Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Reveler

11,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
*This is all just my own opinion so there's no need to get nasty if you don't agree*

I just can't help but be disappointed. It really gets to me that they keep playing around these stupid love quarrels. With all the time they spend focusing on the love side of things, they could've given us more on what happened with Aang and that and how things got to be the way they are. I understand the whole point is to focus on the new Avatar and her journey but it's not much of a journey if all we're seeing is them having stupid relationship fights. At least they kept Aang's romance spread out over the series rather than clumped in all at once, taking away from the main story line. IMO they've made Korra out to be way too gullible and in some ways a bit bitchy and it pisses me off because I like her character very much but they keep making her snap at Mako making her come across as a real b***h. I myself HATE the pairing Makorra but I would be more accepting of the couple if they just focused more on the storyline! I just want to know what the hell is going on with these spirits before they do what they did in book 1 and solve everything in the last episode with a quick fix like suddenly being able to talk to Anng and him showing her how to restore peoples bending. ..Wtf? It's like they ran out of episode time and were just like "hm what's the quickest way to end this?"
Ah well.
Any reasons why you like/dislike Book 2?
I was hoping for them to improve my problems with season one and so far they have not. I don't dislike season two and it's too early to say if it's going to get better or not but so far is suffers from the same problems season one had. Rushed pacing, uninteresting main characters with the more interesting characters being reduced to supporting roles and poor romance.

It's not the season that's the problem it's the show itself it had a chance to fix the problems and failed to do so.
Right now, it seems okay. It doesn't seem to shove romance in like episode 4 and on did with book 1 of LOK and there seems to be a lot of action going on, and a lot of story going on. The most we've seen of the Makorra couple is him talking about his job and a bit how they where acting at the festable. They where short and don't seem in your face or odd.

I do agree though, that Korra was acting like a horrible person (and with realms that the main characters don't seem interesting/likeable). Last episode kinda helped her out a bit, so hopefully they'll develop her this time and keep what she learned this season and have it in the next.

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
Pretty much agree with you. Glad I'm not the only one. I still haven't seen episode three cuz I fell asleep and figured my dvr would record it anyway. Idk if I expected much with how they ended last season (as you mentioned, rushed and fitting in stuff at the last second). Even if they didn't plan on making two seasons they should have done it anyway and spread season 1 of Korra over to another season or at least have season one end without such a cookiecutter ending.

I think, like with anybody, they let the fame go to their heads and think they can make anything and their fans will be happy. :/

How they killed Amon was just criminal; he was a good character...

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I enjoy it. They're not repeating themselves, but neither are they ignoring things. My only gripe is Korra doesn't seem like she's changed much, but given we're, what, three episodes in, she's got time.

The whole thing has time, actually. They've set up a lot of interesting things that could go literally anywhere still.

Sparkling Mage

It's only 3 episodes in. o.O

Just give it time, maybe you'll like it.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
So far, I have had the same issues with this season as I did with the previous one, and it wasn't the romance.

There's too many characters, too many narratives, too many explanations, too many fast cuts and jarringly fast things going on. Characters don't get chance to allow themselves to develop and show more of them to actually get a good feel for them, and the story is trying to be too big and grand forcing it to shove fatty twists that mean nothing thanks to no set up.

They haven't fixed any of that at all, it makes each episode bloated in a bad way.

I also don't like how the Equalists was 'solved' in a heart beat. I know they wanted to change narratives (to this obvious 'religion vs change' fumbling junk) but it just felt like they tried to sweep the first season under the rug when they could have tied this all in smoother.

I want to like Korra so much but it's still feeling like a fanfic.

Greedy Capitalist

Kinda wanna see Korra kill somebody.

Bashful Reveler

11,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
Klaark
I enjoy it. They're not repeating themselves, but neither are they ignoring things. My only gripe is Korra doesn't seem like she's changed much, but given we're, what, three episodes in, she's got time.

The whole thing has time, actually. They've set up a lot of interesting things that could go literally anywhere still.

But with the way book 1 went they won't use that time. They'll probably save it till the last second like with book 1 and the way everything was solved just like that.
Omikuji

I also don't like how the Equalists was 'solved' in a heart beat. I know they wanted to change narratives (to this obvious 'religion vs change' fumbling junk) but it just felt like they tried to sweep the first season under the rug when they could have tied this all in smoother.

It's like the first season didn't even happen. Okay so the big bad is dead, what happened to everyone else? They all died? Oh well. TIME FOR THE NEW PLOT!

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
hoeses
Omikuji

It's like the first season didn't even happen. Okay so the big bad is dead, what happened to everyone else? They all died? Oh well. TIME FOR THE NEW PLOT!

Oh seriously, they must have known how poorly they handled the story thus quickly fled from it. The idea that the Equalists completely disbanded after Amons reveal would be a childish way of looking at it. There's still that issue with the non benders still -very- present and nothing would have changed because of his toppeling.

Which in itself was stupid, a man that charismatic and smart running away from people when he's found out a water bender without even attempting bending it (hurrpun) to his side is sloppy. I figured he would have landed in front of them and started a talk about how he, a water bender, wants the nonbenders to be on the same ground as the benders. He was using his bending to help them gain ground on the issues. He never came off as power hungry as many of the villains, but rather showing a really serious issue the world of Avatar has.

It's really bad when the villain had more grounds on what they stood for over the avatar.

The issue is still there. Another Amon would take it's place, after all he was just the idea vocalized.

But NOOOPE, lets go to the spirits and water bender war, caused by a power hungry religious zealot. Everything changed when the Northern Water Nation attacked after all.

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Barbie_Gave_Me_Aids
Klaark

But with the way book 1 went they won't use that time. They'll probably save it till the last second like with book 1 and the way everything was solved just like that.

Guess we'll just have to and see, won't we!?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm actually liking this more than Book 1.

I'm just hoping Korra can finally grow the ******** up.

Beloved Bunny

4,800 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Citizen 200
I was a little disappointed in the first couple episodes, but now I'm really loving Book 2. However sometimes I feel it's far too rushed in certain areas and doesn't flow as nicely as it should.

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Omikuji
hoeses
Omikuji

Oh seriously, they must have known how poorly they handled the story thus quickly fled from it. The idea that the Equalists completely disbanded after Amons reveal would be a childish way of looking at it. There's still that issue with the non benders still -very- present and nothing would have changed because of his toppeling.

Which in itself was stupid, a man that charismatic and smart running away from people when he's found out a water bender without even attempting bending it (hurrpun) to his side is sloppy. I figured he would have landed in front of them and started a talk about how he, a water bender, wants the nonbenders to be on the same ground as the benders. He was using his bending to help them gain ground on the issues. He never came off as power hungry as many of the villains, but rather showing a really serious issue the world of Avatar has.

It's really bad when the villain had more grounds on what they stood for over the avatar.

The issue is still there. Another Amon would take it's place, after all he was just the idea vocalized.

But NOOOPE, lets go to the spirits and water bender war, caused by a power hungry religious zealot. Everything changed when the Northern Water Nation attacked after all.

Ok, let's see if you'd still follow someone who has been blatantly lying to you the whole time, and not think that they're just going for a power grab.

Also, I just love how everyone assumes that during the six month time skip that the Equalists just up and vanished. Never considered that maybe the ones still loyal to the cause were taken out during those six months, or maybe they went underground to avoid persecution, or anything? Book 2 is only four episodes in, and almost none of it happened in Republic City. Korra will be heading back there, so possibly we'll find out what became of the Equalist movement after Amon's defeat. All we know is that due to the Equalist movement, the Council was deemed inefficient in representing and handling the needs of the city, and thus a president was elected.

OT: I'm enjoying Book 2 well enough, but it can be better. Then again, we're only four episodes in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff