Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Flip-Flopper

17,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
I recently discovered the sticky on the top of the Art Discussions forum and went to download the open canvas 1.1 that was linked inside the "art program" section and found that the link was broken (as were several others, for me at least). So I google searched it and found the link below:

http://wistinga.online.fr/opencanvas/

The program itself worked, but when I tried to Upload it to photobucket it would stop at 34% and begin to oscillate in that range. I then attempted to open the picture i just drew in the program only to find my laptop couldn't open it either. I am currently running windows 7 (16bit)

Could someone please either 1) assist me in fixing/properly downloading open canvas 1.1
or 2) provide a direct link to a (different) program that will open, save, and upload to photobucket that is similar to open canvas?

It would be incredibly appreciated.
            Which filename extension do you see on your file?

By default OC will attempt to save in its native format (.wpb) which most likely is not supported by your browser (including Photobucket). It could possibly be the reason why it ******** up.
try paint tool sai??? i once used open canvas and i find sai way better.

Fanatical Flip-Flopper

17,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
Vrazhe
            Which filename extension do you see on your file?

By default OC will attempt to save in its native format (.wpb) which most likely is not supported by your browser (including Photobucket). It could possibly be the reason why it ******** up.

To be completely honest I have no idea. Besides the most rudimentary skill set (such as copy, paste, clear cache, etc) I have very little knowledge of programs/computers. I have be slowly building my knowledge on that front but I seem to have a very thick mental wall between me and this type of thinking (though I have been able to understand very basic html). I really wouldn't be able to tell you what I have done or what file type I have downloaded sweatdrop

Where might I locate the information to tell me what format it was saved as?
You can know which format it is saved as in the file's name. ________.jpg for example, ________is the name and jpg is the format.
In open canvas, when you click on "save as" to save you file, you can choose the format. you can save it in jpg, jpeg, wpb,.... ect
hope i helped X)
By the way, open your file in open canvas, click on "save as" and NOT "save" i think you can see which format your file is in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff