Dangerous Noob

God-the-almighty
Schwanengesang
God-the-almighty
Schwanengesang
God-the-almighty
reeks of dadaism.

And dada is bad because?
I think of it as art for artists because the viewer sees art in the object. Not a lot of people see it that way though. my point was it can take skill to make surrealism, the artist makes the piece rather than the viewer seeing the art in the object. Did you see me say it was bad? Different is different, it doesn't necessarily mean bad.

"To reek" has a negative connotation in English. So yes, it is equivalent to "it's bad".
maybe or maybe not, it certainly wasn't my intention. Chalk it up to being a bad day. My condition today was not good. I should have let you see even this post in it's unaltered garbled form. It took me a while to fix it.

Sure

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Schwanengesang
God-the-almighty
Schwanengesang
God-the-almighty
Schwanengesang
God-the-almighty
reeks of dadaism.

And dada is bad because?
I think of it as art for artists because the viewer sees art in the object. Not a lot of people see it that way though. my point was it can take skill to make surrealism, the artist makes the piece rather than the viewer seeing the art in the object. Did you see me say it was bad? Different is different, it doesn't necessarily mean bad.

"To reek" has a negative connotation in English. So yes, it is equivalent to "it's bad".
maybe or maybe not, it certainly wasn't my intention. Chalk it up to being a bad day. My condition today was not good. I should have let you see even this post in it's unaltered garbled form. It took me a while to fix it.

Sure
I'm not even kidding, I almost took a header out the front door when getting the mail because I'm not doing well.

Dangerous Noob

God-the-almighty
Schwanengesang
God-the-almighty
Schwanengesang
God-the-almighty

Sure
I'm not even kidding, I almost took a header out the front door when getting the mail because I'm not doing well.

I know you're not, a lot of posts you made on the AD looks like you should have been resting instead of posting

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Schwanengesang
God-the-almighty
Schwanengesang
God-the-almighty
Schwanengesang
God-the-almighty

Sure

I know you're not, a lot of posts you made on the AD looks like you should have been resting instead of posting
Probably but I'm in too much pain to sleep right now.
I see what your talking about, I hate calling myself an artist because i feel like my work isnt on par with artists i enjoy (excluding folk lol) here in ottawa the most expensive peice of art we have in the national gallary of canada is the voice of fire . . its millions of dollars and a joke User Image
kalakimba
I see what your talking about, I hate calling myself an artist because i feel like my work isnt on par with artists i enjoy (excluding folk lol) here in ottawa the most expensive peice of art we have in the national gallary of canada is the voice of fire . . its millions of dollars and a joke User Image

As unimpressed as I am with the government with purchasing that, it really doesn't contribute to the discussion of surrealism.

I believe that that (God, I hate English some days) is postmodernism art.

Just thought I'd point that out.

EDIT: It's actually abstract expressionist art. I need to pay more attention in Art history. gonk
But Surrealism is definitely a type of art- or art movement, specifically.

From what I've learned in college, anything that has been appreciated by the public, be it sculpture or painting, 2D or 3D, it is considered as art.

Yup, sometimes I myself tend to wonder if a certain subject is considered as art- but as you study it closely, you'll see it in an entirely different way- thus, you're either appreciating said subject as a form of art or criticize it.

It's pretty much about how you see things really, and also accepting the public's opinion. smile

/just sharing my thoughts.
Mahiru Suoh
kalakimba

As unimpressed as I am with the government with purchasing that, it really doesn't contribute to the discussion of surrealism.

EDIT: It's actually abstract expressionist art. I need to pay more attention in Art history. gonk

With your comment here, I realise I need to open up my art history textbook too lol. Learning the movements make yer brain melt eh.

But still, I think this abstract exp. art is pretty cool. I like the colors. /hell, the art in this movement catches my attention for the usage of colors @ . @
smashingly awesome hiero
Mahiru Suoh
kalakimba

With your comment here, I realise I need to open up my art history textbook too lol. Learning the movements make yer brain melt eh.

But still, I think this abstract exp. art is pretty cool. I like the colors. /hell, the art in this movement catches my attention for the usage of colors @ . @

I attribute my confusion to the fact that I have to memorize 150 images for my ARHI final, and because my prof. went through the last lectures so fast, I need to focus on those the most. Hence, I am working back from about late 1980's back to the Baroque period.

The painting is chromatic abstract expressionist, so you're right about the colour. I just hate that fact that my government spent taxpayers' money on it. I know I'm not the only one not impressed.
Mahiru Suoh
kalakimba

Are you sure it's not early minimastic modern or hard edge abstraction??

Abstract expressionism was about the movement, energy, and expression of the paint. Paint was a physical force in control of their paintings.(Pollock, Rothco, Dekooning)

This is much more in line with the minimalists who wanted full control over the paint, and to create images as simply as possible about color and shape and nothing else. The goal was to strip art and paintings of all but its simplest elements and leave only a visual experience behind.

Still boring to look at. Give me a yummy dekooning or kirchner any day!

Also- I'll leave this here for anyone struggling with art history terms to read and consider:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-discussion/the-history-of-modernism-by-a-worn-out-college-senior/t.76542355/
Ulterior_Motives
Mahiru Suoh
kalakimba

Abstract expressionism was about the movement, energy, and expression of the paint. Paint was a physical force in control of their paintings.(Pollock, Rothco, Dekooning)

This is much more in line with the minimalists who wanted full control over the paint, and to create images as simply as possible about color and shape and nothing else. The goal was to strip art and paintings of all but its simplest elements and leave only a visual experience behind.

Also- I'll leave this here for anyone struggling with art history terms to read and consider:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-discussion/the-history-of-modernism-by-a-worn-out-college-senior/t.76542355/

I guess it's possible. I'm using my professor's powerpoint. They're not very good at being direct about which part of history my class was in.
Mahiru Suoh
Ulterior_Motives
Mahiru Suoh
kalakimba
I see what your talking about, I hate calling myself an artist because i feel like my work isnt on par with artists i enjoy excluding folk lol) here in ottawa the most expensive peice of art we have in the national gallary of canada is the voice of fire . . its millions of dollars and a joke User Image

As unimpressed as I am with the government with purchasing that, it really doesnt contribute to the discussion of surrealism.

I believe that that God, I hate English some days) is postmodernism art.

Just thought Id point that out.

EDIT: Its actually abstract expressionist art. I need to pay more attention in Art history. gonk

Are you sure its not early minimastic modern or hard edge abstraction??

Abstract expressionism was about the movement, energy, and expression of the paint. Paint was a physical force in control of their paintings.Pollock, Rothco, Dekooning)

Also- Ill leave this here for anyone struggling with art history terms to read and consider:

I guess its possible. Im using my professors powerpoint. Theyre not very good at being direct about which part of history my class was in.

It makes me sad that art history is so poorly taught. Its really fascinating and actually interesting and understandable if you have a good professor of teacher. Saddly, instead of actually encouraging students to think about work and understand it, profs focus on memorization and allow students to be ignorant and resentful towards culturally important peices.

Hygienic Garbage

Ulterior_Motives
Mahiru Suoh
kalakimba

You are probably the first person I have ever met that has a good opinion of Dekooning. What particularly draws you to his style?

Invisible Codger

15,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The same question is posed towards modern and contemporary art. Almost anything can be art, at least at this point in the history of art. It's all because of Marcel Duchamp and some other modernist, ect, pioneers.

I'm not too fond of Duchamp's "brillo boxes" or "Diamond Dust" shoes, but they had a place.
:l I suppose it's all up to the person who is observing the art too.

(ps, I adore surrealism, so I'm biased. )
Leaf Collector
Ulterior_Motives
Mahiru Suoh
kalakimba
I see what your talking about, I hate calling myself an artist because i feel like my work isnt on par with artists i enjoy excluding folk lol) here in ottawa the most expensive peice of art we have in the national gallary of canada is the voice of fire . . its millions of dollars and a joke User Image

As unimpressed as I am with the government with purchasing that, it really doesnt contribute to the discussion of surrealism.

I believe that that God, I hate English some days) is postmodernism art.

Just thought Id point that out.

EDIT: Its actually abstract expressionist art. I need to pay more attention in Art history. gonk

Are you sure its not early minimastic modern or hard edge abstraction??

Abstract expressionism was about the movement, energy, and expression of the paint. Paint was a physical force in control of their paintings.Pollock, Rothco, Dekooning)

Also- Ill leave this here for anyone struggling with art history terms to read and consider:

You are probably the first person I have ever met that has a good opinion of Dekooning. What particularly draws you to his style?

Actually, a lot of painters enjoy and respect dekooning. Most for the mark making, honesty, and pure agressiveness of his work... More people like him more than youd think. It tends to be younger kids and people more focused in illustration that dislike him. Post modernists also hate him because hes the epitome of late modernism and greenburgian thought.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff