Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Have some gold!

thanks. 1 100.0% [ 278 ]
Total Votes:[ 278 ]

Business Businesswoman

Winner of Second Place (7 cupcake confections): Aniew

Cupcake: "There's a lot of stuff going on in this picture, but not in a clunky way. The time devoted to the background and props really give life and perspective. The gaming system in the far back is a really nice touch, too, oh and the texture of my dress! cute. ^u^♥ "

Toast: "I really like my hat."

Aniew

Business Businesswoman

Winner of FIRST PLACE (10mil): Haehyun

Cupcake: " Simple but Sweet! Dynamic. Expressive. Precision where it counts. Portrays our personalities and roles well, hehe. emotion_yatta "

Toast: "I like this one best."

Cupcake: "...but wait, there's more! I have extra goodies to give out to some of our other favorites!"

Haehyun

Business Businesswoman

All of the following folk will get a special present
of gold or items or a combination of both♥

♥Whimsical Vanilla-Chan
♥Fa!ry Boy
♥Pixy_Stiks
♥Jailin

Thank you everyone for your patience because of the hurricane and also, thank you for entering♥ Hopefully anyone else who has been hurt by Sandy will get really great luck and help!

Witty Conversationalist

Thank you so much for the contest Cupcake~! emotion_bigheart

Specially getting back to us as soon as you did. ^-^
Grats to everyone! heart

Questionable Ladykiller

Cupcakechan

@ALL: I only JUST got access to internet. Our house was pretty much destroyed by the hurricane. We can't live in it until it is rebuilt, and we've been staying at a friend's house who only just today got back their internet. AND MY TABLET DIED HORRIFICALLY emo

o___o

Oh geez, I hope it's just house damage and no one is physically hurt.

I was very fortunate that all my friends in Boston/ NY had light damage, but I keep running into people online who tell me horror stories with house flooding and broken body parts because of Sandy.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CONTEST.
R.I.P TABLET ;A;

Business Businesswoman

Fa!ry Boy
Cupcakechan

@ALL: I only JUST got access to internet. Our house was pretty much destroyed by the hurricane. We can't live in it until it is rebuilt, and we've been staying at a friend's house who only just today got back their internet. AND MY TABLET DIED HORRIFICALLY emo

o___o

I was very fortunate that all my friends in Boston/ NY had light damage, but I keep running into people online who tell me horror stories with house flooding and broken body parts because of Sandy.

R.I.P TABLET ;A;

*v* you're welcome~

Yeah, our house was declared unfit for human habitation. I hope they don't condemn it, because half of the house can be salvaged. We evacuated the island right before the storm hit landfall. The patriarch was debating staying, but he left because I voted against it. Good thing, too.
We had better luck than some folks on our street, though. Their house was COMPLETELY GONE! @O@:::

Questionable Ladykiller

Cupcakechan
Fa!ry Boy
Cupcakechan

o___o

R.I.P TABLET ;A;

*v* you're welcome~

Yeah, our house was declared unfit for human habitation. I hope they don't condemn it, because half of the house can be salvaged. We evacuated the island right before the storm hit landfall. The patriarch was debating staying, but he left because I voted against it. Good thing, too.
We had better luck than some folks on our street, though. Their house was COMPLETELY GONE! @O@:::

Island? I'm guessing you live in NY then? I've seen some news footage of that area and it didn't look good. I hope you'll be able to get your house back. o_o
On a positive note, I'm glad your ok. :'D

Shirtless Lover

8,975 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Cupcakechan
Winner of FIRST PLACE (10mil): Haehyun

Cupcake: " Simple but Sweet! Dynamic. Expressive. Precision where it counts. Portrays our personalities and roles well, hehe. emotion_yatta "

Toast: "I like this one best."

Cupcake: "...but wait, there's more! I have extra goodies to give out to some of our other favorites!"

Haehyun

D; Thank you so much! heart heart I'm very happy you liked it!

I'm so sorry about your house!! You said you live on an island? gawd, I live on long island, I hope you weren't near montauk or fire island! I hear NJ suffered a lot too. This boardwalk with an amusement park was all torn up!
              Man, I can only imagine the damage done to property near water...

I truly, truly hope things will get better. You were so lucky to have a friend to let you stay. People in the city have been sleeping in parks near burning trash cans. :c

Brilliant Fashionista

Ah, you are okay! Thank goodness! ;A;
We realized that you might have been caught in the storm on the east coast after a couple days passed and you didn't log on--you're all safe, at least.

Geez, I hope everything works out okay for you, Cupcake~! ;w;7

Business Businesswoman

Fa!ry Boy

Island? I'm guessing you live in NY then? I've seen some news footage of that area and it didn't look good. I hope you'll be able to get your house back. o_o
On a positive note, I'm glad your ok. :'D

Thank you heart I;m sure things will work out eventually.

Actually, I lived very close to that boardwalk, which is on a barrier island. They haven't allowed us to sight-see yet. We are only allowed in our respective neighborhoods because of looters and dangers such as 8ft sink holes in the roads. eek But I did see footage of it on the news! Whole place is messssssssssed up!

Business Businesswoman

Haehyun

I'm so sorry about your house!! You said you live on an island? gawd, I live on long island, I hope you weren't near montauk or fire island! I hear NJ suffered a lot too. This boardwalk with an amusement park was all torn up!

I truly, truly hope things will get better. You were so lucky to have a friend to let you stay. People in the city have been sleeping in parks near burning trash cans. :c

There are no vacancies anywhere in the whole state of NJ so people have to find friends or family or stay at shelters that are filling too fast. At least I haven't seen any folks sleeping near burning garbage cans! That is so terrible! cry Was your house okay?

Business Businesswoman

Jaillin
We realized that you might have been caught in the storm on the east coast after a couple days passed and you didn't log on--you're all safe, at least.

Yea, I am glad I posted a warning I might be gone. I've had contest holders never end their contests and scam us artists out of our hard work... It has happened so many times, I no longer will enter any art contests on gaia ever again. Mods refuse to help and send me a message saying something along the lines of.. hey, if it is too good to be true, yadda yadda it is your fault yadda,
stressed
people can be so... mean. haha
but people can also be so nice! The Red Cross folk are so kind to us and give us hugs and free food crying

Shirtless Lover

8,975 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Cupcakechan
Haehyun

There are no vacancies anywhere in the whole state of NJ so people have to find friends or family or stay at shelters that are filling too fast. At least I haven't seen any folks sleeping near burning garbage cans! That is so terrible! cry Was your house okay?

yea we lost power for maybe a day. we were more inland so we were barely scathed. My house became a refugee home for my friends and family hahaha everything looked only slightly post apocalyptic.
              have any businesses come to your aid? like i know a lot of people here have been handing out food from their restaurants and car dealerships will fix any damages caused by the storm for free

Brilliant Fashionista

Cupcakechan
Jaillin

Yea, I am glad I posted a warning I might be gone. I've had contest holders never end their contests and scam us artists out of our hard work... It has happened so many times, I no longer will enter any art contests on gaia ever again. Mods refuse to help and send me a message saying something along the lines of.. hey, if it is too good to be true, yadda yadda it is your fault yadda,
stressed
people can be so... mean. haha
but people can also be so nice! The Red Cross folk are so kind to us and give us hugs and free food crying

Aha, I know that feeling--some friends and I got through an art auction and then the winner just fell off the face of the planet. =7=;
Though really, I was more concerned that you were alive and safe than finishing the art contest, but your work ethic to immediately come back and get to work is really admirable~ =u=7

Ah, if I had any spare money, I'd donate to Red Cross~ =3=

Krowenstein's Waifu

Bloblike Duck

28,000 Points
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Team Rina 200
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
Wish I had been able to come to the thread more often and actually participate, it was a neat contest you're have been doing since I've been active on the site again smile .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff