Welcome to Gaia! ::

the picture!User Image
aack sorry theres TWO topics!
Do you know anything about ActionScript in Flash?
yeah what about it?
I'm trying to create a button that causes a layer to become visible when it gets clicked. This is what I put:

header_btn.onRelease = function(){
layers(Home).visible = true;
};

However, when I do that I get 'Statement must appear within on handler' as an error.

What am I doing wrong?
isn't there a help file about action script?
Yes, but even when I copy the examples from the help file they still won't work, and bring up the same error.

Could it be something other than my action script?
well im pretty new to flash still but if you get the button working you can add keyframe then move the whole scene on the stage I think.
Leintharien
then move the whole scene on the stage I think.

What do you mean by that?
Pocket Door
Leintharien
then move the whole scene on the stage I think.

What do you mean by that?

example the guy would be off the stage untill you press the button then the next keyframe you can move the guy on the stage and continue your animation.
for example your person would be off the stage untill someone presses the button. move to the next keyframe and move your guy onto the stage.
Leintharien
example the guy would be off the stage untill you press the button then the next keyframe you can move the guy on the stage and continue your animation.

Hm, could work. But then I would have to orchistrate the movement of various things on and off the stage as different buttons are clicked... Otherwise they would all appear on top of each other.
aack post trouble! sry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces