Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Nice style of pose. I think the colouring needs work, so would have been better left as a line drawing, but overall its quite a nice simple drawing.
whoiswho2me asked me to run this topic for him. User Image
You need to learn to add highlights in the hair. But the line art is well done. You just need help coloring. 3nodding
I agree that the color is lacking, but that is because my markers died xp
like this? User Image
Draw something original. As it stands, all I'm looking at are shakey copies of pre-existing artwork that would be produced far more efficiently and skillfully by a xerox machine. For lack of originality and poor quality of work, I'd give them somewhere between a two and a three.
Thank you for your advice. it is much thanked
Allowei
Draw something original. As it stands, all I'm looking at are shakey copies of pre-existing artwork that would be produced far more efficiently and skillfully by a xerox machine. For lack of originality and poor quality of work, I'd give them somewhere between a two and a three.

You do know that none of this was done on a computer right. it was done with a pencil and some old markers, so i agree the quality of color is lacking compared to a perfessional anime show drawing. with the issue of them being copies, whoiswho2me felt that if he could copy a drawing it would teach him how to do it from memory. he knows his work is not as sharp as a computer colored art piece, and he is trying to pratices with coping so he can improve his art.
Titainx
Allowei

You do know that none of this was done on a computer right. it was done with a pencil and some old markers, so i agree the quality of color is lacking compared to a perfessional anime show drawing. with the issue of them being copies, whoiswho2me felt that if he could copy a drawing it would teach him how to do it from memory. he knows his work is not as sharp as a computer colored art piece, and he is trying to pratices with coping so he can improve his art.

But you can't expect people to be excited about copied work, because it lacks originality and flair, imho. I think they're too plain and still.
Medium has little to do with it, the pictures are just .. old.
agreed, but he is wondering if his skill is good enough to contiue working on.
Titainx
agreed, but he is wondering if his skill is good enough to contiue working on.

Any skill is 'good enough' to go from copying to original work. He's got the basics down, so it'd be great if he would make some of his own products now. I'm sure he can.
It's not the mediums he used that I find bothersome. I love traditional media as much as I like computer rendered pieces. Copying existing artwork will do little to help a growing artist--he may become good at drawing from someone else's art, but he'll find that his work is INFINATELY worse when he tries to draw something from his own imagination. Start from the basics and work your way up. Polykarbon would be a good place for a beginning artist to go for references and tutorials.

And Teig is right. How good you are now shouldn't make a damn difference as to whether you should keep practicing or not. EVERYONE can improve, even professionals.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff