Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

nevermind heart

Tipsy Roisterer

I think the Cosplay Arena is the harshest one of the two. It's all about the outfit/hair/facial expression.

If you look at the winning avatars for week 40, The Sector 5 Church brilliantly uses lighting effects.

I like layering backgrounds and finding different effects but if it compromises the outfit etc then voters will be harsh in Cosplay - it's always been a very severe place for votes.

Demonic Sex Symbol

17,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • OTP 200
Cosplay arena is challenging in general. I've won a few times on and gotten lower place. Really it comes down to accuracy. That's usually what 90% of the CP commentators look for. However, lighting and background does play a part depending on your character and series. Usually background entries win more because it adds to it and gives the avie a more finished look, but that doesn't mean a cosplay with no background can't win. Infact I have a Marie Kanker avie in the CP that got 5th place, very simple with few expensive items and no background and place. Sometimes simple can win and do well. : 3

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
I avoid cosplay in general, but I wouldn't get why anyone would downvote when you have a theme based on a scene. That just seems silly to me and I would have been kind of upset about it too. Especially if the bg scene is about spot on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff