Welcome to Gaia! ::

I would like to know a good free and easy program i could use to make digital art, i see many people requesting freebies and would love to make them some art. I enjoy making people happy and would be very appreciative if you can provide me with some free computer art making programs. heart
- i will even make you avi art if you desire
SAI is a very light weight, easy to use digital painting program. It's not free, but at only around $50.00, I personally feels it offers a lot of the price.

I believe Open Canvas IS free (I could be wrong?) but the only time I used it I didn't enjoy it much.
SailorVera
SAI is a very light weight, easy to use digital painting program. It's not free, but at only around $50.00, I personally feels it offers a lot of the price.

I believe Open Canvas IS free (I could be wrong?) but the only time I used it I didn't enjoy it much.

Thank you for the information, i definitely cannot afford a $50 program right now, that's costly for me.
Ayoo_booty_Grabber
SailorVera

Thank you for the information, i definitely cannot afford a $50 program right now, that's costly for me.

Unless you're, like, 13, and too young for a job better than baby sitting or newspaper delivery, odds are, you can likely find $50.00 to support developers. When I was too young for proper work I'd clean old people's houses or their lawns up for them for extra money. (They alao usually gave my baked treats whenever I was done for the day because old people love to bake and feed people.)

I do really recommend SAI. Just keep in mind, it's for digital painting, not photoshop.
SailorVera
Ayoo_booty_Grabber
SailorVera

Unless you're, like, 13, and too young for a job better than baby sitting or newspaper delivery, odds are, you can likely find $50.00 to support developers. When I was too young for proper work I'd clean old people's houses or their lawns up for them for extra money.

I do really recommend SAI. Just keep in mind, it's for digital painting, not photoshop.

Nope not 13 but there are other things i can spend my money on then that. I will probably try it in the future but not any time soon. $50 can be well spent on necessities i need in life

Greedy Consumer

Ayoo_booty_Grabber
I would like to know a good free and easy program i could use to make digital art, i see many people requesting freebies and would love to make them some art. I enjoy making people happy and would be very appreciative if you can provide me with some free computer art making programs. heart
i tried to google it since no one aorund here is suggesting anything yet http://www.digitalartistdaily.com/blog/2012/01/top-5-free-art-programs/ imma try a couple of thes eprobably when im not so tired.

the comments um, suggest a couple programs too, in the article
Gardening_with_Rave_Music
Ayoo_booty_Grabber
i tried to google it since no one aorund here is suggesting anything yet http://www.digitalartistdaily.com/blog/2012/01/top-5-free-art-programs/ imma try a couple of thes eprobably when im not so tired.

Oh okay thank you sir, i may try some as well. ^-^ Thank you very much for the link heart
And i like your Avatar it is very nice

Greedy Consumer

Ayoo_booty_Grabber
Gardening_with_Rave_Music
Ayoo_booty_Grabber

Oh okay thank you sir, i may try some as well. ^-^ Thank you very much for the link heart
And i like your Avatar it is very nice
Thanks!

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Gimp is free and relatively easy to use. It's interface and tools are like photoshop. I think Photoshop may have an old version for download. I'd maybe google that because even photoshop 6 is pretty good and can do most simple things. I used it in a lot of my early digital works.

Let's see...MyPaint is fun and free if you like the look of traditional works. Krita is new. I don't know much about it other than it's free and you can paint with it.
XMegantronX
Gimp is free and relatively easy to use. It's interface and tools are like photoshop. I think Photoshop may have an old version for download. I'd maybe google that because even photoshop 6 is pretty good and can do most simple things. I used it in a lot of my early digital works.

Let's see...MyPaint is fun and free if you like the look of traditional works. Krita is new. I don't know much about it other than it's free and you can paint with it.

Oh okay thank you for the information

Anxious Cat

19,790 Points
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but FireAlpaca is a good free program for drawing. It has a stabilizer (called correction) that can make your lines less shaky and it's almost like a downgraded version of SAI. It's worth trying out anyway.

Here's the link to the place where you can download it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff