Welcome to Gaia! ::

How good of an artist are you?

I'm Freekin Monet Dude! 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 6 ]
I rank right up there with Picaso. Only sophisticated tastes reconise my talkents. 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 3 ]
I'm a DOOODLE WHORE! 0.45454545454545 45.5% [ 15 ]
I scrible here and there 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 6 ]
Artist? That six-year-old just showed me up at finger painting! 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 33 ]
1 2 >

OK... I've lately been starting to look around for a good program for doing my art on the computer. I don't have anything but paint! xp So... To all those artists out there; what do you use and you are welcome to post pictures you drew on that program to just so off your skills! LOL mrgreen
First of all, you will need to have a scanner or a camera to transfer your sketch from paper. But you can certainly draw straight on your computer.

For the software, you have plenty to choose from, Photoshop, Open Canvas, Corel Painter, SAI, Gimp, etc.

And, unless you're a mouse expert, you need a graphics tablet. I suggest getting something from Wacom.
those are great suggestions... i will have to look into those. did you draw your sig pic?
Yes. But her elbow is crap, and I don't have the time to change it. lol
Photoshop & GIMP
...with the touchpad mouse on a laptop (talk about take a while to get used to)
But I haven't used them to "draw" in a while. I've been using them for photographs.
Long ago I used Paintshop pro and then Photo shop, this one is a 2006 drawing at photoshop:
User Image
This one is also 2006 at paintshop pro:
User Image
The because I nolonger have those programs I use paint, this is an recent one at paint:
User Image
And those are all that i have on photobucket xD
Oh yeah, if you have the special pad to draw, that can be helpful, but because I don't have money for it, I just learn to be patient with my mouse ahahah (it was kind of tiring)
Gimp is great... and FREE. xd
ah heck no!! get a tabie! they are so cheep now! I got mine for 130. But you can also get them for 70.

Im just saying becasue mouse gives you carputunnel.
I use Photoshop for my work, usually. That and my Intuos tablet. And lots and lots of practice. XD

Here's one of my works in the arena: click!

There's plenty of free programs that you can use as well. GIMP is a free Photoshop type program.
I am a mouse expert ^_^ I personally think you need a scanner to scan your inked drawings and colour it in computer. I use Photoshop Elements 6.0 and rarely MS Paint. The only thing you have to keep in mind is to keep your hands steady, then start slowly and you will do fine =)

Here's an example of something I did recently.
Sketch: pencil & eraser & paper
Ink: Fineliner
Scanned
Colour: Photoshop ELements 6.0 & mouse

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

User Image

Getting a tablet is not a bad thing either, since you have just started it is good to start with the tablet.

-Ki

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
I use GIMP, it's free.

what sucks is I have to use my laptop mouse pad. I wish I could spend money to get a tablet...
buy nothing until you know for sure u want to pursue art.

Got a mouse? Got MS Paint? show everyone what you can do with the basics ^_^ really good artists can draw with a labtop touchpad sweatdrop but then again... they're really good

Mouse + MS Paint

User Image

Sketch> Ink>Color = Photoshop

User ImageUser Image User Image
User Image
i personally love gimp, but i'm new to the whole coloring in thing myself ^^;;

one thing i did notice was that it can be a lot of trouble if u can't sit and do the whole thing at once.

i personally saved each portion and worked on them seperately, then i put them together as layers (file>open as layers) then if u add an alpha channel (right click on the layer in the layer box, if u closed it u can find it again at the recently closed button at the top(one of the last ones)
then you can use the eraser option to get rid of the layers and combine them into one image
oh, and i got tips on how to color from my forum thing ^^;;link

hope that helps 4laugh
oh, and this is the one i did linky

and......
what's a tablet????? sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items