Welcome to Gaia! ::

necrovarious's Princess

Romantic Senshi

12,400 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
Alright I have been working on this picture for a day or so now and I want some comments on it! I have never really posted anything to be Critiqued before so while I want the truth please be gentle!

This picture is a scene one of my very talented writer friends wrote when we were in high school! A little insight to it is they are Izak and Leon (if you can't tell by the names they are both boys!) and they are both vampires. Izak (The one sitting on the bed) was turned under not so favorable conditions and because of this he has never drank blood their life force. Leon tries to get him to drink fearing he may die if he doesn't. So he takes it upon himself to force Izak to drink with a kiss.

I am sorry that the pictures are so dark I don't own a scanner so I had to take a picture instead... the first one is without flash and the second one is with. I tried to fix the darkness in photoshop but it can only do so much!

User Image

User Image

Thanks for taking the time to help me better my work!

necrovarious's Princess

Romantic Senshi

12,400 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100

necrovarious's Princess

Romantic Senshi

12,400 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100

Blessed Conversationalist

6,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I think you need to work on perspective a bit. While the boys are the focal point and are done fairly well the room and especially the bed are angled in unrealistic ways and I think it takes away from the piece as a whole.
Perspective is so so so important when it comes to drawing background and making a piece flow.
My only commentary on the boys is the top one (vampire one) is drawn at an angle that I don't quite understand. The way his legs are positioned don't match the way his shoulders are positioned. there should be some shading or rippling of the clothing or both that show he is turning his body (shoulder specifically).
Good job over all though smile

necrovarious's Princess

Romantic Senshi

12,400 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
mew1130
I think you need to work on perspective a bit. While the boys are the focal point and are done fairly well the room and especially the bed are angled in unrealistic ways and I think it takes away from the piece as a whole.
Perspective is so so so important when it comes to drawing background and making a piece flow.
My only commentary on the boys is the top one (vampire one) is drawn at an angle that I don't quite understand. The way his legs are positioned don't match the way his shoulders are positioned. there should be some shading or rippling of the clothing or both that show he is turning his body (shoulder specifically).
Good job over all though smile

yea it is my first time really drawing a background so my perspective is weak I will definitely have to work on that. I also was kinda worried about the top one I looked at him when it was done like hey his top and bottom don't really match! I'm just glad I can kinda draw people sitting and such before I could only really draw people standing strate. So while I still have a lot to learn about positions being able to take the leap to better myself feels good! Thank you for your honesty I love hearing it and it helped me realize that I have to work on backgrounds more!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff