Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
ANNOUNCEMENT!
check out my first post. Just made an important announcement about the manga. Don't worry, it's a good one

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Manga UPDATED!
Also, MangaMagazine is now called InkBlazers

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Just made another announcement, be sure to check the first post

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Hey there everybody! Sorry I've been gone so long. I just moved into my first apartment!

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
O.O hmm so I have read your first chapter (interesting!) and am Intrigued, however I got to ask XD is the manga only on this site? I don't have an account and cant read the rest

also o; after briefing through the last pages, how did your submitting go? im getting read to submit a comic of my own( not a manga so idk if the rules are diff) and honestly im horrified!

XD I hope it went well for you 3nodding

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Static Sludge
O.O hmm so I have read your first chapter (interesting!) and am Intrigued, however I got to ask XD is the manga only on this site? I don't have an account and cant read the rest

also o; after briefing through the last pages, how did your submitting go? im getting read to submit a comic of my own( not a manga so idk if the rules are diff) and honestly im horrified!

for awhile, I posted it on deviantart, but I stopped
If you can recommend a good site, I'll consider posting it there too

and no need to be horrified. I'm sure your comic submission will go smoothly

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ophelianime
Static Sludge

for awhile, I posted it on deviantart, but I stopped
If you can recommend a good site, I'll consider posting it there too

and no need to be horrified. I'm sure your comic submission will go smoothly

Dx yeah Im sure its just nerves...

hmm. well, im working on my own website, that might be beneficial for a representation of your work, but I might just make an account. ive heard smack jeeves is simple enough (you can read with out signing in)

but at the same time, then people will read it and not follow so you wont have proof of your success gonk *rambles* don't mind me, I talk to myself

ill probably just make an account then sweatdrop

Dapper Kitten

3,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
I just finished reading the synopsis and it made me want to read the rest of the story,

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
pix1epop
I just finished reading the synopsis and it made me want to read the rest of the story,

oh good. nice to know I made it intriguing
let me know what you think of the story

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm back!!! I was away for work but I'm back. I'm going to write again, too.

hmm wow they changed their site!!!

Good story so far, looks like we should be expecting some sort of conflict soon?

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
hisoka hxh

Good story so far, looks like we should be expecting some sort of conflict soon?

Yes, next chapter
by the way, I just made a big update that finished chapter 5!
So y'know, Welcome Back!

On a different note, I'm a little dissatisfied with a few things
I told myself I'd make the volumes each six chapters long, but I made the sixth chapter extra long, so I decided to break it up into three chapters. However, ending the volume on the sixth chapter feels a little . . . . bland. Mostly because it isn't until the seventh chapter that real stuff starts to happen.
I know it may seem that I ignore everyone's advice, but I really do take it into account. Particularly how slowly things progress. I'm trying to think of ways to punch up the storyline, of volume one, but I may need some help on making it work.
Edits need to be made anyway. There are some technical changes I feel need to be made. It would help if I could find an editor. Can anybody suggest one?

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh

Yes, next chapter
So y'know, Welcome Back!

I told myself I'd make the volumes each six chapters long, but I made the sixth chapter extra long, so I decided to break it up into three chapters. However, ending the volume on the sixth chapter feels a little . . . . bland. Mostly because it isn't until the seventh chapter that real stuff starts to happen.
I know it may seem that I ignore everyone's advice, but I really do take it into account. Particularly how slowly things progress. I'm trying to think of ways to punch up the storyline, of volume one, but I may need some help on making it work.
Edits need to be made anyway. There are some technical changes I feel need to be made. It would help if I could find an editor. Can anybody suggest one?

if you are looking for an editor, I do know a few from outside of North America. Still, I wouldn't depend on them much since they have their own "standards" since they are from a different culture.

As for how to end a volume with the most appropriate ending, may I suggest a cliffhanger? Because you want your readers to crave your work, you know.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh

Yes, next chapter
So y'know, Welcome Back!

pardon me jumping in,
but I agree with leaving off on cliffhangers.
if you are worried about too slow a pace, a good way to think is on every "right" (if it were a physical copy for instance) page should be a cliffhanger to make the reader want to "turn" the page.
I also noticed how you spoke about youre usual break down. again try mapping out where you want to leave the reader on every page/volume. I write American style comics I suppose so it could be different for manga, but I think any comic benefits from that kind of writing!

sorry again to intrude *poof*

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Static Sludge
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh

Yes, next chapter
So y'know, Welcome Back!

pardon me jumping in,
but I agree with leaving off on cliffhangers.
if you are worried about too slow a pace, a good way to think is on every "right" (if it were a physical copy for instance) page should be a cliffhanger to make the reader want to "turn" the page.
I also noticed how you spoke about youre usual break down. again try mapping out where you want to leave the reader on every page/volume. I write American style comics I suppose so it could be different for manga, but I think any comic benefits from that kind of writing!

sorry again to intrude *poof*

thas ok
stick around
well, it does end on something of a cliffhanger. I'm just wondering if it will be enough of a cliffhanger
I guess I'll just wait and see

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces