Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Officially closed due to not having enough entries.

User Image

Welcome to my first and final art contest. Since I am planning on leaving Gaia here soon, I wanted to get something for my items, since I have quiet a few. And this saves me the trouble of trying to go through shops and whatnot to find people to draw my requests. So please, enjoy your stay. Have fun and chat. ^_^ And please, don't be afraid to let me know if you're doing a piece for the contest.

The deadline for the contest is June 17th.The new deadline is July 16th! My birthday is the new deadline. So you have a little under a month to finish up entries and get them in. Hopefully I'll have more than one entry by then.

User Image

Any new or updates that are important will be placed here. Such as if I wont be here for a few days or if there is a date change for the deadline, for example.

06/17/12: New deadline: July 16th.
05/24/12: There is only about 3 weeks left till the tentative contest end. I have only one entry so far. If I don't get more by the deadline, I will extend it to July 16th (which is my b-day). That will give at least another month to finish. If I don't have more entries by then, I might consider giving out consolation prizes for everyone that entered and close the contest. This is not set in stone yet.
02/01/2012: I just found out today that I will be working Saturdays for awhile, so I might not be on much. I'll still try and get on when I can to answer questions and such.
01/16/2012: I realized that I derped on the submission form. It is now fixed and has an example of how it should be filled out. ^ ^;;
01/15/2012: Contest is OPEN~

Intro/News
Rules
Prizes
Category 1 -- Request 1 to 5
Category 2 -- Request 6 and 7
Category 3 -- Request 8 and 9
Category 4 -- Request 10 and 11
Entries
Mini contests
Q/A
Links in/Links out

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

Follow the Gaia TOS and keep it PG 13. This includes keeping swearing to a minimum.
I reserve the right to change anything about this contest at any time.
Be respectful to me and your fellow Gaians. Listen to myself and Gaurdian Krayla, as we are the mods of this contest. (Krayla is my second in command)
DO NOT criticize or flame me for my requests. If you don't like them, then please leave.
Be patient. I work over 40 hours a week (including Saturday’s) so give me time to respond to your questions and comments.
Please don’t ask me to change prizes and categories around. I worked very hard to get this all set up. I’m not going to just change things around because you don’t want to draw whatever character for a certain prize.
You can enter as many times as you like, but you can only win a maximum of two (2) prizes which have to come from different categories. So, for example, one person could win a prize from category 1 and category 3. Most likely, there will only be one winner per prize.
Also, you cannot win first place in a category AND best in show.
If I don't feel that I have enough judge-able entries, I will extend the deadline until I get enough entries. So, share this contest with a lot of people. :3
If you change your username, let me know! Otherwise, you might not get your prize if you win.
If you feel the need to either <3 or </3, please at least tell me why so that I'm not just wondering what I got votes for.
Hit and run, stay and chat. Either one is fine. Don't be afraid to let me know that you're working on a piece of art for the contests, cause updates are always loved. <3
Do not quote any posts on the first page!
I will add more as need be.

Intro/News
Rules
Prizes
Entries
Mini contests
Q/A
Links in/Links out

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

Grand Prize: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image
Second Place: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image
Third Place: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image +User Image

Best in show: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image

Category One
Ménage à trois
1st Place: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image
2nd Place: User Image + User Image + User Image
3rd Place: User Image + User Image + User Image

Moon and Dragon*
1st Place: User Image + User Image + User Image
2nd Place: User Image + User Image

Moon and Drow*
2nd Place: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image

The boys*
1st Place: User Image + User Image

Tsuki the half-elf

Category Two
Nurse and Priest
1st Place: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image
3rd Place: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image

Kay the nurse

Category Three
The Captain and the Third Seat
3rd Place: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image

Haruka the former captain

Category Four
Akio the 'knight'
3rd Place: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image

The wannabe knight and others*

* Means that if these categories don't receive enough art by themselves, I might just end up combining them with other categories. Haven't decided on this yet.

Intro/News
Rules

Prizes
Entries
Mini contests
Q/A
Links in/Links out

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

These are the main couples of my comic that I'm working on. Tsuki is in love with both men. This is based off of Dungeon and Dragons. I will be giving out some details about each character to try and help people get ideas on what to draw.

Tsuki: She is a 1/3 Moon Elf, 1/3 Drow and 1/3 Human, but usually called a half-elf. Her class is Fighter, and she uses a double ended scythe to fight. She is a very strong willed woman and very loyal, and often very outspoken. Except when it comes to love or her relationship, then she becomes rather shy. She loves both of her men equally. She has black hair and red/crimson eyes and always wears silver crescent moon earrings, no matter what the occasion or dress is. She acts "uke" when alone with her boys. She enjoys the banter between the two, and most times, finds it amusing.

Lemir: He is full Drow. He is a Cleric of Lolith and uses a long sword to fight. He is usually very sarcastic and likes to make snarky comments. He is rather arrogant except when it comes to Tsuki or Tiaoth. He tries his best to prove his love to the two of them, which is hard for a Drow to begin with, while competing for Tsuki's heart with Tiaoth. He is like every other Drow, he has black skin with bright white hair. He is Tsundere most of the time, except when it comes to his loves, then he becomes "uke" to them both. He enjoys picking on Tsuki, and tries his best to play along with Tiaoth's teasing, but usually gets annoyed.

Tiaoth: He is a young Silver Dragon. He does not have a class, but would be close to a sorcerer if he had one. He uses magic to fight and prefers staying in his human form. He has a Dragon-Pact with Tsuki, which is like a marriage contract, but he truly does care for the young woman. He is arrogant like most dragons, but he is usually calm and witty. He enjoys competing for Tsuki's heart with Lemir, even though he cares for them both. His eyes are golden while his hair can and will change color ranging from silver to gray to black. Out of the three, he would be considered the "seme" to their "uke". He openly hits on them both, knowing that they won’t return his feelings in public. He also enjoys picking on Lemir.

Requests
(This section will describe the different requests that have prizes, that I am looking to get art for. They will also have references, mine as well as others art, as to what the characters look like.)

Ménage à trois
Pictures put in this section need to have all three characters in the picture to qualify. They can be doing anything from just sitting around talking to having a romantic moment to being in the middle of a fight with monsters, etc, etc. Outfits don't matter, as long as they are fantasy is nature. So, for example, you can draw Tsuki in a dress (which would make her blush) and the boys in more noble clothing. If you wish to draw them in more modern clothing, talk to me before hand please.

References: [Tiaoth, Tsuki, Lemir] [Lemir, Tsuki, Tiaoth] [Done by Vanishing Potion] [Done by BluePuppy123]

Moon and Dragon
Pictures put in this section need to have just Tsuki and Tiaoth in the picture to qualify. Usually if the two are alone, they have more romantic moments, but they still have fun moments. Outfits don't matter, as long as they are fantasy is nature. Tiaoth usually tries to get Tsuki to dress more feminine when they are alone together, mostly because he likes seeing her in dresses.

References: [Done by Stoned Hugs]

Moon and Drow
Pictures put in this section need to have just Tsuki and Lemir in the picture to qualify. Usually if the two are alone, they have more fun or funny moments, but they do have some romantic moments. Outfits don't matter, as long as they are fantasy is nature. Lemir tries to get Tsuki to dress more Drow like, saying that since she's the granddaughter of a Matron Mother, she should show it off. At least to him, which she'll usually agree if the two are alone (and on rare occasions when Tiaoth is with them).

References: [ Tsuki and Lemir ] [ Tsuki and Lemir Chibis ] [Done by BluePuppy123]

The boys
Pictures put in this section need to have just Tiaoth and Lemir in the picture to qualify. Usually if the two are alone, Tiaoth is picking on Lemir, but always in a fun way. Tiaoth never means harm in his teasing and Lemir knows this. This is the yaoi option. Outfits don't matter, as long as they are fantasy is nature.

References: [Done by blk_psyko]

Tsuki the half-elf
Pictures put in this section need to have just Tsuki in the picture to qualify. She can be doing anything really. Usually she's found reading a book while drinking to relax. She does enjoy drinking quiet a bit, but rarely ever gets drunk or hangovers. Outfits don't matter, as long as they are fantasy is nature.

References: [ Tsuki waist up ] [Done by Prince Cielon] [Done by Toffee Taffeta (Ernya) ]

Intro/News
Rules
Prizes

Entries
Mini contests
Q/A
Links in/Links out

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

I would like art of my Silent Hill rp character, Kay, and Abel, from Trinity Blood. This is fan art request. This started as an rp between me and a friend, and we both loved how the characters fit so well together. They also draw nicely together. Now onto the info about Kay.

Kay: She is a nurse, who had been studying to become a doctor. She is very kind, and tries her best to be a nice, caring person to everyone, even to those that don't deserve it. She can be shy at times and very lady like. Her nature is a martyr, meaning that she almost always puts others needs before her own, which often gets her into trouble, but makes her very loyal. She has brown hair and blue eyes. She loves the color pink and prefers to wear skirts over pants. She loves Abel and is really protective of him.

The Queen: The Queen, which is Kay's nightmare personality, is the opposite of Kay. She is usually cruel, manipulative, and very forceful. She is a dominatrix queen and demands loyalty. She treats those that follow her orders very nicely, however, almost making it seem like Kay's personality is coming through. Her hair becomes slightly darker brown and her eyes are red/crimson. Her preferred colors are black and red, and has no specific favorite type of clothing. She has the same feelings as her "good" side towards Abel, but she is also intrigued by his Krusnik form.

Information about Abel, his Krusnik form, and Trinity Blood can be found [ here. ]

References for Abel and his Krusnik form: [ Abel and Krusnik ] [ Abel with wings ] [ Krusnik Color ] [ Krusnik B&W ]

Requests
(This section will describe the different requests that have prizes, that I am looking to get art for. They will also have references, mine as well as others art, as to what the characters look like.)

Nurse and Priest
Pictures put in this section need to have both Kay and Abel in the picture. They can be doing anything from being romantic, to having fun, to even fighting monsters in Silent Hill, etc, etc. The two are both somewhat shy when it comes to romantic things. Kay and Abel, along with their alternate forms, can be paired up any way that you want. So Kay and Abel or Queen and Abel or Queen and Krusnik or Kay and Krusnik are the possible couple combinations that can be in the picture. Clothing does not matter for them as long as it's on the more modern side or the fancy designs of the Trinity Blood world.

References: [ Kay (nun uniform) and Abel ] [ Done by Kaellis ] [ Done by Silent Hill ]

Kay the Nurse
Pictures put in this section need to have just Kay or the Queen in the picture. Kay can be doing anything either Silent Hill or Trinity Blood related, or she could be doing nurse things. She usually bakes cookies or other sweets when she doesn't have anything else to do. Clothing doesn't matter as long as it's on the more modern side or the fancy designs of the Trinity Blood world.

References: [ Nurse ] [ Queen (eyes are red) ] [ Done by MadHatterKyoko (DA) ]

Intro/News
Rules
Prizes

Entries
Mini contests
Q/A
Links in/Links out

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

I would like art of my Bleach captain, Haruka, with Ikkaku Madarame. This is a fan art request. This started out as an rp between me and a friend in a massively huge crossover rp. The two work well together and play off of each other. Now onto the information.

Haruka: She is the former first captain of the 11th squad. She left Soul Society around the time that Urahara did, as she accidentally stumbled across the plot that was going on. She is strong willed, very tomboyish, out spoken, and often most people either fear or hate her. She's not afraid to use her figure or her intimidation to get her way. She uses her gifts and strength to teach others, even though it may be in a very unorthodox kind of way. She has a few rare moments of actually acting like a loving, caring woman. But those are a few moments saved for her friends and Ikkaku. She is taller than Ikkaku. She has solid black hair when in the human world and her eyes are blue, otherwise she has a red streak going through her hair.

More info on Ikkaku and Bleach can be found [ here. ]

References of Ikkaku: [ Ikkaku ] [ Ikkaku's Bankai ]

Requests

Pictures put in this section need to have both Haruka and Ikkaku in the picture. They can be doing anything from fighting hallows, to sparing, to have some funny and awkward romantic moments, etc, etc. Haruka is always straight forward with her feelings and often makes Ikkaku blush because of it. Clothing doesn't matter too much as long as it's modern and/or Japanese styles.

References: [ Haruka and Ikkaku ] [ Done by iAnzu ]

Pictures put in this section need to have just Haruka in the picture. She can be doing anything. She enjoys teaching and taking care of birds. But she's like the rest of 11th squad when it comes to fighting. Clothing doesn't matter as long as it's modern and/or Japanese styles.

References: [ Haruka ]

Intro/News
Rules
Prizes

Entries
Mini contests
Q/A
Links in/Links out

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

These are the request for one of my OC's that comes from the Revolutionary Girl Utena world. This really isn't a fanart request, since I really just want art of Akio, but there is an option for fanart you chose to draw that. Akio (and my other OC's mentioned later) are from a different school named Levonte, but it does exist in the Utena world. Now onto the info about Akio.

Akio: She seems shy when someone first meets her, but she opens up once the introductions are over. It's easy to get her annoyed about something, but she won’t lose her temper over it. She is very curious, and often gets in trouble for it. She is loyal to her friends, and defends them with all of her strength. She can't stand people who think that they are better than everyone else. She has two older sisters and wants to join the student council of the school; even though her one older sister keeps trying to steer her away from it. She has natural red hair, which she dyes silver, and has amber eyes. She always has a lone rose earring on her right ear. The more she duels, the more her hair goes from silver to red.

Information about Revolutionary Girl Utena can be found [ here. ]

Requests

Akio the "knight"
Pictures put in this section need to have just Akio in the picture. She can be doing anything from doing something fun to trying to get onto the student council to being ready to duel. She is normally in her uniform, since she spends most her time at the school. She prefers to wear skirts and shirts that aren't very revealing.

References: [ Akio ] [ Akio (after winning a few duels) ] [ Duelist Outfit ]

The wannabe knight and others.
Pictures put in this section need to have Akio with some else. It could be one of her sisters, the black rose bride of Levonte, or any of the original Utena cast. They can be doing anything that would be fitting to their personalities. They could also be dueling (in which case, it would be fine if a rose bride was also in the picture) or studying, etc, etc. Clothing doesn't matter as long as it's modern or uniforms (school and duelist).

Momiji: Momiji comes off as cool and collected. She seems rather cold when she is first met by someone, and often is cold. She can be mean, but is never cruel. She has a hidden kindness that only two people have seen: Kumiko and Akio. She has long semi-curly dark blue hair that falls to about her knees, and is bound at about waist level. She has amber eyes and a lone rose earring on her left ear. She prefers skirts and more elegant clothing.

References: [ Momiji ] [ Duelist ]

Kumiko: Kumiko is a trickster of sorts. She loves to play jokes and loves to have a good time. She is adventurous and outspoken. No one has ever seen her cry or get angry. She has long dark blue hair that is pulled into twin pigtails, with some hanging in front of her ears. She has amber eyes. She always wears a rose necklace and bunny ears. She is a part of the drama club of the school and is a shadow girl.

References: [ Kumiko (shadow girl form) ]

Hitomi: She is very quiet, almost deathly quiet. She seems almost possessed most of the time. She is shy and has no temper. She has long, mid-back length, blond hair and deep green eyes. She is the Black Rose Bride and is possessed by the spirit of a girl named Kiku. Kiku killed herself after the accidental death of her boyfriend Kaiji. Since he died in a duel, the two spirits possessed Hitomi and her childhood friend Shun. Thus the two started the black rose duelists. Kiku doesn't harm or hinder Hitomi. She actually tries to help the girl become a braver and more positive person.

References: [ Hitomi ]

Intro/News
Rules
Prizes

Entries
Mini contests
Q/A
Links in/Links out

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

I will host all of the entries on my photobucket. Each request has its own folder and I'll try to update it as often as I get art. If you put your entry onto DA, let me know and I'll make sure to fav it and comment as well. :3

Category One
Ménage à trois
Entries

Moon and Dragon
Entries

Moon and Drow
Entries

The Boys
Entries

Tsuki the half-elf
Entries

Category Two
Nurse and Priest
Entries

Kay the Nurse
Entries

Category Three
Entries

Entries

Category Four
Akio the "knight"
Entries

The wannabe knight and others
Entries

Submission form
Here is the form to submit an entry. This way everything looks neat and organized. This is also a way for me to make sure that the entries go into the right folders (or for Krayla to know since she'll be helping me with this). I will be posting these in one of my test thread, as a second way to keep track of entries. And the form is really simple! ^_^ Please post all entries either in the thread or PM them to me. Either myself or GaurdianKrayla will move them here.

Here's my submission~!
Username:
Category: (which category that your art falls under)
Request: (which request that the picture is for)
Entry: (one picture per submission form)

[size=15][color=crimson][u][color=darkmagenta]Here's my submission~![/color][/u][/color][/size]
[u][b]Username:[/b][/u]
[u][b]Category:[/b][/u] (which category that your art falls under)
[u][b]Request:[/b][/u] (which request that the picture is for)
[u][b]Entry:[/u][/b] (one picture per submission form)

Here is an example of how the form should look:
Here's my submission~!
Username: VampyreNeko6669
Category: One
Request: Moon and Dragon
Entry: [link to picture goes here]

Intro/News
Rules
Prizes

Entries
Mini contests
Q/A
Links in/Links out

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

All the prizes given out for these mini contests are given out at random. Meaning that if you win one of these, your prize is selected randomly by me, unless otherwise stated below. I have about 1.9 mil worth of items left that did not fit into the categories above, that will be used as prizes here. I will also give out art as prizes, if you chose that option.

Bump Contest
In order to win a prize, you much reach the number of bumps described below. These will last until I either run out of items or gold. Bumps must be counted, meaning place a number counter in your post, and can not be one right after the other. One minute must pass between each bump at least. You must PM me the page number of your final bump in order to receive your prize.

Once you hit the required amount of bumps, your counter restarts if you are going for another prize. If you chose to go to 1000 bumps, then keep counting past 500 until you reach 1000; you don’t have to tell me that you passed 500 bumps. You may have conversation along with your bump post (both being in the same post) but then the post will not count towards the page prizes.

500 Bumps -- Random amount of gold
1000 Bumps -- Random item or art (your choice)
2000 Bumps -- Random item & art or 50k gold & art (your choice)

Page Prizes
Once a person hits the required page number, with having an actual conversation, the first poster will win a prize. IF the first poster on the page is a bumper, then it will go down to the next person. The prize will keep moving down until there is a winner.

Page 50: Random gold
Page 100: Random item
Page 150: Random gold
Page 200: Random item or art
Page 250: Random gold or art
Etc, etc, etc.

Winners
The winners of the mini contests will go here.

Bump Contest
Winner(s) of 500 Bumps:
Winner(s) of 1000 Bumps:
Winner(s) of 2000 Bumps:

Page Prizes
Page 50:
Page 100:
Page 150:
Page 200:
Page 250:

Intro/News
Rules
Prizes
Entries

Mini contests
Q/A
Links in/Links out

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Questions and Answers

Question: I want to get [X] item, but I don't want to draw the request. Can you move it to a request that I want to draw?
Answer: No. Straight up, no. I will not be moving any prizes around, unless I wish to do so. If you don't want to draw the request, then don't.

Question: If I'm not interested in any of the prizes, are you willing to do an art trade?
Answer: Of course. I'm always willing to do art trades. :3

Question: Why must I let you know if my username changes?
Answer: Because I'm not going to hunt you down if you win a prize. Once this contest is over, I really want it to be easy and just pass out prizes and then close my account. :/

Question: Why are you leaving?
Answer: First and foremost, because I just don't have the time to be on here. Secondly, I don't have the drive. If I don't have either of these, I don't feel that I need to be here anymore. And with all the items that I've collected over the years, I figured that I might as well get something out of them. There are other reasons, but I do not wish to discus them.

Question: how many entries qualify as judge-able entries?
Answer: At least four (4) entries must be in the request for it to be judge worthy. If I don't have enough entries in all categories (some might be combined later, depending) then I will extend the deadline until I have enough.

Question: What type of entries are you accepting?
Answer: Anything really. From chibis to full bodies, and everything in between. They can be sketches to fully finished works, but sketches must be cleaned up. They can be animated, CGed, or anything that you can think of. No one type of art will be considered "my favorite type." No stick figures. That is the only restriction.

Question: Why must I tell you if I either <3 or </3 your thread?
Answer: Well, you don't have to tell me anything really. It's just a simple request, since a couple of my past threads got constant </3. If there's something wrong and I don't know what it is, then how am I going to fix it to make it better?

More will be added as need be or as I think of them.

Intro/News
Rules
Prizes
Entries
Mini contests

Q/A
Links in/Links out

Friendly Member

6,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

If you wish to make banners to use for link, PM or chat me up in the thread. I'm sure we can work out a price or trade or something. :3

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/world-s-end-dance-hall-leaving-gaia-contest-11-mil/t.77029801/][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/SilentWisdom/Gaia pics/formats/WorldsEndDancehallsig-1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://tinyurl.com/7ybzvjd][img]http://tinyurl.com/7lnyvhw[/img][/url]

(A smaller code encase you have a lot in your signature.)

User Image

If you wish to give me a link to your shop, contest, and/or quest thread, PM me the link and I'll place it here. :3

User ImageOMG NYAN CATS~ (Freebies)

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Intro/News
Rules