Welcome to Gaia! ::

Head count!

+1 1 100.0% [ 1423 ]
Total Votes:[ 1423 ]

Witty Nymph

Anafae
Kuyusi, are you still accepting requests?

Ehhh technically but I wouldn't if I were you. I'm so backed up and have so little spare time. crying

Wicked Trickster

Kuyusi
Anafae

Ehhh technically but I wouldn't if I were you. I'm so backed up and have so little spare time. crying
xD Fair enough. I wanted to place a spot for my troll in her Texas Chainsaw massacre costume, but if you advise against it, I won't

Witty Nymph

Anafae
Kuyusi
Anafae

xD Fair enough. I wanted to place a spot for my troll in her Texas Chainsaw massacre costume, but if you advise against it, I won't

Hahaha, that sounds hilarious. XD But yeah, it'd probably be a year before I come close to getting to you. ;~;

Wicked Trickster

Kuyusi
Anafae
Kuyusi
Anafae

Hahaha, that sounds hilarious. XD But yeah, it'd probably be a year before I come close to getting to you. ;~;
No worries then :] how has life been treating you?

Witty Nymph

Anafae

Not bad, being in the arenas this week is stressing me out, haha. And job stress has reduced my appetite to almost nothing. XD How's you?

Wicked Trickster

Kuyusi
Anafae

Not bad, being in the arenas this week is stressing me out, haha. And job stress has reduced my appetite to almost nothing. XD How's you?
I got fired from work today..which made me upset, however might have its good side. I've lost a bit of weight from being there, and the job had me so stressed out all the time...perhaps I can use my time between searching for work to get my health back up cause its dropped..

Witty Nymph

Anafae
Kuyusi
Anafae

I got fired from work today..which made me upset, however might have its good side. I've lost a bit of weight from being there, and the job had me so stressed out all the time...perhaps I can use my time between searching for work to get my health back up cause its dropped..

Dang, that sucks. :c

Job hunting these days is a pain in the neck. But it sounds like it was a toxic environment, so it's probably good for you to be out of there. <3

Wicked Trickster

Kuyusi
Anafae
Kuyusi
Anafae

Job hunting these days is a pain in the neck. But it sounds like it was a toxic environment, so it's probably good for you to be out of there. <3
Very :] I'm going to be looking for either part time, or for 12 hour days so I can just work three days a week and still have all my hours.

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
It came to my attention that the items in the trade for art are now worth way more than they used to be.. Not that I really mind, but I thought it worth mentioning. Trade total went from 1mil to over 4mil...

Witty Nymph

White Rider Pestilence
It came to my attention that the items in the trade for art are now worth way more than they used to be.. Not that I really mind, but I thought it worth mentioning. Trade total went from 1mil to over 4mil...

That's because inflation is a horrible b***h that I'd like to slay through the heart with six daggers. rofl It's up to you what you'd like to do, if you want to cancel the item trade and just send the gold instead, that is the price we agreed upon. But I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been excited about the items when they were worth a mil, haha.

Rant ahead, not directed at you but gosh am I frustrated:

Seriously, charging 2mil for a full body now is basically charging $2 given what Gaia has done to inflation with so much cash stuff. emo I got 4mil from spending $1.49 on a candy heart! Awesome as that may be, as an artist it's also dismaying.

I've actually closed the shop for now (excluding waitlisted orders which I will finish as my sparse free time allows -cries-) mostly because I don't want to jack up the prices to like, 10-20mil to make it worth my time, but given today's gaia-economy, 2mil isn't worth the time when I can make $24/hr doing real life work, and spend $2 to get the same amount of gold without spending 8-10 hours (that's $192-$240 in time that could be spent on my RL work) to get it. XD

Sorry for the rant, it's just been hard looking at the list and trying to make time for the art, only to think about the fact that at this point given the way the market is, I'm mostly doing it for fun and to be true to my promise to finish the art orders I've taken in. I'm glad for the gold people invested in me back when it was really worth something, and I'm sad to see that it's lost so much of its value these days.

I actually saw a post a while back about how what Gaia's done to the economy with inflation, gold generators and cash shop influxes is seriously harming the world of art vendors. I couldn't agree more.

I think once I finish up the whole list, I'll limit the waitlist to three slots, one for a chibi, one for digital art (full body, torso or bust) and one for sketch art. I'm still unsure what to do about pricing in the future, many have advised I start doing a "bribe" type thing but I HATE seeing that in art shops, haha.

Witty Nymph

Anafae
Kuyusi
Anafae
Kuyusi
Anafae

Very :] I'm going to be looking for either part time, or for 12 hour days so I can just work three days a week and still have all my hours.

Ooh! As much as a pain it the a** it is to work 12 hr days, it's awesome to be able to have the spare time in bulk.

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Kuyusi

I'm perfectly fine leaving the trade as is. I had just thought it worth mentioning. ^ ^ I'd rather not change a past agreement, and it wouldn't feel right.

It might worth raising the prices, as the gold to dollar rate has changed. om o It's become increasingly hard to get items that are wanted. 100mil for a hair item?? Aside from other things.. It's ridiculous. And there doesn't seem to be any kind of changes. Though I am kinda glad a few of the older items I had interest in, in the past, aren't worth very much. Like the Bom Bom Bunny I have on.
I personally think you could charge more for your art.. As it's really really nice. But it's up to you if you do. You could always ask for wishlist items as direct payment for art over gold too. I've seen a few people do that. That wait list idea sounds rather good though, imo. Less wait time for new costumers.

Witty Nymph

White Rider Pestilence
Kuyusi

I'm perfectly fine leaving the trade as is. I had just thought it worth mentioning. ^ ^ I'd rather not change a past agreement, and it wouldn't feel right.

It might worth raising the prices, as the gold to dollar rate has changed. om o It's become increasingly hard to get items that are wanted. 100mil for a hair item?? Aside from other things.. It's ridiculous. And there doesn't seem to be any kind of changes. Though I am kinda glad a few of the older items I had interest in, in the past, aren't worth very much. Like the Bom Bom Bunny I have on.
I personally think you could charge more for your art.. As it's really really nice. But it's up to you if you do. You could always ask for wishlist items as direct payment for art over gold too. I've seen a few people do that. That wait list idea sounds rather good though, imo. Less wait time for new costumers.

I'm glad we feel the same, haha. I can't imagine the thought of getting items these days without using cash or selling art for crazy prices, because everything new is usually over 10mil. gonk It's surprising that previously expensive items have deflated, but it makes sense with the cash re-releases.

Wishlist payments are a great idea! Also, I really hope in the future people jump on the sketches because it's so much easier to do them quickly, and looking at a 3 person waitlist, it'd be far less intimidating for me as an artist to make more progress.

Looking at it now, it's just like @_@ "HOW DO I EVEN START", haha. I'm making baby steps, but I'm sure you can relate to the paralyzing pressure of looking at a massive project and wondering how it'll ever get done. ;~;

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
Hope things are going well for youuu <3

aBADcold's Waifu

Sweet Lunatic

37,575 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250