headache.

When Uncle is teaching Zuko about lightning, he talks about bending needing a certain amount of inner calm. So, if you were to close that chakra and lock all the anxiety inside someone, making them incapable of being calm, that would effectively take someone’s bending away.

Quite clever actually, since the more terrified they are/become the more permanent this block will be. And Amon is sure laying it on thick.

hmm well the show JUST started and its safe to be skeptical about it. For now, we can just call his bluff or just believed that "the gods gave him the gift" or whatever he claimed.

Lupine Cub

15,100 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
GhostlyMark
Its Contagious
GhostlyMark
Its Contagious

•Frontal headache.

hmm well the show JUST started and its safe to be skeptical about it. For now, we can just call his bluff or just believed that "the gods gave him the gift" or whatever he claimed.

I just think he's honestly faking taking away they're bending and is winging it in causing fear amongst others.
But yeah, we have to wait and find out.

Invisible Humorist

Melancholy Wish
GhostlyMark
Melancholy Wish
The Creator anon
I think that's because it was rather surprising that anyone other than the Avatar, as Aang had shown, could take away bending. But, good job I think... o_o
The Lion turtle said it was a lost art D: Not only the avatar could do it.

that's the point
Amon wasnt that old to be around the time where it was known
Still, people act like lost things can't be found and threw my theory away.

well i don't blame them
the show just started and maybe they might tell why its a lost art to begin with. and that can somehow answer your theory i guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff