Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Noob

6,950 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
http://prntscr.com/4dx5ua

Like, I'm saving them as high quality as I can and it's not the pixels because when I print them they're still so jagged on the outline of the ink drawings.

Beloved Flatterer

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Looks fine to me o-o
Only other thing might be the resolution settings? //Idontreallyknow;-;

Wealthy Noob

6,950 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
Zeiyne
Looks fine to me o-o
Only other thing might be the resolution settings? //Idontreallyknow;-;

Hi Zeiyne!

But look at the top birds left wing. The outline of it looks grainy ._.

In a relationship with Help The Bombardier

Explorer

Honestly I would never have seen it if you didn't point it out. What resolution did you upload it at?
Yeah, I don't really notice anything either, but can understand what problem you might be going through (esp. when you compare it to what you were drawing).

Hmm, aside from saving at a high resolution, are you working at a high resolution (maybe at least 300 DPI)?

Sparkling Garbage

9,525 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
What resolution did you print out, what's the size of the canvas (it's better to resize it down than the other way around), what filetype did you save it as, and what color mode did you put it in?

Wealthy Noob

6,950 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
adorkablehiko
What resolution did you print out, what's the size of the canvas (it's better to resize it down than the other way around), what filetype did you save it as, and what color mode did you put it in?

canvas was 8.5x11
printed it out 8.5x11
jpeg
idk what color mode it was in

Sparkling Garbage

9,525 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Breathless Pixels

canvas was 8.5x11
printed it out 8.5x11
jpeg

Ahhh... So that's why. When you're going to print out an image or a drawing, always make it bigger than the paper size. Waaaay bigger is what I suggest, that way, when it downsizes, it's not as pixelated. Also when you print an image, convert it to pdf instead of jpeg. Tons of details/info are lost when you print in jpeg. Pdf preserves that and makes it easier to print out without losing anything. If you plan on printing the image later on, do the drawing in CMYK because RGB is way off when printed in terms of tone and tint and stuff like that.

Wealthy Noob

6,950 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
adorkablehiko
Breathless Pixels

canvas was 8.5x11
printed it out 8.5x11
jpeg

Ahhh... So that's why. When you're going to print out an image or a drawing, always make it bigger than the paper size. Waaaay bigger is what I suggest, that way, when it downsizes, it's not as pixelated. Also when you print an image, convert it to pdf instead of jpeg. Tons of details/info are lost when you print in jpeg. Pdf preserves that and makes it easier to print out without losing anything. If you plan on printing the image later on, do the drawing in CMYK because RGB is way off when printed in terms of tone and tint and stuff like that.

thank you so much. i know what rgb means but what does the CMYK stand for

Sparkling Garbage

9,525 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Breathless Pixels

thank you so much. i know what rgb means but what does the CMYK stand for

Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black. They're the colors used in printing because RGB uses primary colors, and although they're the channels in our eyes, they're really strong colors so mixing them to make other colors is hard.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff