Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Bunny

So from what I'm gathering, The Earth Kingdom is allowing a gencide.. The reeducation camps...
Fire benders & water benders being capture.. The "Great" Kuvira isn't so great..
A blo-logy sprite weapon.. Ugh the grey Earth Kingdom flag. Yikes.

Does it sound like this is a Ww2 ?

Do you agree or disgree?
Let me know below!
I hope Toph comes back again!
I'd say it's similar to World War II.
I instantly linked the spirit vines to the atomic bomb (oh god pls no use it in that way) when I noticed how upset Varrick seemed about it. iirc, the creator of the atomic bomb was upset too that his genius was used for horrible things.

Super Noob

12,790 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Timid 100
I would definitely agree! I also believe that the original series has quite a few connections to previous wars in history. I like to think that the period of time between the two series would be more or less like WWI. This also overlaps into the third season of LoK. Looking at the previous Queen of the Earth Kingdom, you see that there are issues with class. This is very similar to La Belle Epoque, known for a huge separation in classes especially in France and in a vast majority of Europe. There was basically no in between. There was the dirty poor (outer ring) and the filthy rich (inner ring). The upper class would argue that La Belle Epoque was a time of glamour and glory, style and success. But the lower class would tell you that there was a lot of starvation and disease, essentially like the Great Depression aside from the value of money decreasing.

Sorry, I'm a big history buff. I see a lot of parallels between World History and the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff