Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celestial Dog

Recently I stumbled across these inking brushes on DeviantART and absolutely fell in love with them. Especially the first one. So I thought I'd share them with you guys because what good is great stuff someone's offering for free if you don't spread the word and give them the attention they deserve?

SO

Do you guys have any brushes you have a preference toward? Do you hunt down custom brushes? Or stick with the defaults?
OR are you the type to just make your own?

(ps if you've never tried manga studio I highly recommend it. It's a great illustration program, it's like photoshop and sai had a mac-friendly baby who outshines both its parents)
I'll check those out, thanks for the heads up!

I use Frenden's brushes, they're a popular set of Manga Studio brushes he created. You have to pay for them, but they are super affordable, definitely worth the money! I use these very religiously.
http://frenden.myshopify.com/products/manga-studio-5-pencilling-inking-painting-brushes

He's got other MS brushes too worth checking out.

Celestial Dog

Shadowolf
I'll check those out, thanks for the heads up!

I use Frenden's brushes, they're a popular set of Manga Studio brushes he created. You have to pay for them, but they are super affordable, definitely worth the money! I use these very religiously.
http://frenden.myshopify.com/products/manga-studio-5-pencilling-inking-painting-brushes

He's got other MS brushes too worth checking out.
I've heard a lot about his brushes, I'm really curious about them.

unfortunately I'm supersuper cheap and the idea of for-pay brushes scares me since I'm not 100% sure if I'd use them

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I've only been using the default brushes. I'll check out the free ones that you linked. My art isn't worth wasting money on fancy brushes and such...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff