Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

No but scary Korra theories anybody?

Personally, I wonder if it has to do with her absorbing Vaatuu in season 2. Now she has a connection to Rava, but in 10,000 Vaatuu is gunna come rippin out of her and maybe he's ******** with her now.

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I think it probably has more to do with the most recent events. She can't get in touch with Raava, so I think maybe it's Raava trying to reach out to her. Maybe Raava was hurt in some way during that fight with Zaheer? Who knows. But I wanna know what the heck Toph knows about it! xD Anyway, doppelganger Korra is definitely leading her for some reason.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Lady Lallo
I think it probably has more to do with the most recent events. She can't get in touch with Raava, so I think maybe it's Raava trying to reach out to her. Maybe Raava was hurt in some way during that fight with Zaheer? Who knows. But I wanna know what the heck Toph knows about it! xD Anyway, doppelganger Korra is definitely leading her for some reason.

Doppleganger Korra creeps the s**t out of me. Like seriously I can't watch that episode in the dark. sweatdrop

Fallen Egg

I thought he is already ******** with her already.. well at least thats what i think. you know that other korra? it could be vaatu but a weaker version. ooorrr it might be raava being angry at korra or something. or its just korra fighting her avatar spirit. it's hard to describe. the show has so many deeper insights.

DropDeadSweetHeart06's Significant Otter

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Clambake 200
I think you guys are overcomplicating what Korra's visions of her other self mean. I don't see anything that hints to it being Ravaa, and especially not Vaatu considering she trapped him in the Tree of Time, not her own body. I think we're seeing her fear and anxiety. Other Korra is a projection of everything that's preventing her from entering the Avatar state and completing her recovery. The vision being one of herself, as opposed to Zaheer, Amon, Unalaq, or Vaatu, I believe is meant to show that she's afraid of losing control, even if she won't admit it. After all, the image of her we're given is from a point where she did exactly that. She was forced into the Avatar state, broke free of her bindings, and very nearly proceeded to go God of War all over Zaheer's face. She wasn't herself in those moments, as evidenced by the fact that she started fighting back against being stuck in that state near the end of her fight with Zaheer, and I think she fears losing control like that so much that it's hindering her recovery.

9,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
Verne the Vaudevillian
I think you guys are overcomplicating what Korra's visions of her other self mean. I don't see anything that hints to it being Ravaa, and especially not Vaatu considering she trapped him in the Tree of Time, not her own body. I think we're seeing her fear and anxiety. Other Korra is a projection of everything that's preventing her from entering the Avatar state and completing her recovery. The vision being one of herself, as opposed to Zaheer, Amon, Unalaq, or Vaatu, I believe is meant to show that she's afraid of losing control, even if she won't admit it. After all, the image of her we're given is from a point where she did exactly that. She was forced into the Avatar state, broke free of her bindings, and very nearly proceeded to go God of War all over Zaheer's face. She wasn't herself in those moments, as evidenced by the fact that she started fighting back against being stuck in that state near the end of her fight with Zaheer, and I think she fears losing control like that so much that it's hindering her recovery.

Vaatu is most certainly not trapped in the tree of time. Otherwise Korra meditating in the tree for a second time would make absolutely no sense.
Vaatu was defeated entirely.
And as was stated in the season finale of the 2nd season..and earlier if I recall. There can be no light w/o dark and dark would just grow from the light eventually.
DrunkBlackDocta
Verne the Vaudevillian

Vaatu is most certainly not trapped in the tree of time. Otherwise Korra meditating in the tree for a second time would make absolutely no sense.
Vaatu was defeated entirely.
And as was stated in the season finale of the 2nd season..and earlier if I recall. There can be no light w/o dark and dark would just grow from the light eventually.

I thought the whole point of balance was that neither Ravaa nor Vaatu should be completely eliminated. But I haven't seen those eps in a while.
So far not coming up with anything. Just taking it as it goes.

I AM curious how they are going to pull of Kuvira. Because the last 3 male villains have been very neat. Hope she won't just be hype,and lame as heck.

Retro Punk

Robotic Chibi-tan
User Image

Personally, I wonder if it has to do with her absorbing Vaatuu in season 2. Now she has a connection to Rava, but in 10,000 Vaatuu is gunna come rippin out of her and maybe he's ******** with her now.

I think the "scary Korra" is Korra's psychological manifestation of her fears . Remember , that in the Avatar state she isn't quite in control of herself AND it is the only time when the Avatar linage can be killed. Basically if she were to die then , there would be no reincarnation . She would just Die. But, it might just be her fear of Dieing without any control. And not just dieing period.

Maybe she is scared of herself? Or the her Avatar State self. Maybe Raava is not with her anymore? (If that's true , then she shouldn't be able to change into Avatar State). AND if Raava is not with her. Then she is in the spirit world keeping Vaatu in check. ( restoring balance)

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Guin - Aoiichi
Robotic Chibi-tan
User Image

I think the "scary Korra" is Korra's psychological manifestation of her fears . Remember , that in the Avatar state she isn't quite in control of herself AND it is the only time when the Avatar linage can be killed. Basically if she were to die then , there would be no reincarnation . She would just Die. But, it might just be her fear of Dieing without any control. And not just dieing period.

Maybe she is scared of herself? Or the her Avatar State self. Maybe Raava is not with her anymore? (If that's true , then she shouldn't be able to change into Avatar State). AND if Raava is not with her. Then she is in the spirit world keeping Vaatu in check. ( restoring balance)

I thought they explicitly said she rejoined with Raava in season 2. And from the episodes with Wan, Raava explained that light could not exist without darkness, and that if one destroyed the other, than in a thousand years, the loser would slowly grow within the other and burst out to fight at the next harmonic convergence, which is why Korra ripped Raava out of Vaatu's chest in their big fight. I forgot where I was going with this.... Crap

Retro Punk

Robotic Chibi-tan
Guin - Aoiichi
Robotic Chibi-tan
User Image

I thought they explicitly said she rejoined with Raava in season 2. And from the episodes with Wan, Raava explained that light could not exist without darkness, and that if one destroyed the other, than in a thousand years, the loser would slowly grow within the other and burst out to fight at the next harmonic convergence, which is why Korra ripped Raava out of Vaatu's chest in their big fight. I forgot where I was going with this.... Crap

Yes in season two. But remember in season four , when she is inside the tree of time , the spirits can not sense any "Raava energy" in her. So what i am suggesting is that Raava's "mission" is over. Vaatu was defeated therefore she can go back to the spirit world. But then you might say "what about season three?" And i'd say yes Raava was still with her up untill when Opal's mother removed the poison. Then maybe somewhere in Korra's mind/inner spirit . Raava and Korra parted ways? I mean Raava no longer needs to stay with her. Now im not saying Raava wanted to leave. But maybe Korra's fear of the avatar state made Raava leave? This is just me guessing. Remember that is Raava's power that initiates/maintains the avatar state. And that time Korra has no control. I think i can understand where Korra's fears are coming from. She looses control of her own body and is the closest she has ever been to death.

Dapper Dabbler

Guin - Aoiichi
Yes in season two. But remember in season four , when she is inside the tree of time , the spirits can not sense any "Raava energy" in her. So what i am suggesting is that Raava's "mission" is over. Vaatu was defeated therefore she can go back to the spirit world. But then you might say "what about season three?" And i'd say yes Raava was still with her up untill when Opal's mother removed the poison. Then maybe somewhere in Korra's mind/inner spirit . Raava and Korra parted ways? I mean Raava no longer needs to stay with her. Now im not saying Raava wanted to leave. But maybe Korra's fear of the avatar state made Raava leave? This is just me guessing. Remember that is Raava's power that initiates/maintains the avatar state. And that time Korra has no control. I think i can understand where Korra's fears are coming from. She looses control of her own body and is the closest she has ever been to death.

Just going to pop in with my two cents here real quick:

The fact that the spirits can't sense her Raava energy is due to the fact that she is spiritually and mentally divided; the trauma she suffered after being forced into the avatar state and nearly killed forced her into a defensive position. She is afraid of that part of herself, because being the avatar, something she eagerly embraced at the beginning of the series, has suddenly become terrifying. She was faced with the enormous weight of almost becoming the last avatar, which is a failure to the entire world, for the rest of forever. She lost control and could not do anything about going into the avatar state, so now she is terrified of the avatar part of herself. Just like Toph said, part of her would rather just be unwell so she can hide from the world and not face the horror she had to deal with as the avatar with Zaheer. She is afraid of facing that part of herself. Raava is still there, but Korra has that entire side of her blocked off, and her fear is why it is confronting her so violently. Plus she was never super spiritual to begin with, she had only just begun to come to terms with the spiritual side of herself and the avatar state, only to be put in a position where its used against her, so it makes sense that she's so afraid of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff