Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Genius

Welcome to the One Night, One Million Gaian Gold, One Colored Character Sketch Challenge!

Good evening, prospective artists. I am Arena Emperor, and you may call me En. And welcome to my humble art/sketch request contest!

What is this thread, you ask? Simple! It's a challenge, a request, and a contest all rolled into one! ...Wait, that's not simple at all, is it? Well in the interest of time, I'll make this brief! What I am looking for is a sketch, preferably colored to some degree, of one character in whatever manner or pose you should choose!. Standing, posing, walking, fighting, whatever the case may be...it's artist's choice! What I am willing to pay is One Million Gaian Gold for the best of the bunch! I will also offer 250,000gg to anyone who completes a sketch of this character for the purposes of this contest, 500,000gg to any that are especially good!

I do not need an incredibly detailed sketch, or anything that will take very long. Time is a factor! I need any sketches you make to be done within the next 24 hours! The completed work is something I would simply like for myself, based on a character I created...but rather than doing a simple request forum, I thought I'd make it more interesting and have a contest, instead!

The character I would like drawn is represented as best I can manage by my avatar. I understand that this is a complicated request, and perhaps a difficult one...if you don't feel you can meet all of my demands, I still appreciate you taking the time to read and consider my offer!

As for payment, if you post in this forum and let me know that you are working on something for the contest, I will send you a trade for the initial 250,000 Gaian Gold! I will complete this trade once your submission is completed, and add on an extra 250,000 to the trade if I really love your work! And if you win the contest, I will send you an additional trade for 500,000 tomorrow after midnight!

All you have to do is post here and let me know you are working on something, that it will likely be done before tomorrow, and then post the finished product either here, or in a PM to me.

Thank you to everyone who may or may not be willing to take on this challenge...you have my deepest gratitude!

*~::Arena Emperor::~*

Quote:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
^ This is the character I would like drawn. (You may also refer to my avatar.)

Fashionable Genius

Quote:
Added Notes

1. Anyone who submits an entry is guaranteed at least 250,000 gold.

2. Most, if not all, will receive as much as 500,000 gold.

Fashionable Genius

Fashionable Genius

Absolutely can do!

Quote:
The list of items is as follows:

The Dandy Time Traveler (Pants)
Shadowlegend (The Dragon Body)
Illyncia's Honor (Hair)
Runcible's Spoon (Owl's Smoldering Gaze)
White Kendo Shinai (Right and Left Hand)
Ornith Schoolboy (Fur-lined Jacket)
Scar of Martyr

There's also these...
Astra 38 - Snowy Winter
REMemories

...but they're background items.

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
I should have enough time to do something smile

Fashionable Genius

And I'm back!

Sent a trade to both of you for the 250,000 gold entry bonus! I'll confirm that trade when either of you finish, and add another 250,000 gold when you finish and I like your work (which I most likely will).

Then after midnight, I'll decide on a winner and add another 500,000 gold for the 1,000,000 gold prize!

Thanks again for taking up the contest challenge!

Fashionable Genius

Just in case either of you are working on something and aren't sure if you'll finish in time, I'll accept submissions after midnight, but for the contest's sake, I'd prefer if you didn't go too much over.
Is the contest still going on? I was initially interested in joining but since you posted on January 17th, i thought it already ended. But if it isn't I'm working on my entry now.

Fashionable Genius

I'll accept a late entry. I'm still waiting on the others, anyway.

I'd be happy to have you join!
my full submission might be kinda late, do you want the WIP of it if i can't make it to midnight? my computer is lagging so not sure if i can finish colouring it

Fashionable Genius

It's all right, you can take a little longer if you need to.
I just received the first submission [3 hours past midnight here], and yours is the only one I am waiting on for sure right now.

So sure, if it goes a little past midnight, that's fine.

Fashionable Genius

Quote:
And with the deadline past and two entries finished, I think I can call this contest to a close!
Thanks to everyone who participated, who tried to participate, or even checked into the forum to give it a once-over!

I'd be happy to see some more art from any of you, and if anyone has any super-late submissions, I might still be willing to pay for it...feel free to ask before you start, should you decide you'd like to try!

And the winner of the 1,000,000 gold contest iiiis...

Vanseen10!

Thank you so much, everyone, for your submissions! I appreciate it all!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff