Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Sophomore

I paid a visit to the promotion sub forum here on gaia in an attempt to, well, promote myself. I stream nearly every night and I'd like to see some new faces. I posted a thread, which recieved no responses and subsequently looked around to discover that the entire sub forum is pretty inactive. I think posting simply to promote my stream in freebies or any other sub forum is technically against the rules and the thread would simply be moved back to promotions where it would sit and collect dust.

I have thought of holding an auction to gather a large number of people who are interested but that will have to wait for some time.

With all of that being said, I would like any advice or suggestions that you might have on the subject. I also think that other artists are having this problem to an extent, so for the one's that can answer, you'll be helping us all.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Peculiar Entrepreneur

From what I've seen most places meant for artists to promote themselves are more people looking for exposure than those looking for people to follow.

You can put advertisements for your stuff in your signature and post around. A good layout would be a detail shot of your best drawing and text below saying you stream every day with a link to the stream. Cant say my sig has gotten me much attention but it's something.

It also helps to have links to your art sites in your profile. Besides this post, there's no indication that you draw. You are your own manager and you're the only one that can get your name out there.

Dedicated Sophomore

Psychonautic
From what I've seen most places meant for artists to promote themselves are more people looking for exposure than those looking for people to follow.

You can put advertisements for your stuff in your signature and post around. A good layout would be a detail shot of your best drawing and text below saying you stream every day with a link to the stream. Cant say my sig has gotten me much attention but it's something.

It also helps to have links to your art sites in your profile. Besides this post, there's no indication that you draw. You are your own manager and you're the only one that can get your name out there.

Gotcha, thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces