Welcome to Gaia! ::

PhuLe0's Wife

Kawaii Senshi

which one is the best one in your opinion???
i'm really trying to buy one but i have no idea which one to choose LOL
price limit $200. c: i hear that the splash and creative don't have an eraser???? //cri
i don't understand halp
someone with tablet wisdom pls <3

link me

PhuLe0's Wife

Kawaii Senshi

NO ONe???? omG
((whoops still on this mule))
but i suggest the bamboo create. you can find some on ebay/amazon for like 150, or bestbuy or the official wacom site for 200. and the pen has an eraser.
i enjoy it, cause i own it. uvu/
good luck

Sparkling Cutie-Pie

If you are looking at Wacom tablets, I suggest looking at the Intuos5~ As it has now been replaced by a new line, so it is significantly cheaper than the previous price...on Amazon, it's currently $140 (not including shipping)~ I really like it, and it draws amazing! Plus, it has a higher level of pen pressure sensitivity (at least when I was comparing both lines last October) than the Bamboo series~ The small Intuos5 is smaller than the Bamboo Create, but I personally like how its size is small (I have a small desk space biggrin ). Good luck! yum_puddi

{Here's a link to Intuos5 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos5-Touch-Tablet-PTH450/dp/B0076HMDQO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404907789&sr=8-2&keywords=intuos+5}

PhuLe0's Wife

Kawaii Senshi

ElementArtShopMule

at best buy, i think it's like $90! unless you're referring to the bigger version for $200. c: i think i'm gonna get the cheaper smaller one. xD

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Go with the "Inruos5" or "Intuos Pro". Ignore the "Intuos" line since that is what they renamed the Bamboo tablets to in order to confuse everyone...

The reason I say 5 or Pro is because the pen's will have the erasers... Otherwise with the shitty Bamboo/Intuos line you'll get a downgraded stylus....

PhuLe0's Wife

Kawaii Senshi

Soreiyu
Go with the "Inruos5" or "Intuos Pro". Ignore the "Intuos" line since that is what they renamed the Bamboo tablets to in order to confuse everyone...

is this ok??

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
pastel queen
Soreiyu

is this ok??

No, that is the renamed Bamboo tablet.

This is what the Intuos5 looks like.

PhuLe0's Wife

Kawaii Senshi

Soreiyu

oh! and that pen comes with an eraser? :3
i think i'll buy that one!

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
pastel queen

oh! and that pen comes with an eraser? :3
i think i'll buy that one!

The photos of that particular Bamboo/Intuos show an eraser so it should have one. It's a lot cheaper, but it's not as professional. So it's basically up to you if you want to buy it.

I just remember certain Bamboo tablets not having stylus erasers at the ends. I'm not sure why they did that since the old Graphires use to have them.

I've used an Intuos3 for 8 years and now moved on to an Intuos5 medium. I'm quite pleased with it.

Distinct Elder

Do you need an "eraser?" Honestly, I find it to be more effort to flip the damn pen over than is is to just press "E" or whatever your software of choice's eraser hot key is.

Anyways, what're you using it for? Chances are you can get away with a cheap tablet. The cheap tablets are getting better and better these days.

Distinct Elder

Soreiyu
The photos of that particular Bamboo/Intuos show an eraser so it should have one. It's a lot cheaper, but it's not as professional.

Soreiyu
Otherwise with the shitty Bamboo/Intuos line you'll get a downgraded stylus....

It's not really downgraded/less professional (well, "professional" is subjective, actually - Craig Mullins used to draw with a mouse so really it's your skill level at the end of the day that determines your level of "professionalism," not what tablet you use). The old Bamboos, if I recall correctly, did have downgraded styluses, but from my research recently the new formerly-Bamboo Intuos series styluses are more or less the same with, maybe, 1/4 of the pressure sensitivity levels of the Intuos Pro.

But then the Intuos Pro's levels are just so high that I don't think it really matters. At that point you're paying for excess. I've never had any issue with my new Intuos' pressure sensitivity levels. The real difference these days is in the tablet interface, I think - the Pro has the wheel and all that while the Intuos only has, like, two buttons.

But I never use the buttons and wheel and stuff anyways so it didn't matter to me. Also I think the Pro comes with wireless functionality, which is a moot point because I hate wireless technology.

But to each their own. Correct me if I'm wrong here, though.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Itchy the Hatter
Do you need an "eraser?" Honestly, I find it to be more effort to flip the damn pen over than is is to just press "E" or whatever your software of choice's eraser hot key is.

Anyways, what're you using it for? Chances are you can get away with a cheap tablet. The cheap tablets are getting better and better these days.

I've never used E to erase. Somehow that feels like more effort than just turning the pen over since that takes a second. o_O; The tablets have buttons for the keyboard shortcuts anyway.

Itchy the Hatter

It's not really downgraded/less professional (well, "professional" is subjective, actually - Craig Mullins used to draw with a mouse so really it's your skill level at the end of the day that determines your level of "professionalism," not what tablet you use). The old Bamboos, if I recall correctly, did have downgraded styluses, but from my research recently the new formerly-Bamboo Intuos series styluses are more or less the same with, maybe, 1/4 of the pressure sensitivity levels of the Intuos Pro.

But then the Intuos Pro's levels are just so high that I don't think it really matters. At that point you're paying for excess. I've never had any issue with my new Intuos' pressure sensitivity levels. The real difference these days is in the tablet interface, I think - the Pro has the wheel and all that while the Intuos only has, like, two buttons.

But I never use the buttons and wheel and stuff anyways so it didn't matter to me. Also I think the Pro comes with wireless functionality, which is a moot point because I hate wireless technology.

But to each their own. Correct me if I'm wrong here, though.

I'm not using the word professional in a sense of skill. I'm using it as someone would when talking about colored pencils or paints. You have the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones. The more expensive ones are considered to be for professionals. It doesn't mean that you can't produce quality work with the cheap stuff. o_O; Even I don't have issues with drawing with my mouse. It just takes more time and effort than using a tablet.

Distinct Elder

Soreiyu
I've never used E to erase. Somehow that feels like more effort than just turning the pen over since that takes a second. o_O; The tablets have buttons for the keyboard shortcuts anyway.

I don't like using the tablet shortcut buttons either, though. Just makes my drawing space feel too cluttered/busy. I like having one hand on my keyboard and one on my tablet. Feels less cramped to me.

Also just partly how I started drawing digitally - didn't have all these fancy scroll wheels and stuff.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Itchy the Hatter

I don't like using the tablet shortcut buttons either, though. Just makes my drawing space feel too cluttered/busy. I like having one hand on my keyboard and one on my tablet. Feels less cramped to me.

Also just partly how I started drawing digitally - didn't have all these fancy scroll wheels and stuff.

I'm unable to use the keyboard when I work with my tablet. I've not found any way to set it up in order for me to be able to multitask. I use to be able to when I used my Intuos3 since I could hold the small tablet in my lap, but the Intuos5 medium is much too large for that. So I have to move the keyboard and have the tablet on the desk in front of me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff