In a relationship with her cat

Shy Gawker

Shameless Bum

The Great Boobah's Other Half

Obsessive Codger

Aayeh's Bae

Alien Abductee

InkHound
So what's the duration length of the contest? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere...
basically until we have some entries haha

Shy Gawker

//loiter heart

Armed Combatant

Miss Mezzy

I see... I've been out of the art contest area for ages so I can't speak for other artists. But for me personally, it's a bit of a turn-off if there isn't an end-date posted anywhere. Like a commissioner waiting unhappily for months on end for a piece of art with no progress dates in sight-- the artist doesn't want to wait so long either without even some vague idea as to when a contest may end and they will finally know if they win something or not for their efforts.

If you're not completely against the idea, I'd suggest putting one up (anywhere from 6-12months from now as is the norm for most of them), and then tak' on the stipulation that it can and will be extended if a minimum X amount of entries aren't submitted by then. That way it gives potential artists more surety and you more than enough wiggle room to do as needed so you get a satisfactory amount of art~?

I wish you luck and I'll be a lurking... ninja emotion_bigheart

Aayeh's Bae

Alien Abductee

InkHound
Miss Mezzy

I see... I've been out of the art contest area for ages so I can't speak for other artists. But for me personally, it's a bit of a turn-off if there isn't an end-date posted anywhere. Like a commissioner waiting unhappily for months on end for a piece of art with no progress dates in sight-- the artist doesn't want to wait so long either without even some vague idea as to when a contest may end and they will finally know if they win something or not for their efforts.

If you're not completely against the idea, I'd suggest putting one up (anywhere from 6-12months from now as is the norm for most of them), and then tak' on the stipulation that it can and will be extended if a minimum X amount of entries aren't submitted by then. That way it gives potential artists more surety and you more than enough wiggle room to do as needed so you get a satisfactory amount of art~?

I wish you luck and I'll be a lurking... ninja emotion_bigheart

I was planning on adding a date once I saw we actually had some interest, otherwise it seems a waste of time. Since we've had very little interest, I'm starting to wonder if it's just easier to shut it down and give up :c

Armed Combatant

Miss Mezzy

That would certainly be disheartening. :< It's a more difficult thing to hold contests on gaia these days since the early donation items are no longer worth what they used to be on top of the gold inflation out the yang @_@

If you do decide to cancel the contest in the end, I'd suggest putting my art shop(linked in sig), in your subscribes in the future, I don't have slots open presently (I've still got two commissions to complete); I'm not adverse to the prospect of illustrating you and your friend's rl selves together. :3

Aayeh's Bae

Alien Abductee

InkHound
Miss Mezzy

That would certainly be disheartening. :< It's a more difficult thing to hold contests on gaia these days since the early donation items are no longer worth what they used to be on top of the gold inflation out the yang @_@

If you do decide to cancel the contest in the end, I'd suggest putting my art shop(linked in sig), in your subscribes in the future, I don't have slots open presently (I've still got two commissions to complete); I'm not adverse to the prospect of illustrating you and your friend's rl selves together. :3

Oh really? Ill check out your shop anyway but I dont think i will give up this thread. I've thought about it and have decided to aim for the finish date around our birthdays which are close together c:

nightclaimer's Waifu

Mewling Kitten

7,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
eek eek eek this is interesting. i'll subscribe.... surprised xp xp whee whee

Shy Gawker

Armed Combatant

Miss Mezzy

That's good~! I do hope your contest runs well then! You've kept the parameters easy and cut down on excessive text (some contests overdue it with their vast pools of OC info), so it makes getting into the contest easier in that regard. :3

I'll be around in the meantime, lurking mostly, but I'll try to post too~ emotion_bigheart

Star

Adored Kitten

Aww man, I wish I still had my tablet and computer, I'd draw you two in a heartbeat. I want to get better at realism and having people actually want RL art is absolutely awesome. Though, is there a set date that I missed for the end of this? I might try to get a tablet and hope my laptop can run decently with PS...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff