Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

So someone just made me realize something.

So let's say, Amon did learn about bending removal as a result of knowing the avatar can do it?

What's to say that's the only thing Amon knows about the Avatar?

What if he knows, i dunno, some secrets about the avatar state?

Like, how you can wahmbulance destroy the cycle of the avatar by killing the avatar in the avatar state wahmbulance

He's the equalist leader, this would be the icing on the cake for equalists. They'd destroy ALL morale of any bender around the world. Then his plan would be executed perfectly.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
TheDrunkenApothecary
So someone just made me realize something.

So let's say, Amon did learn about bending removal as a result of knowing the avatar can do it?

What's to say that's the only thing Amon knows about the Avatar?

What if he knows, i dunno, some secrets about the avatar state?

Like, how you can wahmbulance destroy the cycle of the avatar by killing the avatar in the avatar state wahmbulance

He's the equalist leader, this would be the icing on the cake for equalists. They'd destroy ALL morale of any bender around the world. Then his plan would be executed perfectly.

Well there are two theories about the "bending removal" thing.

1. It's a VERY advanced form of Chi Blocking.
2. He's an Energy Bender, and thus a hypocrite.

Neither one would outright kill the Avatar though. Knife to the chest would though >.>

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I think it's common knowledge in the Avatar universe that killing the Avatar while they're in the Avatar State destroys the cycle.

Aged Gaian

marshmallowcreampie
I think it's common knowledge in the Avatar universe that killing the Avatar while they're in the Avatar State destroys the cycle.

Aang didn't even know about this. In fact the only person in the world who knew was that crazy man back at that airbending temple.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
TheDrunkenApothecary

Aang didn't even know about this. In fact the only person in the world who knew was that crazy man back at that airbending temple.

Azula knew. When word spread that the Avatar was killed for good, it means everyone else knows.

Aged Gaian

marshmallowcreampie
TheDrunkenApothecary

Azula knew. When word spread that the Avatar was killed for good, it means everyone else knows.
I'm pretty sure Azula did not know about that bit. She just found an opportunity to kill the avatar, which she'd been trying to do from the get go.
Word spread that Aang was dead, not that the new avatar had already arrived.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
TheDrunkenApothecary
I'm pretty sure Azula did not know about that bit. She just found an opportunity to kill the avatar, which she'd been trying to do from the get go.

If Azula didn't know, she would've tried to kill him earlier on. It seems to me she must've known that SOMETHING would happen if you killed the Avatar while they were in the Avatar State. It's been a while seen I've seen much of the show, so I don't remember little details, I'm a bit rusty...

Aged Gaian

marshmallowcreampie
TheDrunkenApothecary

If Azula didn't know, she would've tried to kill him earlier on. It seems to me she must've known that SOMETHING would happen if you killed the Avatar while they were in the Avatar State. It's been a while seen I've seen much of the show, so I don't remember little details, I'm a bit rusty...

Azula had been trying to kill him the entire time. But she was pre-occupied with Katara, who wasn't giving her an easy fight.
So the moment everyone stopped to marvel at what Aang could possibly be doing, Azula knew it was her perfect chance to strike.

And if Azula knew, Ozai would have known as well during the final battle and would taken that opportunity to cease the avatar cycle when Aang was just getting into the state.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
TheDrunkenApothecary

Azula had been trying to kill him the entire time. But she was pre-occupied with Katara, who wasn't giving her an easy fight.
So the moment everyone stopped to marvel at what Aang could possibly be doing, Azula knew it was her perfect chance to strike.

And if Azula knew, Ozai would have known as well during the final battle and would taken that opportunity to cease the avatar cycle when Aang was just getting into the state.

That's true. It's one of those things that's kind of unclear.

Rainbow Fairy

TheDrunkenApothecary
marshmallowcreampie

Aang didn't know about it because he was still underage when the monks told him he was the avatar. If he didn't vanish, if the air nomads didn't die, Aang would've known this fact. And besides, Amon might have this planned, but the question is: Will Korra be able to be in the Avatar State? She sucks in the spiritual side of bending, thus she will have a hard time going into the Avatar State.

Aged Gaian

snuggle-you-to-death
TheDrunkenApothecary
marshmallowcreampie

Aang didn't know about it because he was still underage when the monks told him he was the avatar. If he didn't vanish, if the air nomads didn't die, Aang would've known this fact. And besides, Amon might have this planned, but the question is: Will Korra be able to be in the Avatar State? She sucks in the spiritual side of bending, thus she will have a hard time going into the Avatar State.

I'm sure she'll definitely reach the avatar state whether she want's to or not.
What do we know about the avatar state already?:

If you can't control it, it's triggered by extremely negative emotion (danger, fear, anger, hate, etc.)
If you can control it, you can do it whenever.
If the avatar is killed in the avatar state, the cycle ends.
The avatar state is the culmination of the experience and chi of all avatars combined.

Assuming Amon knows as much as I think he knows about the avatar, triggering sad emotion shouldn't be that hard with the track record he's had on her already.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff