Marie-Cris
silverstez
Marie-Cris
silverstez
Marie-Cris
silverstez
So I have red lined your picture with some suggestions
[*snip*]

All of the blue lines are suggestions for lines to remove. Are you using a tablet?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yeah, those places you've put in blue were just errors. As I was using Oil Brush I had to use an Art layer, which means not being able to erase anything without turning it into a raster, and I didn't want to do that until I at least had the basic sketch done. XD I must have uploaded an earlier save of it for it not to have the paw lines.

And no, a mouse. My partner has a tablet but I can't get the hang of it. Every time I put the pen down the mouse shoots off to an unwanted part of the picture, even if I align the mouse very carefully before I put the pen down.

Yeah, tablets take a bit of getting used to but they are worth it in the end. You can get much better results with them

I'm kinda worried that even when/if I do get used to a tablet, it still wouldn't work out right because I can't use the tools properly. I feel like this would be easier if I had photoshop. XD

*cough* *cough*

I think it is worth practicing with. It does take a long time and a lot of practice to master a graphics tablet but it is well worth it. To do any work digitally it is really your best option. Working with a mouse, you can do well but it is much harder and rarely gets the same results. Mostly because with a graphics tablet you have pressure sensitivity in the pen to play with and it is a lot like real drawing. The thing that gets tricky is knowing where the spot on the pad translates to the screen. This only gets better through practice but it is a skill worth mastering.

If you are anything like me though, you find being new at something (bad) really really frustrating. It makes sense. Still, it is better to go through the being bad phase so you can get to being good.

... surprised

((What's this Kakao/NetInstall my virus scanner found? Do I need that? Is that a virus? And OMG, thank you!))

I'll give this a shot on the picture, thank you so much! Now I can use brushes like other people!

((EDIT: Oh. If I can get it to install. It doesn't seem to want to XD))

((It won't install. sad ))

Really? Is your computer okay? Like, what kind of computer do you have?

My old computer was a lemon so no judgement or anything. I used that exact torrent and it worked great for me

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
silverstez

My old computer was a lemon so no judgement or anything. I used that exact torrent and it worked great for me

Toshiba ... uh ... Satellite? With Windows 7. Sometimes I can get the program to open enough to show a window of "press accept" or whatever, but then that disappears and nothing happens. A lot of the times I try it it opens up an icon in my ... what's that thing down the bottom, a tray? Taskbar? The icon means it's running the installation program, I guess, but when I click it, it doesn't do anything. If I right-click it it only gives the option to close it. Even switching to the program in the task manager doesn't do anything for it. My anti-virus ((AVG)) had some issues with it but I allowed everything it came up with, but it still doesn't work.

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Marie-Cris
silverstez

Toshiba ... uh ... Satellite? With Windows 7. Sometimes I can get the program to open enough to show a window of "press accept" or whatever, but then that disappears and nothing happens. A lot of the times I try it it opens up an icon in my ... what's that thing down the bottom, a tray? Taskbar? The icon means it's running the installation program, I guess, but when I click it, it doesn't do anything. If I right-click it it only gives the option to close it. Even switching to the program in the task manager doesn't do anything for it. My anti-virus ((AVG)) had some issues with it but I allowed everything it came up with, but it still doesn't work.

Oh poo. If you do reinstall it try making a thumbnail for it. That might help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff