Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ya see, I want to buy an drawing tablet, but I want to know what size should I get. They have medium and small, but how am I supposed to know how big (or small) it is? ;^; And I want to know where I can buy a drawing pad cheaper because I want to but an Intuos Pen & Touch (It's $199 for a medium), but I don't know what's the cheapest drawing tablet I can get. TuT I just need a little advice that's all ;w;

Super Poster

21,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Dressed Up 200
where do you usually buy your tablets ? o.o i buy mine at my local Best Buy store
i think an intous 4 medium size is better than smaller sizes it gives you more room to draw [ its what i use :3 ]
Yes you should know the sizes you want so you can ask the people at the sotre if they have the size in stalk :3 if you don't see them
The pen is great you can buy them online plus the usb cord is cheap but the pen is a bit on the expensive but tha'ts only if the ones that came with the tablet broke or you misplaced it

is this your first time getting a tablet?
Drawn In
where do you usually buy your tablets ? o.o i buy mine at my local Best Buy store
i think an intous 4 medium size is better than smaller sizes it gives you more room to draw [ its what i use :3 ]
Yes you should know the sizes you want so you can ask the people at the sotre if they have the size in stalk :3 if you don't see them
The pen is great you can buy them online plus the usb cord is cheap but the pen is a bit on the expensive but tha'ts only if the ones that came with the tablet broke or you misplaced it

Yeah this is my first time sweatdrop I was thinking to get it online < w> I didn't even think that Best Buy had drawing tablets (what a silly knuckle head I am). Now with the quality the Intous 4, is it worth its money?
If the size is worrying you all the sites generally indicate the 'drawing area' size which is the part you draw on. Just grab a ruler and see if that size will be comfortable for you to work with. Most of the time they equate to paper size like a5 or a4.

Obviously the smaller the drawing size the more displacement you have between the size you actually draw on the tablet vs how big it is on your computer monitor too which can take some getting used to.

If you Google or check Amazon there are other cheaper alternatives to Wacom. Huion is a brand my cousin is getting and has received some good reviews as well.

Super Poster

21,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Dressed Up 200
AnimatedRaven
Drawn In

Yeah this is my first time sweatdrop I was thinking to get it online < w> I didn't even think that Best Buy had drawing tablets (what a silly knuckle head I am). Now with the quality the Intous 4, is it worth its money?

oh hehe ;Best buy is a wonderful source for buying tablets X3 ; its really good better than bamboo tablet [ which is another tablet that is sold at best buy but cheaper ] but its a good tablet to start off with too but the Intous 4 is better bigger and wider read this [ Info about the Intous 4]its definitely worth the buy wink
Drawn In
AnimatedRaven
Drawn In

oh hehe ;Best buy is a wonderful source for buying tablets X3 ; its really good better than bamboo tablet [ which is another tablet that is sold at best buy but cheaper ] but its a good tablet to start off with too but the Intous 4 is better bigger and wider read this [ Info about the Intous 4]its definitely worth the buy wink

Thank you so much! 4laugh heart

Super Poster

21,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Dressed Up 200
AnimatedRaven
Drawn In
AnimatedRaven
Drawn In

Thank you so much! 4laugh heart

Your welcome 4laugh

Friendly Hellraiser

15,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
I wanna give advice but all I'm thinking is that I'm on my third tablet so I probably would be a bad example. xD

I went from a really small tablet to a rather large one to another small one. For me smaller ones work but It's different for everyone I suppose? I don't know; I'm terrible at giving advice... Lol.

Anxious Noob

you don't need an intuos for your first tablet, although the touch function is pretty convenient

monoprice and huion are good brands that are a lot less expensive, and you can get good deals online (the difference between these and an intuous won't be all that noticeable, especially since you're a first time user, unless you're planning to do super super detailed artwork)

also wacom is notorious for its shitty drivers (it's given me a lot of headaches)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff