Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Lover

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Hello there,

So I am trying to draw this picture for a project for my english class...and what I want to draw is a person who is in a maze inside the brain and he is looking up at the brain...but I don't know how to draw the brain as if it were a dome?

If you don't know what a dome looks like (which I guess then I wouldn't be asking some of you ^^p ) here are a few examples of what the inside looks like:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The point of this one is to see how it's shaped..though i guess the otherones do that well..especially the deviantart oneUser Image
A minecraft version razz

a small dome example

So I feel like it looks easy to do and maybe some of you are saying that to yourself xD but I'm struggling since it's the inside a brain... T^T

Help? Tips?

Eternal Hellraiser

Unsure if you mean. like. perspective of being "in" the brain tissue looking up/"out" or as if the perspective is coming from "under" and looking up at a brain that is kind of like a dome.

Considering a brain looks like this

I can only think of it being pretty angular, not, very.. dome like ;> o >
      Due to needing some way to portray the ridges of the tissue.
      But could be interesting to consider the brain being made of glass though.. hah.

Lonely Lover

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Lol it would be as if we're inside the brain.

so do you think then when I draw what i want that I should go from large to small then on both sides, where small is meeting in the middle?

Eternal Hellraiser

XxTheEmo-Mad-HatterXx

so do you think then when I draw what i want that I should go from large to small then on both sides, where small is meeting in the middle?

If your inside then the general shape of the brain is kinda irrelevant, and maybe you would draw it similar to a dome. But, the angular sections should probably be more similar to the ridges, kind of curvy/random opposed to the strict lines, and "glass" tinted pink if only to better show the perspective of being inside the brain.
      The interior would be filled with whatever is relevant to the project, walls could be fleshy- not unlike the stuff seen sometimes in games, manga, ect.

If near the front of the skull you'd be within the frontal lobe most likely (the section on the far left).
      But really, the whole thing is gonna be your artistic interpretation man. A real brain is more or less solid, so there is no right or wrong- so long as its pretty clear that your within somekind of ridged organ.

Lonely Lover

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Elinoi
XxTheEmo-Mad-HatterXx

If your inside then the general shape of the brain is kinda irrelevant, and maybe you would draw it similar to a dome. But, the angular sections should probably be more similar to the ridges, kind of curvy/random opposed to the strict lines, and "glass" tinted pink if only to better show the perspective of being inside the brain.
      The interior would be filled with whatever is relevant to the project, walls could be fleshy- not unlike the stuff seen sometimes in games, manga, ect.

If near the front of the skull you'd be within the frontal lobe most likely (the section on the far left).
      But really, the whole thing is gonna be your artistic interpretation man. A real brain is more or less solid, so there is no right or wrong- so long as its pretty clear that your within somekind of ridged organ.

alright. danke. :3

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Look at the outside of a brain and look at the pattern of the folds and imagine yourself inside and reverse the surface. where it bulges, make it a negative space arching over the viewer.

Look at how the cloth is shaded to show the surface. You can do something similar to show the inner surface of the brain.

Lonely Lover

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
God-the-almighty
Look at the outside of a brain and look at the pattern of the folds and imagine yourself inside and reverse the surface. where it bulges, make it a negative space arching over the viewer.

Look at how the cloth is shaded to show the surface. You can do something similar to show the inner surface of the brain.

oh! That was interesting! very helpful! thank you!

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

XxTheEmo-Mad-HatterXx
Glad I could help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items