Welcome to Gaia! ::

Note to those who haven't watched the final few episodes:
Do not proceed in the thread, I warned you.

The final episodes got darker for once.

gaia_spoons Totally knew Bolin was gonna do lavabending, the early episodes hinted on this too much.

gaia_spoons Funny how only on this episode someone electrocuted a waterbender ; why didn't Mako just did it in the first place gdi. lols
Someone's head getting blown inside a metal container ; kinda sad for the lady tbh. xD
Was also sad to see Ghazan went full on suicidal, bringing the roof down and all, he was kinda my favourite character among the Red Lotus.

gaia_spoons And did Korra just went full retard after the poison got into her, it's like I was watching The Grudge. She kinda went high on the poison too tbh, seeing Vaatu and s**t.

gaia_spoons So now we know some airbending techniques, flight and a big tornado/hurricane or whatever that was.
Can we see the flightless again in the future? Would love to see an avatar going all out superman flying around saving the day.

gaia_spoons Bald Jinora looks like Aang xD

And in the final scene, why do I have this really weird feeling that Korra might not make it through?

Edit:
So did anyone notice that weird long stare by Kuvira when Tonraq thanked her? I just have this wildly idea that might actually make me feel like she's a Red Lotus. And to top that off, Zaheer's not dead, at least not shown to be dead or receiving any death sentence before the show ended.

What about Suyin? Maybe she's on the boat too, I know she killed combustion girl and saved the day too, but what if it's just for show? What if it's just to gain trust between them?

Edit2:
Aiwei might still be alive although stuck in the spirit world, next book might have him be saved and reveal other intentions of the Red Lotus, or not.

Conservative Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Bolin was the dark horse of these last two episodes; He did more Earthbending in general here than almost the entire season combined.

One of my close friends predicted that the reason Mako hadn't used lightning bending until just then was because they needed an excuse to keep Ming Hua alive. She was right.

I hated everything about P'Li's death. It just seemed so... unnecessary. You could have just as easily had some Bolin time and hit her in the head, then disabled her combustion bending. It seems like they killed her off for the sake of killing her off... And to give Zaheer an eleventh-hour superpower that he didn't really need, since we've seen airbenders capable of generating whirlwinds beneath them and floating to safety.

Zaheer took the creative fall here. "All that potential... squandered." - Kessler, Infamous.
Dio Exodus
Bolin was the dark horse of these last two episodes; He did more Earthbending in general here than almost the entire season combined.

One of my close friends predicted that the reason Mako hadn't used lightning bending until just then was because they needed an excuse to keep Ming Hua alive. She was right.

I hated everything about P'Li's death. It just seemed so... unnecessary. You could have just as easily had some Bolin time and hit her in the head, then disabled her combustion bending. It seems like they killed her off for the sake of killing her off... And to give Zaheer an eleventh-hour superpower that he didn't really need, since we've seen airbenders capable of generating whirlwinds beneath them and floating to safety.

Zaheer took the creative fall here. "All that potential... squandered." - Kessler, Infamous.

Yeah I have to agree, Bolin for the first time actually nailed it. And I do think they're just trying to keep the show going by keeping the villains alive until the end when they could've probably been killed earlier.

And I think that quote is actually from Fight Club. sweatdrop But then again I never watched it nor played inFamous. xD

Predestined Hoarder

But Zaheer was going to learn flight, it had been hinted since the first episode. It was kind of nice that they showed the reason he was unable to do it before.

So many deaths! Normally avatar episodes are very peaceful, just remove bending and send to jail.

I was surprised Korra didn't remove Zaheer's bending at the end but then again, he was already a criminal mastermind before he could airbend.

Korra looked very sick at the end and I could of wondered if she would be stuck in a wheelchair. But then again, there is a season four coming and I don't think they would keep her in the wheelchair for that.

Why was Jinora completely bald? Don't female airbenders keep their hair on the back of their heads? Was it just so she could get the tattoo?

Predestined Hoarder

Okay Shut Up

gaia_spoons Totally knew Bolin was gonna do lavabending, the early episodes hinted on this too much.

gaia_spoons Funny how only on this episode someone electrocuted a waterbender ; why didn't Mako just did it in the first place gdi. lols
Someone's head getting blown inside a metal container ; kinda sad for the lady tbh. xD
Was also sad to see Ghazan went full on suicidal, bringing the roof down and all, he was kinda my favourite character among the Red Lotus.

gaia_spoons And did Korra just went full retard after the poison got into her, it's like I was watching The Grudge. She kinda went high on the poison too tbh, seeing Vaatu and s**t.

gaia_spoons So now we know some airbending techniques, flightless and a big tornado/hurricane or whatever that was.
Can we see the flightless again in the future? Would love to see an avatar going all out superman flying around saving the day.

And in the final scene, why do I have this really weird feeling that Korra might not make it through?

I like that they changed the way to deal with a combustion person in this episode, the attack was from her back, so that was kind of a neat solution (with probably bloody results)
dreamish
Okay Shut Up

gaia_spoons So now we know some airbending techniques, flightless and a big tornado/hurricane or whatever that was.

I like that they changed the way to deal with a combustion person in this episode, the attack was from her back, so that was kind of a neat solution (with probably bloody results)

Yeah, it was actually called for that Zaheer will learn to do it, and at least they showed that it wasn't impossible.

I kinda liked the last few episodes tbh, no energy bending and all, just pure massacre. <3

We probably won't be seeing another combustion bender anytime soon so yeah, just gonna put that trick in the list of "how to kill an combustion bender". xD

And yeah, I think the female airbenders needed to be bald so they can have the tattoo all the way from the back to front, hair will eventually grow too, like Aang's did.

Conversationalist

I got the the 2 weeks-Korra-in-wheelchair covered. I was reading down at reddit specifically on someone writing down about Minamata disease. A disease about heavy poisoning of mercury. I think or at least some of us think the poison was actual mercury because they're no other metal exist in liquid form at room temperature. So what exactly Minamata disease symptoms?

ataxia
extremities numbness
vision problems
muscle weaknesses
damaged hearing and speech

Whoah look at what our girl had been enduring. Sounds fitting Korra isn't it? Some may even said the impact of she using her feet crouching to break her falls might shattered some few bits of her bones, I'd agree myself. Since I'm a pharmacy students the administration of the poison was legit since it's the fastest way getting into the bloodstreams. What seemed really illogical (sorry for putting logic inside animations) was Suyin extracting the poison. Imagine that, all of the mercury atoms inside of her cells are being pulled simultaneous and instantly, wouldn't that could "injury" the cells? Excluding the central nervous system since they're picky on things entering the system.

I just hope she really became paralyzed yet she achieved that levitation thing and became like the paralyzed horse in bravest warriors.
Horalle Sachs
I got the the 2 weeks-Korra-in-wheelchair covered. I was reading down at reddit specifically on someone writing down about Minamata disease. A disease about heavy poisoning of mercury. I think or at least some of us think the poison was actual mercury because they're no other metal exist in liquid form at room temperature. So what exactly Minamata disease symptoms?

ataxia
extremities numbness
vision problems
muscle weaknesses
damaged hearing and speech

Whoah look at what our girl had been enduring. Sounds fitting Korra isn't it? Some may even said the impact of she using her feet crouching to break her falls might shattered some few bits of her bones, I'd agree myself. Since I'm a pharmacy students the administration of the poison was legit since it's the fastest way getting into the bloodstreams. What seemed really illogical (sorry for putting logic inside animations) was Suyin extracting the poison. Imagine that, all of the mercury atoms inside of her cells are being pulled simultaneous and instantly, wouldn't that could "injury" the cells? Excluding the central nervous system since they're picky on things entering the system.

I just hope she really became paralyzed yet she achieved that levitation thing and became like the paralyzed horse in bravest warriors.

Whoa, I figured that the poison liquid thing was actually mercury since Suyin can metalbend it but I never thought that she actually got a disease from it, I only thought that she might be worn out or something from the Avatar state + the poison.
It seems convincing now that you mention it, we might actually see a crippled Avatar for the first time then if this continues.

And yeah, since it's still supposedly to be a "kids" show, I guess they're just putting logic aside and trying to keep the Avatar alive cause there's a season 4 anyway, what's an Avatar show without it's Avatar right?
Sigh...I liked so little. The plot they've set up for season 4 just doesn't sit well with me.

Making korra either:
a) handicapped
or
b) insanely depressed just doesn't make me like whats coming next season even if it (will?) focus on the airbenders taking the place of korra until she's ready to get over her s**t (probably toward the exact very end of s4...predictable)

Just seems a little too mellodramatic.

Those meltdowns (mentally and physically)?

That "shocking" finish?

R.I.P'li?

And is that a rude a** "subtle" spinoff they just started? Oh my God.
DrunkBlackDocta
Sigh...I liked so little. The plot they've set up for season 4 just doesn't sit well with me.

Making korra either:
a) handicapped
or
b) insanely depressed just doesn't make me like whats coming next season even if it (will?) focus on the airbenders taking the place of korra until she's ready to get over her s**t (probably toward the exact very end of s4...predictable)

Just seems a little too mellodramatic.

Those meltdowns (mentally and physically)?

That "shocking" finish?

R.I.P'li?

And is that a rude a** "subtle" spinoff they just started? Oh my God.

I know right? Check on my first post, I added an edit part, really got me thinking.

I hope that if she's gonna be handicapped, at least let her learn how to fly. xD
Dio Exodus

Sigh Zaheer...
Okay Shut Up
Note to those who haven't watched the final few episodes:
Do not proceed in the thread, I warned you.

gaia_spoons So now we know some airbending techniques, flight and a big tornado/hurricane or whatever that was.

Edit:
So did anyone notice that weird long stare by Kuvira when Tonraq thanked her? I just have this wildly idea that might actually make me feel like she's a Red Lotus. And to top that off, Zaheer's not dead, at least not shown to be dead or receiving any death sentence before the show ended.

What about Suyin? Maybe she's on the boat too, I know she killed combustion girl and saved the day too, but what if it's just for show? What if it's just to gain trust between them?

Yeah they just took everything over the top.
Making the Red Lotus insane radical was not necessary, bad direction. Heave! Ho!...back in the other direction!

Why did they go on a killing spree with such badass characters?
Sigh

Dapper Sex Symbol

I believe the writers did a fantastic job in showing the internal struggle Korra is currently going through. By experiencing the poison hallucinations and the air benders taking her place while she heals, Korra realizes the world does not need an avatar anymore, and that she did a crap job at being the avatar, which is why she cries at the end.

Quotable Explorer

5,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The main things I took away from this were:

- Definitely saw Zaheer getting to fly coming, that's been hinted the entire season, don't really see why people think it was 'forced'. I also, to a lesser degree saw Bolin learning a new bending coming, just not lava. This might open the door to other new types of bending like soundbending, etc.

- I was fine with every death that happened. P'li was a good character and I was like, "damn... that just happened..." but hey Suyin had to do something to stop her. Ming'hua may not have even died from the lightning strike. To me it looked like she was knocked out instead. And while Ghazan did go suicidal at the end, no body was shown, PLUS he's an earthbender so he could have dug himself a hole or something, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back alongside Ming'hua.

- Zaheer was my one of my favorite characters this entire season until the finale. He kinda went crazy at the end but this might also be his true colors. At the end I just wanted him dead. Also I don't see how they will keep him locked up. Zaheer will most likely be back, but doesn't really feel that threatening anymore.

- I cannot except bald Jinora. It isn't show breaking or anything I just don't like it. I pray that she is only going to do it so that she could get her tattoos then let her hair grow out over them.

- The battles however were completely badass, although the one thing that bothered me was the avatar state. This may be because Korra was poisoned but it seemed very weak to me. Hell. she just seemed like a really strong bender to me, not the avatar. But I won't put too much into it because quite simply she was poisoned.

- A lot of people seem to have a problem with the number of deaths in this but quite frankly, I enjoyed it. We didn't see too many deaths in ATLA somehow, despite the fact that they were in a huge bloody WAR. I like it when shows balance killing and being funny, light and jokey. I also in turn do not find the show being 'safe'. Although I also don't really understand what people are referring to when they say that. If they mean that no good guys died I mean yeah I guess so but only one or two people were in a position to die the whole time. Unless Bolin saving the group from the lava was counts, but then I KNOW people be complaining out the a** if that happened. Was it the plot and how they won? Because to me if looked like they suffered heavy damage. (Korra wheelchair bounded, the Red Lotus still active with potential dozens of members)

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Vaginal Destroyer
I believe the writers did a fantastic job in showing the internal struggle Korra is currently going through. By experiencing the poison hallucinations and the air benders taking her place while she heals, Korra realizes the world does not need an avatar anymore, and that she did a crap job at being the avatar, which is why she cries at the end.

I agree, and it makes sense because every villain Korra has encountered, though each having their own motivations, all seem to agree on the same thing: the world doesn't need the avatar anymore. The avatar is an outmoded relic from the past, and this modernized world is evolving at a rapid pace. Korra can't keep up with it as the avatar anymore. The world is too big and too complicated for the avatar to maintain balance alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff