Welcome to Gaia! ::

Junior Lunatic

User Image

Do you like Phoenix Wright? Are you wishing you had your own Feenie or Edgy to put in your posts, signature, or wherever?

Then look no further! For this is The Wright Way, your stop for your Phoenix Write character needs! User Image

ON HIATUS

I've been busy lately, so I've been falling behind on my spriting recently, so I am not taking requests at the moment. I'll still be working on requests given before I went on hiatus though. I don't know when I'll be opening back up, but I don't plan to give up on this place outright.

Feel free to stick around and chat though. Who knows, I might make an exception 3nodding

Junior Lunatic

User Image

What I offer here is customized "sprites" of characters from the Phoenix Wright game series. "What are sprites?" you ask? In this case, the "sprites" I am talking about aren't cans of soda, but the actual images of characters that are used in-game.

What I can do with these sprites include recoloring, frankensteining, and animating.
Recoloring is where I take a sprite and change the color of the character's clothes, hair, skin, eyes, and such. There are several ways I can do this, that have varying levels of difficulty and quality level of the results.
Frankensteining is when I rip portions off from other sprites, and paste them onto other ones. This can be anything from exchanging one character's head for another, placing items into character's hands, or changing the poses of arms or hands.
Animating is simply animating a sprite. I can do this by pasting frame-by-frame animations from the character's sheet of poses, or by painstakingly redrawing the sprite manually frame by frame for a custom animation.

BE WARY OF SPOILERS!

I use sprites from all five Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright 1-3, Apollo Justice, and Miles Edgeworth), and I may end up using sprites that by themselves may be considered spoilers. I will do everything I can to make sure that potentially spoiling sprites are appropriately labeled and hidden from immediate view, but I cannot make any guarantees that you might be spoiled, so please, be wary while you browse my shop, and be careful of what you post, for YOU may be the one to spoil another.

Junior Lunatic

User Image

Now, you may be wondering if I'm allowed to have a shop exclusively offering only sprite art of Phoenix Wright characters, which is a copyrighted series. I wasn't so sure either, so I had a conversation with one of gaia's Mods to clarify if I could.

Guardian Arlen
OnyxAlchemyst
I have been seriously considering providing service to gaia members by making custom sprites and edits of characters from the game series Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Since the characters are no doubt copyrighted, I am sure it would be against gaia TOS to be selling graphics of these characters, as that would be profiteering off of copyrighted material.

My question is this: Would it be allowable if I provide the service without charge (as in freebies)? And if so, what kind of credits or permissions will I require to do so?

I am also assuming, of course, that IF it is allowable for me to provide this service, I will have to give full credit to Nintendo and Capcom, who own the rights to the series.

I have searched through gaia's rules and regulations concerning copyrighted material, but I remain uncertain if what I wish to do is allowable or not. I would much rather ask this and be shot down than to go ahead with the shop and end up being banned. I do not plan to go forward with my idea until I have been given the OK by an admin or moderator.

I greatly appreciate any assistance you can give on this matter, or directing me to someone more qualified to give an answer is acceptable as well. I appreciate all you and the other gaia staff have been doing to keep gaia a safe and fun site to enjoy. Thank you very much! ^_^

As long as you give credit and as long as it is free it is allowed. 3nodding
See the message.

As you can see, as long as proper credit is given, and I do not charge for my services, I'll be fine. 3nodding

So....

The images in my shop are the property of Capcom and Nintendo. These images may be used, but may not be sold for profit.

I do not own these images, so that means YOU don't own them either. That means you cannot pass these images as your own or sell them.

Junior Lunatic

User Image

These are my rules. I expect them to be followed.

Break any of the following rules and you WILL be banned from the shop, without a second chance.

-Do not break gaia TOS. (Not only will you be banned from the shop, but also may be banned from gaia)

-Do not sell my art. That is profiteering off of someone else's work, and that someone's work happens to be copyrighted. Not only will it piss ME off, but it's against gaia's TOS as well.

-Do not claim my work as your own. That doesn't mean you can't use it. I WANT you to use it. Just don't say you made it yourself.

The following rules will not result in a ban if broken, unless they are broken repeatedly.

-Be polite. If you are an a** in my shop, you will be given one chance to change your attitude. Failure to do so will result in a ban.

-Don't purposefully spoil others. Please don't go posting spoilers about cases. If it must be discussed, do it in PM or have it in white text. If you do post a spoiler (accidentally or not), I will ask you to change your post to remove it. If you do not do so in a timely manner, the offending post will be deleted.

-When requesting sprites, use the request form (found further below). Failure to do so will result in your request being ignored.

Basically, follow gaia's rules, don't be an a**, and be mindful of what you post. If you do that, you'll do fine. 3nodding

Junior Lunatic

User Image

Here's some of the things I've put together.

The following images are still the property of Capcom and Nintendo. Feel free to use them, but DO NOT sell them.

Links with "spoiler (game number/case number)" means image may be a spoiler for that particular game's case. Click with caution

Recolors

*original-colored sample*
User Image
Now in red
black
orange
and purple

Rhoda's black flight uniform
Tigre with a natural skin tone

Frankensteins

User Image
Only real good one I have that isn't animated. >__<

Animations

Stock animations (using unaltered poses)

User Image
Klavier's endless air guitar solo.
Dahlia
Endless coffee break
Polly wants to make a point

User Image
Talking and/or blinking animations of any character also possible.

Custom animations (Changing the sprite itself for a completely new animation)

User Image
She's only luring you in so she can whip you easier.
Godot's alternate visor
Lisa is an eager one
*Mild AAI Case four spoilers* Someone wants a swiss roll >w<

Completed requests

User Image
Boot to the head! for Nekoai-kun
For kuku-pet
Polly's St. Patrick's day outfit. (for Nekoai-kun)
Lang gets a scroll. (for Kirei_chan)
Premire Edgeworth's alternate hairstyle. (for Nekoai-kun)
Grossberg as the monopoly man

Junior Lunatic

User Image

This is where you come in. You've seen what I can do. You want one of your own. All you have to do is ask.

Tipping is in no way required for me to make you a sprite, but tipping for the time and effort I'm spending for you is greatly appreciated, and will earn you a spot on my whitelist. *bows*

But I beseech you to avoid being vague with your requests. Have something specific in mind, and describe it to me in as much detail as you can.

You can find all of the characters, along with all of their stock animations in here. (watch out for spoilers)

Wills and Wont's

I don't have much of any limits on what I'd do, except for that I'll refuse requests that seem to complicated for my current skills (IE asking to make Edgeworth do the Macarena). I also reserve the right to deny any other request with good reason. But please, don't be afraid to ASK. Having a request denied doesn't mean you can't try again with another idea. 3nodding

Please keep in mind that I do EDITS. I do not have the skill to make an OC from scratch, so requests asking me to make a sprite of your OC is likely to be denied due to complexity. Don't take it personally if I do, it's just that I don't think what I'd be able to come up with would be any good, and I'm not interested in spending many hours proving it true. >__<

Order Form

If you want to make a request, you'll have to use this form, or else I will probably miss or ignore your request.

[size=24][color=red][align=center]SPRITE REQUEST!!!![/align][/color][/size]

[b]What type of sprite?:[/b](recolor, frankenstein, animation, or a combination of types)
[b]Character base:[/b](Body/head you want me to start from.)
[b]Other characters:[/b](other characters needed to make the sprite (new body, new head, color palette, ect.))
[b]Describe what you want:[/b] (Just describe what you want done)

[size=18][color=green]THANK YOU SO MUCH![/color][/size]

You don't need to post the request right away though. It works best when you talk about what you want with me, and we can work out something that you want, that I can do. 3nodding

And don't just post a request then leave. That's just not nice. Show me that you really want it by sticking around and TALKING to me (I don't bite, promise! >w< ). The more I know you and like you, the harder I'll probably work on your request. Simple as that. User Image

Junior Lunatic

User Image

You may be curious to how I do this stuff. My image editor of choice at the moment is GIMP, which is a free open-source program that can be download here. It has a variety of useful tools that work very well.

I use this place to download Character's sprite sheets. A sprite sheet is literally a sheet that has all of a character's in-game poses that can be used to animate or edit. Phoenix Wright's sheet

There are all kinds of tutorials about editing images and making animations out there, and I don't feel like making a long explanations right now, but Court Records.net is an Ace Attorney forum, so hanging around their sprite threads is a great place to find other people who do sprite art too, and to find tips. 3nodding

Junior Lunatic

User Image

WHITELIST
People who have tipped, and/or left a very good impression on me. ^_^

kuku-pet: First costumer, and gave me a tip. User Image
SonicSweeti: First poster, as well as good friend and supporter. heart
Nekoai-kun: Ordered more than once, tipped every time, and a nice guy. 3nodding

BLACKLIST
People who have broken my rules, and thus banned from the shop.

Thankfully, nobody in here yet.

REGULARS
People who hang out, and order more than once. User Image

Nekoai-kun

Junior Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
reserved 9/15

Junior Lunatic

reserved 10/15

Junior Lunatic

reserved 11/15

Junior Lunatic

reserved 12/15

Junior Lunatic

reseved 13/15

Junior Lunatic

reserved 14/15

Junior Lunatic

reserved 15/15

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff