Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Hunter

Versatile Hunter

"You deserve to be happy, Vince."

Just empty words. No meaning.
Vinzko

"You deserve to be happy, Vince."

Just empty words. No meaning.

You deserve what you can achieve, Vince.
If you can achieve happiness, you deserve it. If you can keep on going through this muck and grime and not let the quicksand take you down, you deserve respect.

We all deserve what we achieve.
Tell me that has no meaning.
I'll argue about it till we're both out of breath and words.

Versatile Hunter

onyx_moonz
You deserve what you can achieve, Vince.
If you can achieve happiness, you deserve it. If you can keep on going through this muck and grime and not let the quicksand take you down, you deserve respect.

We all deserve what we achieve.
Tell me that has no meaning.
I'll argue about it till we're both out of breath and words.

I'm not going to argue when certain words are dealt with agreement on my behalf.
        You're right. We deserve what we achieve but nothing more.
        It just feels artificial when people pass around the same phrase without a valid back up.
        In other words, no one deserves anything without qualified action on their part.
        You shouldn't be indulged with a claim of guilt when you did not commit the crime.
        And same goes for the opposing side, you can't expect a ray of sunshine when you hide behind shadows.
        Everyone is given life to live, but life owes no debt so there's nothing to be gained but what you earn.
        Sure, it's possible that you can be fortunate and satisfied with joy.
        But it doesn't justify the fortune.
        However, some people mistake their justification with exchange.
        To deserve respect and to deserve happiness are two different concepts.
        Some people have the idea that they should be rewarded because they've had it tough.
        And so they've had it hard, but someone's had it harder. Chances are their "reward" is still missing.
        Anyone can survive a battle that's many been through already. Respect granted.
        Excellent.
        There is no awaiting gold hidden in a pot at the end of the rainbow, just a path that keeps on going.
        Besides - "Happiness" comes in different variations and forms.
        No one else can hand it over when they have no power over shaping it to your desire.
        All my life, I've known to craft it on my own. I've done it before.
        But right now, I'm not going to make a move. I'm not going to be happy.
        I'm not going to complain because it's my own responsibility to take.
        So no, I don't deserve to be happy.

Versatile Hunter

Honestly, you can shine as bright as you want.

There's really no barrier keeping you away from being happy.
        It's just a matter of perspective.
        To be happy, you just need to be grateful.
        I'm not grateful with myself because I haven't achieved what is needed.
        I just lost a great part of my life not so long ago, but I'm not going to blame that for my current state.
        That part of my life made me happy. I won't corrupt the memories by what I feel now.

I'm just not the kind of guy to want something that isn't worked for.
        My happiness comes when carrying the weight, not being a deadweight in terms of working for it.
        There's still a lot I'm keeping myself productive with but at times, I feel empty doing so.

Also, I can't lie. I was angry before. I allowed to let the tables shift after my loss.
        My own disappointment because it's going to take a while to fix, but something I will.

I'm absolutely depressed. I've always been but this cynical side has never been taken this far.
        My walk is sloppy. My head is light. And my eyes are tired.
        My direction is misguided by a mind that is not focused and a vision that fades in deeper as I move in closer.
        Don't really know where I need to be yet so until then I will keep my distance.
        I have a long way to go.

Same goes for the other folks.

dategumi's Fangirl

Adorable Knife

dategumi's Fangirl

Adorable Knife

dategumi's Fangirl

Adorable Knife

dategumi's Fangirl

Adorable Knife

//hipthrusts.

dategumi's Fangirl

Adorable Knife

Oppastyle's Husband

dategumi's Fangirl

Adorable Knife

Vinzko
        I'm not going to argue when certain words are dealt with agreement on my behalf.
        You're right. We deserve what we achieve but nothing more.
        It just feels artificial when people pass around the same phrase without a valid back up.
        In other words, no one deserves anything without qualified action on their part.
        You shouldn't be indulged with a claim of guilt when you did not commit the crime.
        And same goes for the opposing side, you can't expect a ray of sunshine when you hide behind shadows.
        Everyone is given life to live, but life owes no debt so there's nothing to be gained but what you earn.
        Sure, it's possible that you can be fortunate and satisfied with joy.
        But it doesn't justify the fortune.
        However, some people mistake their justification with exchange.
        To deserve respect and to deserve happiness are two different concepts.
        Some people have the idea that they should be rewarded because they've had it tough.
        And so they've had it hard, but someone's had it harder. Chances are their "reward" is still missing.
        Anyone can survive a battle that's many been through already. Respect granted.
        Excellent.
        There is no awaiting gold hidden in a pot at the end of the rainbow, just a path that keeps on going.
        Besides - "Happiness" comes in different variations and forms.
        No one else can hand it over when they have no power over shaping it to your desire.
        All my life, I've known to craft it on my own. I've done it before.
        But right now, I'm not going to make a move. I'm not going to be happy.
        I'm not going to complain because it's my own responsibility to take.
        So no, I don't deserve to be happy.

But at the same time I do believe that we deserve a chance to take it all in. If we have made friends using and being ourselves, then we should allow ourselves to lean on them if needed. Even if we don't think we should be allowed a rest or temporary safety in another, it should be accepted.
It's all a matter of the situation and what's gotten you to it. And whether you're willing to work to get out of it.
I'm not saying this solely about you, more for everyone. It applies to us all.

And absolutely. Whenever something is said without proof of the phrase, an answer to the question, "why", it lacks foundation and validity therefore making it counterproductive.
However sometimes there are reasons without words. "You deserve to be happy." If the sentiment is true and meant from the sayer, and they feel it has a reason and don't know how to word it exactly, it does not decimate the meaning of the phrase. Maybe the phrase itself is illogical, as we do choose to let ourselves be happy or not, but it cans till be meant.
I've found many words are used to fill space rather than mean something though. And sometimes it acts as that.

Well put, Vince.
Very well put.

dategumi's Fangirl

Adorable Knife

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items