No. 0.83103448275862 83.1% [ 241 ]
Total Votes:[ 290 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 >

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Wow that's a weird post above, kinda outta topic or I am confused. Maybe I should read back...

Er anyway, I don't do anime inspired art very often, but no hate here... sweatdrop

Any kinda art I hate... hmmmm... hmmmm.... Like that trash compacter art maybe.... The junk turned into art. Nah, nevermind I really just don't hate that either.
I don't like bad anime art, especially the type which has those huuge shiny eyes.
Only if you're good at them then you should draw them wink

Shameless Fatcat

Sorry, but thinking you're going to be some big artist when you're copying another person's anime is just pathetic. Being perfectly honest here, art schools do not want to see your anime. Art buyers, art marketers, and most art directors don't want to see anime either. They want to see that you can do very professional, anatomically-correct art. When you can do that, they'll trust that you'll have the talent to create a unique style that they haven't seen on a pink cover in Borders.
I've got to be blunt here; you're not going anywhere with anime, and I can be snobby enough to say that honestly, you probably shouldn't consider yourself all that talented until you can break free of anime.
No really, get away from it. The faster you break from it the easier it will be to get ahead in your classes, because no teacher will give you a decent grade so long as it looks like anime.
I don't have a lot of respect for anime, outside of a very very very select few things.
i dont mind it...

O.G. Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I like it, but whenever I look at it I think "my gawd I'm never gonna be able to draw like that" which is true although my friend says I'm good. I don't believe her to be honest. There are some types of anime/manga that I'll see and go "ew" but generally, I like most of it.
I think that the best way to start with drawing is drawing what you see, so picking up an object and drawing that, trying different angles and stuff.

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
I don't hate it, in fact it's what I draw. But, I don't like people who screw around with the anatomy too much and their drawings end up strange. I don't always just draw manga with pencil. Because I really do aim to be an artist, I paint manga and take art classes. In fact, knowing how to draw manga style characters isn't enough. There's no reason to hate manga style, though, since it's just another style of art.
omg i highly dislike anime art....its the same crap over and over to me....(no offense to those who draw it)
I hate the chibi and the KAWAII MAGICAL NEKO NEKO CHAAA~N generic styles. You know, the kind of pictures that people use for "This iz mah RP charactur." It's trashy and unoriginal.

But I do like the more traditional-made anime styles, and especially admire a lot of the art that manga artists do. =) They have actual personality and style. I like Rumiko Takahashi, CLAMP, and Yuu Watase, for example. Also, I absolutely love Hayao Miyazaki animations.

Hygienic Fatcat

I don't hate it...

I actually found it quite helpful... maybe because I'm twisted. But anyways.

I read manga and all that but I didn't exactly want to try drawing in the style of until I was around... what.. 12? Didn't start seriously practicing it until last year... Looking back at it now, I realised that I wanted to go to art school or actually be serious in art if i haven't taken interest in it. I wouldn't have even known that I liked art. I'm not saying that it is THE STYLE that pwns all, but I don't see anything wrong with learning it first instead of realism either. In fact, I learned all my anatomy stuff from the style. Though then again... I do hope I'm not the only one who looks at him/herself in the mirror for anatomy lessons. Either way, I'm now taking art in school and trying out the more realistic styles known to man, and discovering that it's actually not that bad. So I repeat my point, I don't see anything wrong with the manga style, or learning that style before realism. AS LONG AS THEY TRY SOMETHING ELSE AFTER. (I <3 sculpting)
I don't hate manga-style art, though I do feel that more people should start drawing from life instead of just copying a certain popular style. Artists gain a lot by starting out that way.

I do see a lot of horrible manga-style art attempts spamming DevArt, and it does get annoying after a while.

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I don't hate it. But like many of the other people here have said, I don't like the art of those who are inexperienced. But if I can see potential in someone's drawings, I'll watch 'em for a while.
Some people I've seen haven't improved at all over however many years they've been doing this style, and those are the people whose art I don't like to look at, really. If someone shows improvement, then I enjoy watching them.
I'm not incredibly experienced with manga myself, but I like more to look at others' art.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff