Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
Hello everyone, I been trying to find good tutorials on how to draw hands and hand poses, and I can't one that would be easy for me to learn. Can anyone help me bcuz I now want to learn how to draw hands since their always hard for me draw.
Draw your own hand?

Invisible Kitten

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
You don't need tutorials; often they don't really help at all (I know, I tried). You need to look at real hands and learn how they work. Use your hand, images of hands, other people's hands (of all ages!). Try to understand it for yourself; that helps you gain a MUCH better knowledge of it than looking at tutorials since only you understand the way you learn things.

Friendly Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
Cream Puffnut
You don't need tutorials; often they don't really help at all (I know, I tried). You need to look at real hands and learn how they work. Use your hand, images of hands, other people's hands (of all ages!). Try to understand it for yourself; that helps you gain a MUCH better knowledge of it than looking at tutorials since only you understand the way you learn things.

i do try to draw my own hand and images of hands, but i sometimes don't know where to start from there. for example when i start a drawing and i get to the hands, i make the hand pose i want looking for, and i just sketch the shape of it which i always make mistakes at.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Draw your own hands many many times. Use a mirror to see it from the perspective of an observer.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

TJ the HedgeSaiyan
Cream Puffnut

i do try to draw my own hand and images of hands, but i sometimes don't know where to start from there. for example when i start a drawing and i get to the hands, i make the hand pose i want looking for, and i just sketch the shape of it which i always make mistakes at.
Then study your hands. Look at the structure and how the muscles look under the skin. Examine your range of motion, study how it looks when you are holding things. I think your problem is that you are drawing your idea of hands rather than the hand in front of you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff