Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
I may link you to my entries later..

But the better I get the worse my ratings get.
Pople in the AF are way to critical on more experienced (Not to say Im that great) and way to relaxed on newbies. There should be a perfect middle for this or something. (Maybe I have this all wrong, but its they only way I can figure the art areana out..)

Eloquent Explorer

No, I totally agree with you. My theory is that people in the Art Arena just give the same rating to everything. x3 Which happens to be too generous for awful art, and too harsh for good art. In other words, don't expect the ratings to reflect reality too much since I don't think those who give them are the most discerning of art critics. whee

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
enchantedsleeper
No, I totally agree with you. My theory is that people in the Art Arena just give the same rating to everything. x3 Which happens to be too generous for awful art, and too harsh for good art. In other words, don't expect the ratings to reflect reality too much since I don't think those who give them are the most discerning of art critics. whee

Really? The same rating?
Wow.. that really isnt fair..

Like my current entry in their so far is around a 2.67 or so, all my older stuff is closer to 3. something or maybe close to 4?
Im not sure why I even put stuff in the art areana anymore xd
Quite frankly ratings don't do much for you, they don't tell you what you did wrong , and how to fix it or what you did right.... So I don't use the AA at all Picture post is way more useful.

Eloquent Explorer

Vanna1994

Yeah me neither... the small hope of exposure I guess xD

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Fuin Elda
Quite frankly ratings don't do much for you, they don't tell you what you did wrong , and how to fix it or what you did right.... So I don't use the AA at all Picture post is way more useful.

I know
I just like to post my art in the art areana once in a while for fun ^^

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
enchantedsleeper
Vanna1994

Yeah me neither... the small hope of exposure I guess xD

lol Mayeb. ^^

Charitable Giver

I really wish they'd bring back ten stars to the arenas. It'd be much easier to give more accurate ratings and there would be a middle ground. I know the feeling, I vastly improve and people give me a three. Ouch, there's a bruise to the ego.

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
That Viscount II
I really wish they'd bring back ten stars to the arenas. It'd be much easier to give more accurate ratings and there would be a middle ground. I know the feeling, I vastly improve and people give me a three. Ouch, there's a bruise to the ego.

They did ten stars at one point?
yes, that does sound like a better system.
The same thing happens to me on da though. None of my recenly uploaded stuff got any favorites (though, the most I've ever gotten for one picture was like.. 2 fav.s I believe)

You have Luke and Asch in your siggy!!

Charitable Giver

Vanna1994
That Viscount II

The same thing happens to me on da though. None of my recenly uploaded stuff got any favorites (though, the most I've ever gotten for one picture was like.. 2 fav.s I believe)

Yes they did, back from 03-06 or 07 I believe. Then they switched it to five stars.

And yes, yes I do. I drew the Luke one as a response to the Asch one ;;

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
That Viscount II
Vanna1994
That Viscount II

Yes they did, back from 03-06 or 07 I believe. Then they switched it to five stars.

And yes, yes I do. I drew the Luke one as a response to the Asch one ;;

Yeah, that would be why I didnt know that. I think I joined about three years ago.

You drew them yourself? That makes it even awesomer mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces