Welcome to Gaia! ::

If we were to do a contest, what kind would you like to see?

A bump contest 0.1 10.0% [ 3 ]
A random number generator contest 0.5 50.0% [ 15 ]
A mini-art contest for a piece of art from you 0.23333333333333 23.3% [ 7 ]
A different type of contest (post in the thread or PM me!) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
No contests. I just want free money. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 >

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kiyri
ClassicallyYours

Absolutely!! Once again I can't believe how quickly you got two lol. But it happens! And I am glad someone's taking advantage of the contest!!

Teehee. Glad to take advantage of it. So, er, did you look through the whole list already-or just skim the first page and ask explicitly because A=the first letter in the page? xD

o.o Do you teach like all the classes or are you a singular math/Social studies/one teacher instead of a general/homeroom one?

No, I did actually skim the whole thing, I promise! lol
I noticed you had .hack//SIGN on there too, which was a very influential anime on me in my early years. Also watched it on Toonami like the rest of them!
I teach social studies, English as a second language, and literacy right now. I am a certified social studies and literacy interventionist, so I probably shouldn't be teaching a full scale literacy general education class, but I wont be next year by the looks of it. I am actually in the process of considering my options for becoming a counselor, because I think that's more my style (less yelling at kids, more caring for kids... I've never been good at yelling and I don't see myself getting better anytime soon!)

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Magical Girl 50
ClassicallyYours

Ooo~! Three classes! =0 So you have a full plate. Is occupational change rare or normal? I thought most teachers had two or three jobs due to low pay. Counseling sounds like it would be a good job for you.

Cool~so if I ever randomly mention something, there is a slightly larger chance that you will be able to associate it with a picture and have some semblance of an understanding. ^-^

Yep! I have watched most of the Toonami things. I miss Tom. I heard they brought him back, but I don't have the cable thing anymore. Have to catch up on Steven universe when it comes to Hulu/Netflix or something. The last arcs I saw were a little bit after the crying Diamond/trials. It irked me that the .Hack Kite/Blackrose series was only a game, but I played all four of those ps2 games and they were great. Only bothered to pick up one about Haseo, but he isn't bad.

I know the .Hack//Game series happened in tandem with .Hack//Sign, the characters even cameo from the first to the second in some parts, but it often felt like Infection to Quarantine was a parallel world. Which was nice, and made me feel like they totally could have created its own thing. //Legend of twilight is cute, but is also a disconnected aberration from the rest of the series because it reads like a harem anime/manga and is a comedy spin-off variant. I am not usually on the side of novels being better than anime about things, but the Manga is definitely better for Legend of Twilight than the anime. >.<

Though //roots (.hack .G.U?) was different from both Kite and the first series, it was also good. Have you seen/read/played the entire...thing? There are some movies so I can't exactly call it a trilogy, and even I haven't seen everything. Some footage is exclusive to bonus discs or beating something in the games iirc. =s Plus even though they're all good it can be a huge mess.

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kiyri
ClassicallyYours

Ooo~! Three classes! =0 So you have a full plate. Is occupational change rare or normal? I thought most teachers had two or three jobs due to low pay. Counseling sounds like it would be a good job for you.

Cool~so if I ever randomly mention something, there is a slightly larger chance that you will be able to associate it with a picture and have some semblance of an understanding. ^-^

Yep! I have watched most of the Toonami things. I miss Tom. I heard they brought him back, but I don't have the cable thing anymore. Have to catch up on Steven universe when it comes to Hulu/Netflix or something. The last arcs I saw were a little bit after the crying Diamond/trials. It irked me that the .Hack Kite/Blackrose series was only a game, but I played all four of those ps2 games and they were great. Only bothered to pick up one about Haseo, but he isn't bad.

I know the .Hack//Game series happened in tandem with .Hack//Sign, the characters even cameo from the first to the second in some parts, but it often felt like Infection to Quarantine was a parallel world. Which was nice, and made me feel like they totally could have created its own thing. //Legend of twilight is cute, but is also a disconnected aberration from the rest of the series because it reads like a harem anime/manga and is a comedy spin-off variant. I am not usually on the side of novels being better than anime about things, but the Manga is definitely better for Legend of Twilight than the anime. >.<

Though //roots (.hack .G.U?) was different from both Kite and the first series, it was also good. Have you seen/read/played the entire...thing? There are some movies so I can't exactly call it a trilogy, and even I haven't seen everything. Some footage is exclusive to bonus discs or beating something in the games iirc. =s Plus even though they're all good it can be a huge mess.

I feel like occupational change for teachers is more common now, as burnout happens pretty frequently. There's just too much stuff to worry about. Standards, testing, observations, social emotional health, etc. etc... In my district at least, a lot of people stay in education, but the district invests in moving them up/sideways, like into admin. or other specialized positions. A few of my coworkers are going on to become principals next year!

I haven't played any of the .hack games, but would maybe like to some day. I've heard they're pretty fun. I think I need to go back and watch all of .hack//SIGN in order to fully understand it, now that I'm an adult.

Also, through all of this and me blabbering about being a teacher, I realized I didn't ask what you did! Or did you already say? I am also super forgetful, and realize I could just click back through thread pages, but I am also super lazy. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
ClassicallyYours

I feel like occupational change for teachers is more common now, as burnout happens pretty frequently. There's just too much stuff to worry about. Standards, testing, observations, social emotional health, etc. etc... In my district at least, a lot of people stay in education, but the district invests in moving them up/sideways, like into admin. or other specialized positions. A few of my coworkers are going on to become principals next year!

I haven't played any of the .hack games, but would maybe like to some day. I've heard they're pretty fun. I think I need to go back and watch all of .hack//SIGN in order to fully understand it, now that I'm an adult.

Also, through all of this and me blabbering about being a teacher, I realized I didn't ask what you did! Or did you already say? I am also super forgetful, and realize I could just click back through thread pages, but I am also super lazy. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Horizontal and vertical movement probably helps keep things interesting. o_o Principals though?! That's something I would have thought would be a rare event. Though I can imagine it being common for the older ones with tenure or something. Is there a dean?

I am not sure whether being an adult will help a lot. xD But if you think so, or if it does in your case, then that is good. .Hack was a confusing thing for many people to the point that there are diagrams drawn about it. Probably memes even. Nnng,..I feel like the dot hack game series is retro, and probably considered a classic. I might be horribly wrong, but I think if you looked it up on ebay, trying to get all the games would be expensive. And you would probably end up without the bonus discs because they have been lost to time like missing left socks. cat_crying Hopefully I am wrong though, because otherwise, your best bet is to emulate them on your computer. Which may require some technical knowledge, I have no clue, though I did emulate the ps1 on my phone a few times, there was an app and easy how to guides. I assume that G.U with Haseo should be cheaper and easier to find than KitexBlackrose saga, but I could also be wrong on that.

It is about six pages. I would totally be too lazy to sift through those. I don't have a job at the moment, just moved with my family from one state to another recently. Have applied part time for some but received no responses, so, I will probably be applying for ten more once I re-re-re graduate. The bachelor's degree is in nutrition, hospital/restaraunt management, and marketing. Was hoping to get a job at the hospital over here right away, either as a nutritional aide or even as a hospital cook.

The only job I have had, was a fast food/dine and dash based one before we moved. Other than that, purely internships or volunteer work. Which is kind of super sad, but I guess at least I'm still pretty young. v_v I'm the gamer who lives in their parents garage that the stereotypes make fun of. BUT I have a degree in culinary arts and I cook for my parents, sometimes the niece, but all she likes are mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. They got me a new potato masher press, so the first thing is even easier.

On a miscellaneous note, cutting a pineapple with a knife is probably the most tedious thing I have ever done. Do not recommend that for anyone..but fortunately they do make a tool. I need to remember to get one of those tools one of these days to core it instead of manually cutting them. >.<

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kiyri

Oh dang, sorry you're currently jobless, but that degree sounds pretty cool. o:

The job market in certain states is pretty rough rn. I wish you luck, though!

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
ClassicallyYours
Kiyri

Well. It's not horrible, I mean...I live with my parents and still have my own savings. If I absolutely had to, I could survive 4-6 months alone. But I don't have to, so I'm going to take advantage of that so long as I can. So glad that you aren't the sort to make fun of that, so many people have an inherent disdain whenever they hear a person lives with their parents and "is an adult" even though everyone seems to have different parameters on what that actually means.

Thank you~<3 ! ^^

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kiyri
ClassicallyYours
Kiyri

Well. It's not horrible, I mean...I live with my parents and still have my own savings. If I absolutely had to, I could survive 4-6 months alone. But I don't have to, so I'm going to take advantage of that so long as I can. So glad that you aren't the sort to make fun of that, so many people have an inherent disdain whenever they hear a person lives with their parents and "is an adult" even though everyone seems to have different parameters on what that actually means.

Thank you~<3 ! ^^

Oh goodness no! My brother lived with my parents for a while after college, and I probably would have if my boyfriend and I didn't decide to go in on a place together. I was also lucky enough to land a full time job right before the start of the next school year. I have thankfully had full time jobs ever since!

My boyfriend wasn't so lucky. He had a gap between salary positions where he had to deliver pizzas! Luckily he had enough saved and I made enough that we made it by. Otherwise we probably would have had to move home!

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
ClassicallyYours

Oh goodness no! My brother lived with my parents for a while after college, and I probably would have if my boyfriend and I didn't decide to go in on a place together. I was also lucky enough to land a full time job right before the start of the next school year. I have thankfully had full time jobs ever since!

My boyfriend wasn't so lucky. He had a gap between salary positions where he had to deliver pizzas! Luckily he had enough saved and I made enough that we made it by. Otherwise we probably would have had to move home!

That's good! =0 Do the two of you have engagement/far future plans? I don't have any plans to marry or have a baby, seeing my sister go through that was enough. That one has a bunch of different cans of worms of issues though.

Did he at least get a job where they covered for the gas money or was he earning less due to having to pay for gas and his regular car maintenance? Tips "can" sometimes help a lot..but the problem with them is the inconsistency. >-<

Btw! Do you like pokemon? Do you play the 3ds games?

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kiyri
ClassicallyYours

That's good! =0 Do the two of you have engagement/far future plans? I don't have any plans to marry or have a baby, seeing my sister go through that was enough. That one has a bunch of different cans of worms of issues though.

Did he at least get a job where they covered for the gas money or was he earning less due to having to pay for gas and his regular car maintenance? Tips "can" sometimes help a lot..but the problem with them is the inconsistency. >-<

Btw! Do you like pokemon? Do you play the 3ds games?

One day we'll get married, but we're both pretty practical people, so we're gonna wait til it makes the most sense to, i.e. right before we have kids probably. I don't blame you, it's not for everybody! I got lots of friends that want to go kidless. Personally? I hate the idea of being pregnant. I'm gonna adopt!

He got reimbursed for gas and his tips were pretty good, so it all worked out! It was a local place, not a chain, so I think that helped.

And yes I do like Pokemon! I'm a little behind, though. I did get Moon, but I played that a loooong time ago... idk if I'll get the new one, tho.

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
ClassicallyYours

And yes I do like Pokemon! I'm a little behind, though. I did get Moon, but I played that a loooong time ago... idk if I'll get the new one, tho.

Edit: I type too much. Breaking it into sections for you. XP

Well, the fact that you have (both?) considered it is still pretty romantic~^^
It's good that he got reimbursed, not all pizza places are that nice. I think they're supposed to, but I always hear mixed stories with the food industry. Some people don't even know that they're supposed to pay you x amount to match minimum wage if your tips aren't high enough..younger people being taken advantage of, and just pockets of skeevy incidents rather than the whole thing being corrupt-but still. @_@;

=0 Adopting is a pretty bold move. A lot of people have strong feelings and assumptions. It probably depends on how young they are and how they're treated as to whether an adoptee has any problems with it.. Personally, I am best friends with a person who was disowned by his own parents and adopted by his grandma. Bit of a specific situation, but he turned out alright and he has a stable job and everything, though he has bad luck with women. He calls his grandma mom and pretty much always has, he disowned his biological parents right back. Tough guy..though I suppose still being "within the family" might have helped the transition some.

I ended up talking to him a lot about it because my sister was considering sending her baby for adoption at the time. My sister thinks he's a unique case, and tbh, I think he would have been fine even if he had been adopted by someone else because of the way he speaks and carries himself. On the flipside, I feel like the people who paint these miserable pictures of children being miserable solely because they are adopted are equally ignoring some variables somewhere. Like, ofc if the system screws them over or they have bad experiences they will be bitter about it. That's natural. But it starts somewhere, for deep reasons normally, y'know what I mean?

Do you have a complete dex? Do you want a complete dex? How about shiniees? emotion_kirakira I could probably help you, if you want. I don't have the Ultra versions either. No clue how I am going to handle the transition to the Switch (Sword+Shield)..though I hope to eventually send up the ones I have bred, at the least. Praying they make transfers free instead of pokebank crap. =x

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Bump~
Hm. How far down does a bust go for you? Are you the sort who stops at a peak with shoulders, or does it stop at the chest point? o.o

Knowing that would probably really help my decision. sweatdrop

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kiyri
Bump~
Hm. How far down does a bust go for you? Are you the sort who stops at a peak with shoulders, or does it stop at the chest point? o.o

Knowing that would probably really help my decision. sweatdrop

Hey! It'll stop below the shoulders, upper chest point. So, it will not contain the full chest, if that's what you're considering.

Also sorry for not getting back to you!! Yesterday was crazy! I went to a hockey game, strolled around downtown, and then got some awesome tacos. Came home, played Sims for like 2 hours, and passed the ******** out. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I honestly don't even know where my copy of Moon is! I just played it for the story and then stopped haha. I used to be really into collecting pokemon, but unfortunately just don't have the time anymore!!

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
ClassicallyYours
]

It's okay. How was the hockey game? Did your team win? What is the best part of those for you? Street tacos, fast food, or restaraunt/other? o.o...You like sims? Are you the type who tortures them or the kind that makes gay babies? Or something completely different that most people don't do?

Aww. Well if you find it, I could probably help you.

I have made my decision. i'm going with a boy who I only have one doodle and a chibi art of.

Type: Freebie bust~!
Additional Notes/References He was originally my maplestory character, but if you could manage to use the secondary sketchlike reference for the art and the chibi for the color I would really appreciate it. I can provide the original Maplestory angles if needed, though I no longer have access to the account so the only one I have may not be helpful. xD;
User Image
User Image
:

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kiyri
ClassicallyYours
]

It's okay. How was the hockey game? Did your team win? What is the best part of those for you? Street tacos, fast food, or restaraunt/other? o.o...You like sims? Are you the type who tortures them or the kind that makes gay babies? Or something completely different that most people don't do?

Aww. Well if you find it, I could probably help you.

I have made my decision. i'm going with a boy who I only have one doodle and a chibi art of.

Type: Freebie bust~!
Additional Notes/References He was originally my maplestory character, but if you could manage to use the secondary sketchlike reference for the art and the chibi for the color I would really appreciate it. I can provide the original Maplestory angles if needed, though I no longer have access to the account so the only one I have may not be helpful. xD;
User Image
User Image
:

Dang, sorry, I saw this and then just totally forgot to reply!
Thanks for the request, I'll put this one in, too!

Hockey game was great! It was our old home team vs our new home team (we only moved like two years ago), so either way it was a win haha. Our new home team won, though, which is secretly what I wanted!

I usually make a sim and just build their life from the ground up. No cheat codes, nothing, just try to be as ambitious as possible. I'm not super creative with my sims though, generally just a young girl and then I build her family from the other sims in the neighborhood lol

Anyway how have you been lately? This week we had two snow days which was awesoooooome for me! And tomorrow is a half day, so I'm in a great mood rn. AND the Game Grumps shirt I ordered got delivered!! Everything's coming up Classic haha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff