Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
LuckyButtercup
Threshold of Eternity
Hello,
I apologize if this question was asked in last week's AtA but is there any plan to create an item of Moonrise wolves as "I am" item?

Oh, please!

I would cashshop buy a I am wolf bundle with all the colours ^_^

Shirtless Shapeshifter

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Heckler 50
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Mademoiselle Kit
Uncle Haijin
Oh, also, some of the alchemy formulas, such as the Tire Dress and The Drill, call for multiple zOMG items that are quest rewards that can only be earned once. Is there a possibility of those formulas being changed to include paths that don't call for quest reward items in the future?
THIS.
Double This.^

Triple this.
Hair were very anime styled and the colors are a reflection of that. The system was made with 16 pre-set colors so hair styles would follow that palette. Wigs work differently so they would have different colors. We'll probably look into expanding hair color further down the road.

I'm sorry that the system is proofing to be more difficult that most Gaians would like. We face problems where users who own current special items would not like to see their items be given away for free, and those formulas are made for the owner of those items, while others are meant to be completely free.

.~.Lady_Aji.~.
- What's up with all of the light hair colors in the salon? The colors that are being passed off as dark aren't even dark. They're medium at best. Can we get some more saturated/darker hair colors? Stop saving them for cash shop wigs.

- The site's alchemy feature is a** backwards. A feature like this should be challenging. Not damn near impossible to do. Also, why on earth would you make it so that some of the formulas require cash shop items? I think that was a dumb move. All you're doing is causing cash items that people are interested in owning become rare and more expensive. Or worse, cause them to be non-existent because they are no longer available on the site. Just admit that you dropped the ball on this feature and fix it. Here's a post that gives a suggestion on how alchemy should work on this site.

Quote:
This type of thing is really the crux of the "issue of Alchemy". That is, many of the components are simply too rare to be of use to most people. Given that the system only grants you exp if you create formulas at your level or one below it, I don't see why any and all components that are necessary for level one formulas are not properly farmable. Realistically, in a 10 tier system such as Gaia's (There are only 10 levels right? I haven't messed with alchemy much due to rarity issues), the first 3-4 levels should require components that are being released in mass quantities or are created from components that are directly made from items released in mass quantities. That is, everything for the first few levels should be easily farmable.

Personally, I'd like to see every single component have a formula for creating it, much like the Orb Aggregate.

In this particular case, I look in my inventory and I see the following from zOMG: Polyester, Suede, Leather, Silk, Mystic Weave, Cured Hide, Cloth, Fauxskin, Kevlar, and Synthetic Fiber. In Bifrost I see Rawhide Leather.

The image for Fabric Swatches () has 4 different fabrics in it, so going with that here are some possibles:

Fabric Swatches = Formula 1: Fabric Swatches + 15 Rawhide Leather + 15 Polyester + 15 Silk + 15 Mystic Weave + 500 gold
Fabric Swatches = Formula 1: Fabric Swatches + 15 Rawhide Leather +10 Cured Hide +10 Fauxskin + 10 Synthetic Fiber + 500 gold

The first option uses the store bought component plus loot found in Bill's Ranch and Zen Gardens, the 2nd and 3rd areas respectively, both relatively low level. The second uses the store bought component, but this time the zOMG loot comes from Bass'ken Lake, Old Aqueduct, and Gold Beach, which are more mid to (low end) higher level areas, thus requiring a bit less due to more initial time investment to get that strong. And this is just for one instance of Fabric Swatches, so it's not like these would suddenly pop out at 100 an hour per person. It would require time and work, more so if you play alone due to lower drop rate, but it would be doable without needing luck in Daily Chance or tons of gold to buy on the vend.

Likewise, many other things such as toggles could have formulas such as this. Alternate methods like this as opposed to purely DC or rare/random boxes would allow this to truly be the fabled and promised system for backwings that was said to be an epic quest, but one that any user could do if they put in the time and effort.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Yeah, we're fixing this now. Some servers didn't get synced.

Sagebomb
emo Display of the last BB auction flipped, then flipped back and flipped forward again.

I wasnt in this auction

0_o....display is flipping like crazy right now

EDIT: for pans refference...I didnt touch anything on my comp during this recording.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
LuckyButtercup
Existential Existence
LuckyButtercup
Existential Existence
lol how high is 'higher level' xp

aw man.

*kicks rocks*

*Pets sad butterfly.*

*shoots laser beam death rays in your general direction*

*Licks fingers and adds salsa. Bares teeth, anticipating dinner...*

Oh - is it allowed to snack on participants?

eek

*flies away*

Bashful Poster

12,050 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
DJ Helsing
Doomdragon8
DJ Helsing
Hi everyone just wanted to drop by and say hi.

Feel free to drop any questions my way!

Hi DJ!I just wanted to know,When will the Gaia Panel/Convention be in Florida again?

We are currently working on the list of events for 2012.

Once thats finalized we will begin reaching out to the conventions and then once confirmed we will announce them.

So I dont know yet smile Hopefully we will attend again but as of now nothing is finalized.

Ah ok thanks!
The guys are keeping track of the bugs and are balancing between releasing new features and fixing problems. The progress is slower than we'd like to see but we're still putting time into it.

The old tutorial was fun but way too long and a lot of new players actually gave up before finishing it. We then shortened it and saw a lot more users getting through the initial hump. Unfortunately the old tutorial couldn't be brought back because it wasn't made to be swapped in and out easily.

FF1 Red Mage
Good evening Lanzer. Thank you for the attention you've been showing the zOMG! community these past few weeks as of late. Halloween Jack and Moonrise were some fun events. Now, to address some issues at hand:

1. Is there a possibility of glitches being removed from the game? I've seen the Upgrade glitch be quickly resolved, but numerous others still remain, and persist Like Kit has spoken of, like Failing Quest Rewards, or Silent NPC's, are terrible glitches that can hinder the players, and bring them to a grinding halt in their progress. It's quite cumbersome, and can force users to quit.

2. What happened to the old Tutorial? I remember when the game was first created back towards October 2008, and the "Frank On a Train" tutorial was super fun. It helped me learn a little, but sadly, it seems like there is no current tutorial for new users. It simply starts them out with a CL 1 GGG, and puts them on their merry way. Whatever happened to Frank? Could we see a revamped version of the Train/Sewers Tutorial, with emphasis on Buff usage, and Rage Ranking?

Thank you, and have a wonderful evening, Lanz~

-Red Mage

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Lanzer
Hair were very anime styled and the colors are a reflection of that. The system was made with 16 pre-set colors so hair styles would follow that palette. Wigs work differently so they would have different colors. We'll probably look into expanding hair color further down the road.

I'm sorry that the system is proofing to be more difficult that most Gaians would like. We face problems where users who own current special items would not like to see their items be given away for free, and those formulas are made for the owner of those items, while others are meant to be completely free.

.~.Lady_Aji.~.
- What's up with all of the light hair colors in the salon? The colors that are being passed off as dark aren't even dark. They're medium at best. Can we get some more saturated/darker hair colors? Stop saving them for cash shop wigs.

- The site's alchemy feature is a** backwards. A feature like this should be challenging. Not damn near impossible to do. Also, why on earth would you make it so that some of the formulas require cash shop items? I think that was a dumb move. All you're doing is causing cash items that people are interested in owning become rare and more expensive. Or worse, cause them to be non-existent because they are no longer available on the site. Just admit that you dropped the ball on this feature and fix it. Here's a post that gives a suggestion on how alchemy should work on this site.

Quote:
This type of thing is really the crux of the "issue of Alchemy". That is, many of the components are simply too rare to be of use to most people. Given that the system only grants you exp if you create formulas at your level or one below it, I don't see why any and all components that are necessary for level one formulas are not properly farmable. Realistically, in a 10 tier system such as Gaia's (There are only 10 levels right? I haven't messed with alchemy much due to rarity issues), the first 3-4 levels should require components that are being released in mass quantities or are created from components that are directly made from items released in mass quantities. That is, everything for the first few levels should be easily farmable.

Personally, I'd like to see every single component have a formula for creating it, much like the Orb Aggregate.

In this particular case, I look in my inventory and I see the following from zOMG: Polyester, Suede, Leather, Silk, Mystic Weave, Cured Hide, Cloth, Fauxskin, Kevlar, and Synthetic Fiber. In Bifrost I see Rawhide Leather.

The image for Fabric Swatches () has 4 different fabrics in it, so going with that here are some possibles:

Fabric Swatches = Formula 1: Fabric Swatches + 15 Rawhide Leather + 15 Polyester + 15 Silk + 15 Mystic Weave + 500 gold
Fabric Swatches = Formula 1: Fabric Swatches + 15 Rawhide Leather +10 Cured Hide +10 Fauxskin + 10 Synthetic Fiber + 500 gold

The first option uses the store bought component plus loot found in Bill's Ranch and Zen Gardens, the 2nd and 3rd areas respectively, both relatively low level. The second uses the store bought component, but this time the zOMG loot comes from Bass'ken Lake, Old Aqueduct, and Gold Beach, which are more mid to (low end) higher level areas, thus requiring a bit less due to more initial time investment to get that strong. And this is just for one instance of Fabric Swatches, so it's not like these would suddenly pop out at 100 an hour per person. It would require time and work, more so if you play alone due to lower drop rate, but it would be doable without needing luck in Daily Chance or tons of gold to buy on the vend.

Likewise, many other things such as toggles could have formulas such as this. Alternate methods like this as opposed to purely DC or rare/random boxes would allow this to truly be the fabled and promised system for backwings that was said to be an epic quest, but one that any user could do if they put in the time and effort.
Alchemy needs a total overhaul. Until then, I'm not touching that feature.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Panagrammic

Cool thanks for that, and any word on who will get the items for 1021 and 1039 ninja (dont want to be pushy...max respect)
I'll check about the bug, thanks for letting me know.

Sorry the artist isn't here, but check back with me next week and I should be able to tell you.

Yeah we're happy that we got to work with a movie company, being able to see our own creations on the big screen would be awesome! Though I'm not holding my breath as most movie scripts do not get produced for one reason or another. Many things will have to happen, from funding to finding the right people, the stars will have to align to have things complete from start to finish.

Thank you for joining us on this week's ATA, see you all next Monday!

Existential Existence
1) Many of the poses in the Monthly Collectible item Heartbreaker are not showing up for many many many Gaians (which means these poses cannot be equipped at the moment - I don't think for anyone). People have been posting about this in the bugs forum for many days (possibly weeks?). Can you pass this information to the artists?
You can equip the poses in the MP preview, but when you have the actual item in your avatar inventory, half the items will not equip.

2) Care to share who the artist of Prince of the Sea (the new 999 EI) is? (if they are okay with telling us who they are, that is)

3) Someone found an article about a possible movie partnership for the Monster Galaxy game! Congrats! Are the people at Gaia excited?

The Halloween event was great. Integrating the flash space with forum activity (turning into a wolf or human) was a fun element.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Dieth and you -- the listings for those should be stable now. There are other listings that didn't get a winner: 937, 981, 987, 997, 1001, 1021, 1023, 1029, 1039, 1063. We'll take a look and do a dev notice in a bit. Edit: Whoops, not all of those, some of them are still going on.

Sagebomb
Panagrammic

Cool thanks for that, and any word on who will get the items for 1021 and 1039 ninja (dont want to be pushy...max respect)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff