Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Conversationalist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hello! Welcome to my art shop! Feel free to stop in and chat, I'm always interested in company.

- Slots -
1. { The Valkyrie Ryu } { Full body, Pixel } (sketching)(ref)
2. { Closed }

- Rules -
1. Follow the ToS and all that jazz,
2. Don't claim pieces as your own work, blah blah,
3. Please link back to my profile / tumblr / DA if you post your piece elsewhere,
4. You are completely allowed to have another artist color any line art I do- just link me to the colored piece if you do, because that's really cool and I'd like to see if you do.
5. Don't quote any of the first page shop posts, i.e this post, the prices post, etc. Also don't quote me while posting a request.

Announcements:

28 April, 2014- Added in freebies; see post below for details.

Old announcements:

- 27 April, 2014: Really really updated things, finished up last of old commissions, and reopened. Thinking about adding in a giveaway of some kind. Any ideas?
- 26 April, 2014: Spent a lot of time recognizing/clarifying styles and colors available. Now actually offering color as an option. Added some new examples as well.
- 22 April, 2014: School and a difficult commission kicked me off my groove and the shop was closed for some time. Currently I'm revamping the shop plus finishing up my old commissions so I can reopen. I will be more picky about accepting requests now, apologies in advance.

-Portfolio-

The below samples are recent, but they're detail shots. Click for full size, or head to my deviantart to get a better idea if you're curious to see more general examples of what I'm capable of.

I prefer to do uncolored lineart, but I do still need practice coloring my work.

SAMPLES:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Drawing styles will be referred to as follows:
+Normal . . . . . . . . . . . . Ex.1 Ex. 2 Ex. 3
+Cartoony . . . . . . . . . . .Ex.1 Ex. 2
+Cutesy . . . . . . . . . . . . Ex.1 Ex. 2

Coloring styles are:
+Painted . . . . . . . . . . . . Ex.1 Ex.2 Ex. 3 Ex. 4
+Flat . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Ex.1
+Simple Shaded Flat . . . .Ex.1
+Pixel* . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ex.1 Ex.2
*Pixel pieces can only be in the cutesy style.

Will Not Draw:
+Requests that break the ToS
+Most anthros
+Full on mecha
+Detailed color backgrounds

Rather Nots/Shaky subjects:
+ Animals/pokemon
+ Real people (celebrities etc...)
+ Established Characters (i.e. from movie, tv shows, etc.)

Stuff I love to draw:
+Monster boys/girls/etc
+Men's formal wear
+Demon/Occult types
+"Prince" types
+Detail! (lace and layers and ruffle and armor etc)
+Elves and the like
+Art Noveau / Deco influenced designs

If you have any questions at all, just ask! No question with be bothersome in the slightest.

-Prices, Ordering, & processing-

PRICES:

This is a bribe shop, so there are no set in stone prices as of yet. Keep in mind the complexity of your request and my drawing preferences when requesting; the request will often be the deciding factor, as practice is more driving than the actual payment.

-Paying with gold-
Offer what you think is suited to your request. If approved by me, start a trade.

-Paying with Items-
My profile is public and my wishlist is growing, although this is kind of my current quest list. If in doubt, you can always offer and the worst thing I'll do is say no and renegotiate with you.

-Paying by art trade-
If you're artistically inclined, I'm not averse to trading art with you. I'll trade equivalent pieces (ie sketch for sketch, waist up lineart for waist up lineart, chibi for chibi etc. etc. Make sure to post examples.
Characters I want drawn are HERE.

Order Form

[b][size=18][color=brown][align=center]Request[/align][/color][/size][/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
(That's you, or I guess whoever you want me to send the finished piece to)
[b]Style:[/b]
(Normal, Cartoony or Cutesy. If you see a piece above with the style you want me to mimic but you're not sure what to call it, just include the url of the piece and I'll do it in that style.)
[b]Color:[/b]
(None, Painted, Flat, Simply Shaded Flat, or Pixel.)
[b]Request:[/b]
(The pose, expression, if you want it waist up/bust/fullbody/etc and any background requests.)
[b]References:[/b]
(Any drawn or written references for the piece, or any tektek'd avi's* as reference you have.)
[b]Offer:[/b]
(what you're willing to give me for your request. Can be gold, items, or an art trade as outlined in the prices spoiler in the post above this.)

*if you give me an avi as reference please have a link to the tektek version of it, like this.

Processing:
1. If I've accepted your offer, you should send me your trade. After I get your trade, I'll start on the sketch.I will not start sketching until you start the trade.
2. When the sketch is more or less finished, I'll post it on my deviantart, with a watermark, and send you a link to it so you can approve what I've started or ask me to change something.
3. When you've approved my sketch, I'll start on the inking or pixeling of your piece. If you have a colored piece, I'll show you the lineart before I start to color it.
4. Once I'm finished, I'll replace the file of the sketch for a finished piece with a watermark, and send you a link to it. This is usually when I'll accept the trade. Once you complete the trade, I'll replace the watermarked file with an unwatermarked one.

I like to keep people updated on my progress, so I will also occasionally post whatever progress I've made. Usually, that's only for pieces that are taking a long time. If I take over four weeks to finish your piece, you get it for free.

-Freebies-

I've decided to add in freebies; let me know if you have any ideas regarding the giving away of freebies or other grant conditions.

Freebies styles available:
+Uncolored waist-up line art in this style
+Uncolored bust portraits like these.
+Pixel bust like this

How to win:
+ First post on pages 32 / 53 / 84 / 98: If this is you, send me a private message with a filled out order form from above; under the Offer section write "page (blank) freebie". To clarify, if I get the first post on those pages it will be the next user after me.

+ Bump the thread 150 times. This includes chatting with me, you don't just have to write "bump" or whatever. Just number your posts at the bottom. If you do this, private message me a filled out order form from above. Under the Offer section, write, "Bump Freebie".

Finished Freebies:

Really dig those new samples you drew recently. Gl with your shop!

BB Chime
Really dig those new samples you drew recently. Gl with your shop!

Hey thanks! Have a good night or day, wherever you happen to be.
Soursight
Hey thanks! Have a good night or day, wherever you happen to be.

You're welcome! It's night here. xD Hope you have a good one as well!

BB Chime

You're welcome! It's night here. xD Hope you have a good one as well!

Oh my good golly I didn't realize it was you! how silly of me, of course it's night, haha,,,
haa,,,
that was stupid of me
Soursight
Oh my good golly I didn't realize it was you! how silly of me, of course it's night, haha,,,
haa,,,
that was stupid of me

Haha no worries! Sorry that I kinda just popped up out of thin air a bit anonymously, didn't want to scare ya. I usually lurk in the freebs but then I rolled over to shops and was like "heyyyy, I recognize themm."
And nuuuu, never stupid, ever! * 7*

BB Chime

Haha no worries! Sorry that I kinda just popped up out of thin air a bit anonymously, didn't want to scare ya. I usually lurk in the freebs but then I rolled over to shops and was like "heyyyy, I recognize themm."
And nuuuu, never stupid, ever! * 7*

Your advice about art stuff on Gaia when we talked while you were here is why I set up again, actually. I might wander into that forum sometime too. Your signature link to your tumblr was what gave you away, and thank goodness for that or I woulda not realized.
Nice little coincidence!
Well, not stupid but kinda silly, at least
Soursight
Your advice about art stuff on Gaia when we talked while you were here is why I set up again, actually. I might wander into that forum sometime too. Your signature link to your tumblr was what gave you away, and thank goodness for that or I woulda not realized.
Nice little coincidence!
Well, not stupid but kinda silly, at least

Oh gosh really? I didn't know art shop talk was inspiring haha. I feel honored that it was.
Definitely take a peek, both certainly have their own vibe of interesting! Oh yeah, I was thinking that too after I posted, "oh he'll probs find the tumblr link."
What a nice coincidence indeed!

BB Chime

Oh gosh really? I didn't know art shop talk was inspiring haha. I feel honored that it was.
Definitely take a peek, both certainly have their own vibe of interesting! Oh yeah, I was thinking that too after I posted, "oh he'll probs find the tumblr link."
What a nice coincidence indeed!

Well, you certainly spurred me to go for it, so thank youuuu! uwu
I'm on a break from tumblr to avoid spoilers for somethin' until late January and in trying to figure out what else I could possibly do with my life I came back here and smashed an art block to pieces because of it.
I didn't know you had more than one blog, btw, I am following the heck outta them when I log back on.
Soursight
Well, you certainly spurred me to go for it, so thank youuuu! uwu
I'm on a break from tumblr to avoid spoilers for somethin' until late January and in trying to figure out what else I could possibly do with my life I came back here and smashed an art block to pieces because of it.
I didn't know you had more than one blog, btw, I am following the heck outta them when I log back on.

Anytime?! * 7*
Oh that's a good idea, since tumblr kind of can't help itself with the spoilers it seems. That's awesome that the art block was blown to smithereens! Inspiration is certainly prosperous here.
Haha, oh yeah those; thanks in advance for the follow. xD Always like seeing your stuff pop up on my dash too in the sea of posts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff