Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Shapeshifter

I can't say much more than what has already been said multiple times in this thread. I totally agree that one should learn from life. However, I would like to add that I am very happy that I got interested in anime and game art. It is what drove me to want to draw more than just a random doodle on the side of my school notes. It led me towards a BFA (nearly there! x-X Last semester~) in art. I'm still striving to improve, and all we can do is take it one step at a time. It's a long road that never ends. And I hope to enjoy every step of the way. (Despite the blood, sweat, tears, and stress that comes from all learning experiences.) whee

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
*Sigh* There are still those people who don't people who don't get that even a stickman can be art...
Has the person ever looked "closer" to manga drawings like Zetman manga's background, the little things the mangaka draws IN A MONTH?!

Look at the background, look how much the author and his little helpers have done in couple of days?
RegC
*Sigh* There are still those people who don't people who don't get that even a stickman can be art...
Has the person ever looked "closer" to manga drawings like Zetman manga's background, the little things the mangaka draws IN A MONTH?!

Look at the background, look how much the author and his little helpers have done in couple of days?

*Sigh* There are still people who don't actually understand this thread.

It's not about manga or anime, or questioning if it's art. Replace anime with any other style. This thread is about knowing your basics before stylizing.
RegC
            You didn't read this thread, now did you?

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
xXBattyx4xBloodXx
RegC

It's not about manga or anime, or questioning if it's art. Replace anime with any other style. This thread is about knowing your basics before stylizing.

omfg and there are some people who think there are people who don't get this thread because I was just SAYING.

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Arvehz
RegC

yes. I. did. -.-
RegC
xXBattyx4xBloodXx
RegC

omfg and there are some people who think there are people who don't get this thread because I was just SAYING.

Okay.... so your original post was ENTIRELY irrelevant to this thread then because you were "just SAYING". Good to know.
RegC
Arvehz
RegC

yes. I. did. -.-

Then why did you post something so completely unrelated?

Tipsy Conversationalist

I agree with this! I agree with this! Even Disney artist spent a ton of time studying and drawing REAL animals/people so that they can get the right movements and such down. Oh do I love the detail in all great art! Even 'cartoon' and 'anime'. lol

1,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
This was a good read. I hope that these artists learn from this article.

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I agree, I still draw a crapload of manga, but I do work on realism as well.
Though, if it hadn't been for that one really pretty cover page in my friend's manga, I wouldn't have started drawing to begin with *shrug*.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff