Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Hunter

7,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
So I'm trying to draw my OC, Yumiko, and it's getting a bit hard. She's small; 5'3, about 115 lbs, and she's also Oriental(if you couldn't tell by the name heh).

My problem is trying to get her skinny enough to where she LOOKS like she's 5'3 and 115lbs. I'm sooooo used to drawing curvy women that I've forgotten to draw skinnier people...whoops!

Here's what I have so far:

User Image

Please give me help! Really needing some critiques, redlines, etc! It would be AMAZING if you could help me!

Thanks in advance for any and all help! biggrin
It looks fantastic so far! I'd suggest decreasing the hip size, that would give her a much slimmer and daintier figure

Demonic Nymph

2,900 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Full closet 200
First off I think she looks pretty good, her proportions for the weight you are going for are fine, however I would consider shortening her legs some, they look a little long for someone who is only supposed to be 5'3" tall. I was going to comment that her arms appear to be a bit short for her torso, but I'll peg that on the fact that she doesn't currently have hands. Even still though they could probably benefit from a slight lengthening.

But no, I wouldn't change her weight, she reads well as slim and going too much thinner would be offsetting to what you want to achieve. If you need references for people of that weight and height you can always go to google image search and type in "5'3" 115lbs" and it brings up a lot of people in that range.

As a side note, not concerning your art I'd stray away from using "oriental" to describe people of Asian decent. It is a rather outdated term.
One thing you could try is slimming down her hips and widening her waist so she's pretty straight. It might not work, but I'm thinking she might look slighter if she's a box, instead of an hourglass.
Her hips looks huge because of the curve in her waist. If you give her a slightly smaller shoulder frame and less rib cage, she'll all around look more petite.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Keep in mind that the femur (thigh bone) should be as long as the shoulder frame is wide, so if you want to maintain her looking short, try to make sure they match fairly well.

Tipsy Hunter

7,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
Thank you all so much for your input! SailorVera, I'll definitely try and give her a smaller rib cage and shoulder frame, and Nakuya-chan, yeah I was thinking about shortening her legs, as well.

But thanks, guys! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces