Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
User Image

Here's some of my latest stuff, so I'm trying to gauge where I am and what I need to work on. Any tips?

Dapper Dabbler

Value, form and drawing your characters in 3D settings. So Perspective. Also anatomy and drapery. Proportions. Composition. Line confidence, and character design

Keep up the good work!

Newbie Noob

i'd say #1 is anatomy

when i first started studying anatomy, even though there were times i really hated it, it also improves your work a LOT

i see youre using guidelines (which is awesome biggrin ) and dont ever stop using them until you believe you really have the placement of things NAILED DOWN
- something i see a lot of beginners do is use guidelines for a while, then stop later saying that they get how to place things (which isnt always the case, in fact it often isnt, even i still use them)

- it also makes it easier to spot anatomy/ pose/ perspective etc errors biggrin

while youre working on that, always try new poses and angles, that way you wont run into the problem of going through the situation of drawing a perfect front view, but alien looking back view of a person or something like that XD

other than that, everything else will come naturally biggrin linework, colouring, tone/ values, etc will come naturally with just practice

use lots of references and only references from pictures (using other peoples' drawings can exaggerate mistakes)

hope this wasnt too long, and that it helped, and good luck ^_^ youre doing good so far~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff