Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Dabbler

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lizardlea13

I love getting art in my contest, it's fun to add their pictures and other information to the first page~ <33 This is my first contest and I think it's going well. It started out at "Over 300mil!" and I got a lot of </3's because mine was the highest...well, not it's up to over 45bil and it's still one of the highest. xD; I'm sure the people who entered art really early on will be excited to get prizes that are infinitely higher than what they thought they'd get. XD;

Exactly, normal chatting shouldn't have those gaudy images, it's just distracting. It also stretches the page which drives me nuts. I also do my best to condense the first page of a thread as much as possible. Whenever I come a cross a thread that has the side scroll suuuuuuuper small I'm like, "Oh god..."

I'd be excited for the additional prizes! x3 My first contest I raised the prizes as much as I could, but I didn't have nearly as much gold...

Super small side scrolls are scary D: I always try to keep the post trees small. Another thing is I try to put pictures in a spoiler or link form, tis not a fan of pictures stretching out the page...

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yasu Izumi

I'd be excited for the additional prizes! x3 My first contest I raised the prizes as much as I could, but I didn't have nearly as much gold...

Super small side scrolls are scary D: I always try to keep the post trees small. Another thing is I try to put pictures in a spoiler or link form, tis not a fan of pictures stretching out the page...

I recently added a dice roll to the entries, people can get 5mil-500mil simply by entering and rolling~ ;3 Oh yeah, only reason I got gold was because I had a ton of GC saved up so I bought Flynn's Booty and I've done my best to keep up with this crap. Ugh.

Aren't they?! My touchpad makes working with those type pages SUPER difficult because the arrow keys aren't always effective. ): I usually put what I can within spoilers, I'll probably start putting my character's in spoilers soon enough. As is they're all only headshots and I don't have to worry about people only worrying about the first group behind spoilers or anything, people are willing to scroll to see all of them.

Timid Dabbler

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lizardlea13

I recently added a dice roll to the entries, people can get 5mil-500mil simply by entering and rolling~ ;3 Oh yeah, only reason I got gold was because I had a ton of GC saved up so I bought Flynn's Booty and I've done my best to keep up with this crap. Ugh.

Aren't they?! My touchpad makes working with those type pages SUPER difficult because the arrow keys aren't always effective. ): I usually put what I can within spoilers, I'll probably start putting my character's in spoilers soon enough. As is they're all only headshots and I don't have to worry about people only worrying about the first group behind spoilers or anything, people are willing to scroll to see all of them.

I did a couple GC things as well, so we're both guilty of that one xD Actually my last contest had flynn's booty in the prizes. I think that was the big reason people where entering to begin with. And the dice roll idea is awesome! I've been thinking of doing something like that, but not so sure yet.

I only put my characters in spoilers because they each had pictures I could put with them, kinda just keeps it a little cleaner, I guess? Luckily it's easy to find things on your contest thread, where it's been more difficult in others ><;

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yasu Izumi

I did a couple GC things as well, so we're both guilty of that one xD Actually my last contest had flynn's booty in the prizes. I think that was the big reason people where entering to begin with. And the dice roll idea is awesome! I've been thinking of doing something like that, but not so sure yet.

I only put my characters in spoilers because they each had pictures I could put with them, kinda just keeps it a little cleaner, I guess? Luckily it's easy to find things on your contest thread, where it's been more difficult in others ><;

I think almost everyone has been guilty of it at one point or another. XD; Or has come REALLY close! A lot of people were giving out Flynn's Booty when I first opened my contest, made me want to give some out buuuut I didn't. I was hoping it might entice some more people to enter. Get some immediate rewards for your work, ya know? biggrin And it'll be completely objective since I won't be picking the price!

In my Art Request I originally had all of the information with their pictures. Once I got to 5 characters I decided to make a guild and link it all there to keep it neater. I don't know if people like it or not but it keeps the first page shorter. xD; I think yours is set up perfectly. All of the characters are clearly distinguished by having them on opposite sides and their information is right below them. 3nodding

Timid Dabbler

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lizardlea13

I think almost everyone has been guilty of it at one point or another. XD; Or has come REALLY close! A lot of people were giving out Flynn's Booty when I first opened my contest, made me want to give some out buuuut I didn't. I was hoping it might entice some more people to enter. Get some immediate rewards for your work, ya know? biggrin And it'll be completely objective since I won't be picking the price!

In my Art Request I originally had all of the information with their pictures. Once I got to 5 characters I decided to make a guild and link it all there to keep it neater. I don't know if people like it or not but it keeps the first page shorter. xD; I think yours is set up perfectly. All of the characters are clearly distinguished by having them on opposite sides and their information is right below them. 3nodding

I believe almost everyone that has the ability too, has probably givin in at one point x.x... Feels like a necessary evil!
The rolls makes it more enticing to join the contest ;D

Tis was fairly easy to keep short since I only have a dew characters. With as many characters as you have, the guild thing was a smart idea!

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yasu Izumi

I believe almost everyone that has the ability too, has probably givin in at one point x.x... Feels like a necessary evil!
The rolls makes it more enticing to join the contest ;D

Tis was fairly easy to keep short since I only have a dew characters. With as many characters as you have, the guild thing was a smart idea!

If you want to get ANYTHING out of Gaia other than friends, then yeah, it's very necessary. ; w;
Well I hope so! xD Is that your way of saying you'll enter it eventually? ;D

Haha, oh yeah, if I had done that only the first few characters would get any attention. I'll admit I have my preferences for some characters but I don't want anyone to be ignored!

Timid Dabbler

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lizardlea13

If you want to get ANYTHING out of Gaia other than friends, then yeah, it's very necessary. ; w;
Well I hope so! xD Is that your way of saying you'll enter it eventually? ;D

Haha, oh yeah, if I had done that only the first few characters would get any attention. I'll admit I have my preferences for some characters but I don't want anyone to be ignored!

I may enter eventually ;3 There were other characters of years that I liked! And I really should practice more with men..

Everyone has a preference for a character or to! :3 I certainly do~

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yasu Izumi

I may enter eventually ;3 There were other characters of years that I liked! And I really should practice more with men..

Everyone has a preference for a character or to! :3 I certainly do~

Kukuku~ Well I think you should definitely enter when you have the chance. ;D I've got a few men you can choose from! lol

That's why I'm so open to adding new characters, I know everyone prefers certain characters. I've actually come across a lot of people who only like doing monster girls. I think the only one that just MIGHT fit that category is Damisi. o 3o

Timid Dabbler

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lizardlea13

Kukuku~ Well I think you should definitely enter when you have the chance. ;D I've got a few men you can choose from! lol

That's why I'm so open to adding new characters, I know everyone prefers certain characters. I've actually come across a lot of people who only like doing monster girls. I think the only one that just MIGHT fit that category is Damisi. o 3o

I will certainly think about it! I have 2-5 pieces that are currently in order, so I'll have to see afterwards 4laugh

I've never done the whole monster girl thing o.o Never thought about doing it really, but I've been really tempted into trying furries >w<

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yasu Izumi

I will certainly think about it! I have 2-5 pieces that are currently in order, so I'll have to see afterwards 4laugh

I've never done the whole monster girl thing o.o Never thought about doing it really, but I've been really tempted into trying furries >w<

Well I've got my contest and the art request if you ever want some gold~ smile

I think some monster girls look cool, some...just creep the hell out of me. It doesn't help that I lived in Japan for four years. I have...seen some things... I love giving characters ears and a tail but I've never gone full furry. o 3o I wouldn't have a problem with it but...I dunno, something always keeps me from it.

Timid Dabbler

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lizardlea13

Well I've got my contest and the art request if you ever want some gold~ smile

I think some monster girls look cool, some...just creep the hell out of me. It doesn't help that I lived in Japan for four years. I have...seen some things... I love giving characters ears and a tail but I've never gone full furry. o 3o I wouldn't have a problem with it but...I dunno, something always keeps me from it.

Tis good to remember 4laugh I didn't realize you had a request thread, but I'll probably stick to the contest :3

I want to go to Japan someday! Tis would be awesome, not to mention it seems like it would be a different world entirely. I think my interest peeked, with furries, with my current avatar x3 Always been a fan of tails and ears!

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yasu Izumi

Tis good to remember 4laugh I didn't realize you had a request thread, but I'll probably stick to the contest :3

I want to go to Japan someday! Tis would be awesome, not to mention it seems like it would be a different world entirely. I think my interest peeked, with furries, with my current avatar x3 Always been a fan of tails and ears!

Yeah I'm putting pretty much all of my funds and signature into the contest so I've been giving it more love. XD; I just know some people want compensation ASAP (which is where that dice roll comes in now~) so I keep it around.

Japan is very nice and it is, on average, completely different from the U.S. and Europe. It's becoming a bit more Americanized each year though with the younger generation being more exposed to the outside world (and 'Merica is just the most globalized is all). If you ever do visit, do your best to be very polite. The older folks can be really mean. Oooooh yeah, I've had a ton of my avatars inspire me to draw. *turns to look at the wall in her room* In fact, I've got 5 of my drawings of my avatars over there. xd I love playing with my cat's ears and tail so I know I'd love it if I had them too. ; w;

Timid Dabbler

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lizardlea13

Yeah I'm putting pretty much all of my funds and signature into the contest so I've been giving it more love. XD; I just know some people want compensation ASAP (which is where that dice roll comes in now~) so I keep it around.

Japan is very nice and it is, on average, completely different from the U.S. and Europe. It's becoming a bit more Americanized each year though with the younger generation being more exposed to the outside world (and 'Merica is just the most globalized is all). If you ever do visit, do your best to be very polite. The older folks can be really mean. Oooooh yeah, I've had a ton of my avatars inspire me to draw. *turns to look at the wall in her room* In fact, I've got 5 of my drawings of my avatars over there. xd I love playing with my cat's ears and tail so I know I'd love it if I had them too. ; w;

People have to be patient! But I'm not always patient myself @.@ Gotta give it lots of love! Will get more attention that way!

Poor Europe D; I try to be polite everywhere I go, so hopefully if I visit somewhere else things will go smoothly!
Never thought about putting my drawing up on the wall x3 Would certain add a little art to the place! And my poor poor cats! I'm always bugging them, but they're both extremely chill x3

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yasu Izumi

People have to be patient! But I'm not always patient myself @.@ Gotta give it lots of love! Will get more attention that way!

Poor Europe D; I try to be polite everywhere I go, so hopefully if I visit somewhere else things will go smoothly!
Never thought about putting my drawing up on the wall x3 Would certain add a little art to the place! And my poor poor cats! I'm always bugging them, but they're both extremely chill x3

I agree but I'm not gonna be the one to chase an artist off by telling them to chill out. xd I like to think I have more than enough patience for two people so it balances. Yesssss, lots of love brings in more loving people~ =,D

Poor Europe?! Europe is my personal favorite continent! Okay, maybe tied with Australia. xD It helps if you learn about a country's culture before you go. For instance, in 'Merica it's totally normal to talk on the bus, yeah? In Japan, if you talk loudly on the trains people will glare at you, ESPECIALLY if you are not visibly Asian. It's also good to nod/bow, they really appreciate it.
All of them were put up before I started receiving art from others. I have like, a gabazilion picture frames so it was either leave them empty forever or put things in them. Putting in my art was what worked. smile Contessa hates having her belly rubbed but she'll let me do it for a while, even after she rolls away, she'll still be purring. She loves me just as much as I love her~ =,D

Timid Dabbler

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lizardlea13

I agree but I'm not gonna be the one to chase an artist off by telling them to chill out. xd I like to think I have more than enough patience for two people so it balances. Yesssss, lots of love brings in more loving people~ =,D

Poor Europe?! Europe is my personal favorite continent! Okay, maybe tied with Australia. xD It helps if you learn about a country's culture before you go. For instance, in 'Merica it's totally normal to talk on the bus, yeah? In Japan, if you talk loudly on the trains people will glare at you, ESPECIALLY if you are not visibly Asian. It's also good to nod/bow, they really appreciate it.
All of them were put up before I started receiving art from others. I have like, a gabazilion picture frames so it was either leave them empty forever or put things in them. Putting in my art was what worked. smile Contessa hates having her belly rubbed but she'll let me do it for a while, even after she rolls away, she'll still be purring. She loves me just as much as I love her~ =,D

Well you are bringing me in, so it must work! x3

Meant poor cause they're picking up the merica' things D: Okay, well some things arn't all bad, so hopefully they're only picking up the good thing x3 And I will keep the nodding/bowing in mind!

Sounds like you made fantastic use of the frames! biggrin
And awww! Both my kitties will let me do anything, -I would never do this- but guarantee they'd let me toss them in the air like a pizza!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff