Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fuzzy Star

i tend to sketch with thick lines, around a 15px brush and when i want to start lining it i usually try to size it down to a 9px-10px and it always comes out really weird. :/ i've been trying to do really fast motions so it looks crisp and it does, it's just that the lineart as a whole looks wonky......

does anyone have any tips on how to do this? should i just start sketching with a 9px brush and line with it too, or is it just a problem with how i do it? :') if anyone can link me things to help or give me some words of advice that'd be great!! <3
I find it's easier to work on a really large resolution and scale it down when it's done, hides some of the smaller mistakes. For example, starting with the canvas as 3000x3000, then scaling the image by 50% so at the end it's 1500x1500.
There's a lot more to lineart than brush thickness (like line weight) but I don't know any material/tutorials off hand.

Conservative Explorer

The two most common tips I read are to work at a large size then scale it down, and also zoom in to 200% or larger when drawing the line work.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

If you have photoshop you can do vectors. That smooths it out.

larrystew's Partner In Crime

Comrade

yeah I think the problem is sketching with a brush larger than what you're lining with. I used to do this and the proportions end up looking a bit off.
oh this is really helpful, thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces