Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stellar Superhero

hello!!
Finally found my drawing tablet and it still works(it's a miracle)
I do want to start practicing using it since i'm in a design course,so practicing on tablets will help me to improve sweatdrop
May i ask,what softwares do you all use for your digital artworks? I've heard of sai and gimp before! Oh,my school provides me with Photoshop CC as well! Currently have in on my mac c:
Am i able to do digital arts on photoshop?
Please advice me,i'm so confused emo
You are certainly able to do digital art on Photoshop CC. When you first use Photoshop it may look intimidating at first... with all the tools on the side and everything, but you can create works of art just with the brush tool. I've used Photoshop for awhile now and all I've been really using is the brush and the blur tools.

the software I use actively include, Paint Tool Sai, Photoshop CC, and Clip Studio Paint.
Out of all of these, Clip Studio Paint is the best for me, in my opinion it has all the tools I need,
and I produce my best works from it.

Stellar Superhero

Protiek
You are certainly able to do digital art on Photoshop CC. When you first use Photoshop it may look intimidating at first... with all the tools on the side and everything, but you can create works of art just with the brush tool. I've used Photoshop for awhile now and all I've been really using is the brush and the blur tools.

the software I use actively include, Paint Tool Sai, Photoshop CC, and Clip Studio Paint.
Out of all of these, Clip Studio Paint is the best for me, in my opinion it has all the tools I need,
and I produce my best works from it.

ah omg thank you so much for the advice!
I would love to see some of your works that you've created from the software! do you mind showing me? c:

Ruthless Hellraiser

A lot of people use Photoshop to make art, but it has a lack if blending tools. It is a pretty great tool but a bit hard to get use too. Paint Tool Sai is not available on Mac, and it is no longer being updated. A lot of people use it though because of line quality and the blending capabilities. However Clip studio paint is just as good if not better than Sai. It has a lot of great brushes, line capabilities and blending. I personally love clip studio paint. It is and easy to use and reliable program and it also works on Mac. I highly suggest it. Also it is known as manga studio 5 as well. They are the same program.

Stellar Superhero

Yuki Misa Night
A lot of people use Photoshop to make art, but it has a lack if blending tools. It is a pretty great tool but a bit hard to get use too. Paint Tool Sai is not available on Mac, and it is no longer being updated. A lot of people use it though because of line quality and the blending capabilities. However Clip studio paint is just as good if not better than Sai. It has a lot of great brushes, line capabilities and blending. I personally love clip studio paint. It is and easy to use and reliable program and it also works on Mac. I highly suggest it. Also it is known as manga studio 5 as well. They are the same program.

ah i see!!
Thank you so much!!
Do you perhaps have the link of where i can download this program from? c:

Ruthless Hellraiser

I'm on my phone so I can't link but you can go to the clip studio paint website and download a free trial. Just the other day I saw it on sale on Amazon.
I am using Paint Tool Sai. I also have Manga Studio, but I haven't used it yet 3nodding

Angelic Muse

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
You can use Photoshop.

Paint tool sai is what I use but it is PC only.

Stellar Superhero

Yuki Misa Night
I'm on my phone so I can't link but you can go to the clip studio paint website and download a free trial. Just the other day I saw it on sale on Amazon.

ah ok thank you so much for your help! <3

Stellar Superhero

mishiiro
I am using Paint Tool Sai. I also have Manga Studio, but I haven't used it yet 3nodding

how's paint tool sai for you? Is it good? xD

Stellar Superhero

YuukiPinkuu
You can use Photoshop.

Paint tool sai is what I use but it is PC only.

i have installed parallel windows on my mac so i can use windows on my mac!
I should be able to download paint tool sai right? c:
donuht
mishiiro

Yes, and it's easy. Most of my artist friends use SAI. You could also find tips and tutorials of other artists who are using it.

Stellar Superhero

mishiiro
donuht
mishiiro

Yes, and it's easy. Most of my artist friends use SAI. You could also find tips and tutorials of other artists who are using it.

ah i see! Thank you so much for the information <3
donuht
mishiiro
donuht
mishiiro

ah i see! Thank you so much for the information <3

No problem wink

Vermillion Lunatic

donuht

i have installed parallel windows on my mac so i can use windows on my mac!
I should be able to download paint tool sai right? c:
Don't think you've gotten a reply yet, so I'll go~
Yes, I think you should! By the way, Sai IS being updated at the moment--well, an update for it is currently in the beta process (I think) and it has circle guidelines, rulers, text, etc. It's still only in beta stage or whatever now, though, and only in Japanese, so you'd be best off sticking to SAI 1.1.0.
I myself am running Windows 7 on a Macbook, though I'm using Bootcamp, not Parallels. However, if Parallels is like Bootcamp in how it runs windows (and the only difference is that it's easier to switch between the two operating systems), then it should work.
If you're planning to get SAI, finding a version of SAI 1.1.0 (the version with transparency for when you save images).

Another one that hasn't been mentioned yet is Mischief, an interesting program to fiddle around with a bit (though I hear it's not really worth buying at the moment). It has quite nice sketching tools.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff