Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Haha sounds crazy but I've been thinking of this lately...
If an Earthbender can heat up earth enough to where it can become lava and bend lava, then perhaps an Earth/Sandbender can do the same with sand and heat it enough to where it becomes glass.

That would be a seriously tripped out ability to have. There's already Waterbending to where it can be Icebending and you can throw ice shards at someone or something to tear it up but think of how much worse glass might be. Ice will eventually melt but glass, eehh it'd be worse to get hit with that.

I'm also pondering what other possible extensions of bending there could be that hasn't been mentioned... any ideas?

Ah right, another thing that can be done with any element is flight. You can fly by using any element.

Wintry Dragon

Earth benders living in glass houses shouldn't bend.

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Another neat one that was done was when Aang made dry ice. That's an interesting extension of Airbending. lol
What if it rained, what if there was a rainstorm, and then was a waterbender and maybe a master at it, he/she could've just froze all the water droplets and turned everything into ice.

Baaaack to the ice age.

So OP'd.
Jk im js.

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Okay Shut Up
What if it rained, what if there was a rainstorm, and then was a waterbender and maybe a master at it, he/she could've just froze all the water droplets and turned everything into ice.

Baaaack to the ice age.

So OP'd.
Jk im js.
That's actually a pretty neat idea. Perhaps it could be something like when Katara controlled the rain and turned it into ice. Well when bending the elements there are unlimited possibilities. razz

Dedicated Hunter

I reckon glass bending would be plausible but you'd probably have to be a sandbender to be able to bend it. It would be really interesting if they incorporate it at some time, I love how they keep coming up with new subdivisions of bending

Aurora Jolie's Senpai

Original Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Trave sama
I reckon glass bending would be plausible but you'd probably have to be a sandbender to be able to bend it. It would be really interesting if they incorporate it at some time, I love how they keep coming up with new subdivisions of bending

That's what I was thinking. Glass bending would probably be more rare than lava as a subdivision of a subdivision.

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
GreenTigerr
Trave sama

That's what I was thinking. Glass bending would probably be more rare than lava as a subdivision of a subdivision.
Ahhh that sounds so cool. I'd love to see it for sure. That being said makes me think.. hmm subdivisions of subdivisions, or extensions is what I've been calling them but it only makes me ponder the notion that the abilities of elemental bending are limitless. biggrin

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
The Goth Collector
If an Earthbender can heat up earth enough to where it can become lava and bend lava, then perhaps an Earth/Sandbender can do the same with sand and heat it enough to where it becomes glass.

That would be a seriously tripped out ability to have. There's already Waterbending to where it can be Icebending and you can throw ice shards at someone or something to tear it up but think of how much worse glass might be. Ice will eventually melt but glass, eehh it'd be worse to get hit with that.

I'm also pondering what other possible extensions of bending there could be that hasn't been mentioned... any ideas?

Ah right, another thing that can be done with any element is flight. You can fly by using any element.
well I been thinking about this topic you have being posted. Is it possible to put the glass in the fire, so you could bend. I see that someone I knew does stain glass but he died at age 61 at 2008 sad . If you bend the glass, what I think you might used the torch. If you haven't done that before I think it's safer for one of the experts could do it for you. I've thought this advice might be helpful for you. Well perhaps you know that I'm opened minded. Well if you want to do it. Go for it girl, if you find the talent used it for the skill. smile

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Moonlight-rider93
The Goth Collector

well I been thinking about this topic you have being posted. Is it possible to put the glass in the fire, so you could bend. I see that someone I knew does stain glass but he died at age 61 at 2008 sad . If you bend the glass, what I think you might used the torch. If you haven't done that before I think it's safer for one of the experts could do it for you. I've thought this advice might be helpful for you. Well perhaps you know that I'm opened minded. Well if you want to do it. Go for it girl, if you find the talent used it for the skill. smile
Um I wasn't talking about doing this myself. Er this is a topic for the series Legend of Korra which is a show about people that bend or control the 4 elements, earth, air, fire, and water. This topic is about bending extensions. Check out this subforum more and or my other posts or even my journal entries.

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
The Goth Collector
Moonlight-rider93
The Goth Collector

Um I wasn't talking about doing this myself. Er this is a topic for the series Legend of Korra which is a show about people that bend or control the 4 elements, earth, air, fire, and water. This topic is about bending extensions. Check out this subforum more and or my other posts or even my journal entries.
oh like elements that's awesome smile

Invisible Humorist

Do you think that sand benders would be able to sense the sand in the glass?

That's why metal bending was so hard for earth benders during ATLA..in metal, there was little specks of impurified rock...so Toph found some eventually and used it to bend metal...i don't think the same works for glass

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
GhostlyMark

That's why metal bending was so hard for earth benders during ATLA..in metal, there was little specks of impurified rock...so Toph found some eventually and used it to bend metal...i don't think the same works for glass
Sure perhaps that'd be another way to bend glass but what I said in my OP was how Sandbeners could create glass by heating the sand enough to where it would melt into glass, like the same way for Lavabending.

Invisible Humorist

The Goth Collector
GhostlyMark

Sure perhaps that'd be another way to bend glass but what I said in my OP was how Sandbeners could create glass by heating the sand enough to where it would melt into glass, like the same way for Lavabending.

oh man now i'm confused to how earthbenders can heat up their own element

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces