Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Hello again Art Shop! I hope you are all ready as always to put your skills to the test for lots of money and the opportunity to once again do some of your fantastic work. I'm opening up another avatar draw so that I can have some cool stuff to put up on my profile. I've never been any good at the whole drawing thing as some of you guys are so I'll pay for it xD Anyways on to some of the descriptions of things.~

Let's start with the rules!:

1. First and foremost do not join this thread if you're not willing to commit to the art that you create. You love doing it or you wouldn't be here so don't put anything but your best effort in! I don't want a half hearted piece of art and I'm sure no serious artist would want to make one!

2. Respect me and your fellow artists. Good art or bad, I'm very picky but I won't judge you either way so don't do so to others. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone for harassment! Be Good!

3. All decisions will be made by me and are final. If I like one persons art more than I like another then don't cry if I don't pick you. I want to see your skill so I will judge you on that too.

4. All art must be submitted to me on this forum. If you pm it to me I'll put it up here on display anyways so don't be shy!

5. Deadlines will be on my birthday! So April 16th will be my limit! If you submit anything past that date then... Well sorry xD

6. Have fun and enjoy what you're doing!

7. No cheating, like stealing someone's art and posting it as your own and NO SPAMMING! Besides my bumps... xD You can help me bump
Alright folks! Secondly, we'll focus on the avatars you'll have the opportunity to draw. Draw one or draw all of them, but whatever you do, draw them well. These are some of the avatars. I've had in the past, and the reason I chose them are because it's cool and colorful! Anyways, you are allowed to change small details about these avatars. Example: On my current avatar he doesn't need to have his sword, you can focus more on the fire instead! You'll notice that each one of the avatars have either a pet or a weapon. The reason for that is because I love to keep it either dark, deadly, cute, or courageous. To me the eyes, face, and body language are everything. If the character doesn't look like they are expressing themselves or are feeling something then it doesn't seem real to me!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Next we'll cover what I'll be judging! These are the complexities and and subtle details that I look for in a work of art, so please don't slack off! heart

1. Creativity: Show me that the restrictions of my avatars don't hold you back. I won't punish anyone for changing small clothes or poses. Just don't change hair, eyes, pets, weapons, etc. Show me a beautiful background or the detail that you can put into a character or their face.

2. Emotion: The character if anything needs to be a person that I've played. If I see a bland drawing that has no detail of ever being born then I'll fail it simply put.

3. Originality: So here's the cool part, I don't judge on any sort of art that is your own. I love to see anything from chibi to anime to lifelike. Whatever style fits you best is what you need to use. However if I look through your past works of art and you have nothing drawn that even looks like the details in the one you created for me, I may assume you have copied someone else works. So please be yourself.

4. Artistic: Shading, line work, depth, contrast, harmony, pattern. All of the skills you have as an artist will decide if you are the best! I judge art, and if you are the best then get in here and win it!

5. Personal Preference: If you've read this far then thanks for paying attention! Just so you know I do have a preference on some of these avatars. The ones in gold, green, and blue don't interest me as much as the rest, however if you can "wow" me with beautiful art from these designs then I may give you extra points!
4laugh
Last, but not least, I'll tell you about the gold and other things you're fighting for! Nobody works for free after all!

First Place: 10 million gold! Everyone loves gold...

Second Place: 5 million gold! Mmm gold...

Third Place: 3 million gold! More gold?

Misc Prizes:

Drawing 3 or more of the best avatars: 5 million gold! Love the effort!

Submitting a piece of art that deserves to be judged: 100k! Everybody wins something!

But as always enjoy the topic and the challenge and keep it going so everyone can make me broke!
heart Reserved! heart
Bump! heart
Bump! 3nodding
Bumpz! burning_eyes
Bump again!

Fashionable Friend

Good luck with your contest! <3
Lil Red Panties
Good luck with your contest! <3

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit